Computer Help

HighHeat45

Ok, my computer is in REALLY bad shape and i dont think anything can fix it but here is whats happening:

Every time i turn on my computer it freezes during the startup or doesnt read the moniter at least 15 times. It usually gets further along every time i do it though. First Ill turn it on and the moniter wont read and it sounds like the computer is starting but when i turn on the moniter i just get that box that says stuff about testing the moniter. So I turn it off and back on and the same thing usually happens about 5 more times. Then when the moniter actually reads the computer will freeze up during the memory test and driver reading about 3-4 times. Then when it gets through that it usually freezes during the windows XP loading thing about 5-6 times. Then when i finally get my computer running and i go online it usually freezes when im doing something and when i turn it back on it freezes during the startup like 2 times somewhere during it.

Now this morning after about 10 times not reading the moniter and 3 freezes during the memory test i get a message where the XP loading thing is that says somethin like

Windows cannot start due to a missing or damaged file C:/Windows/System32/Config (its something close to that, ill go try to get it again after i post and edit it) Please insert your originally windows disk and press 'r' at the startup to repair it.

So i dig up my disk and run it but i get the same message and press r but it just restarts my computer with the moniter not reading it.

Im using my family computer right now so i wont be on nearly as much because so many people use this thing during the day but ill try to get on later if people know something to fix this problem.