An interesting video

whitesoxin'

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 3, 2005 -> 05:36 PM)
I remember this being posted a while ago and all of us having a pretty good size discussion about it.  I think it was Mr. Eye who eventually brought up some pretty good evidence that this conspiracy theory is just that.

Oh sorry, I missed that thread. This video just made me think a lot. Their story seems credible, but I'm sure the conspiracy theory would have just as good of a story.

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Jan 3, 2005 -> 04:39 PM)
Oh sorry, I missed that thread. This video just made me think a lot. Their story seems credible, but I'm sure the conspiracy theory would have just as good of a story.

Maybe its true that aircraft they showed sure didnt look like a 747. Why have the tapes never been released? Thats what i want to know.

QUOTE(winodj @ Jan 3, 2005 -> 06:29 PM)
Did you ever think that the Pentagon didn't get as much coverage because they didn't think 25,000 people initially were killed there?

Or that it is a military base, and they couldn't get close enough to get any good pictures like NY or PA?

The air of secrecy that has surrounded the 9/11 attacks is a scary one, to say the least. A little off tangent but has some reasons to not necessarily believe the government line regarding the 9/11 attacks as a whole.

At least 7 of the hijackers who the US said committed the attacks are alive still -- http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/hijackers.html

That shows just the tip of the iceberg in the discrepancies. Plus, if we get out a little bit of the old tin foil -- In the 1960s, there was a program created by the government called Operation Northwoods http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/northwoods.html

Code named Operation Northwoods, the plan, which had the written approval of the Chairman and every member of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, called for innocent people to be shot on American streets; for boats carrying refugees fleeing Cuba to be sunk on the high seas; for a wave of violent terrorism to be launched in Washington, D.C., Miami, and elsewhere. People would be framed for bombings they did not commit; planes would be hijacked. Using phony evidence, all of it would be blamed on Castro, thus giving Lemnitzer and his cabal the excuse, as well as the public and international backing, they needed to launch their war.

Among the actions recommended was "a series of well coordinated incidents to take place in and around" the U.S. Navy base at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. This included dressing "friendly" Cubans in Cuban military uniforms and then have them "start riots near the main gate of the base. Others would pretend to be saboteurs inside the base. Ammunition would be blown up, fires started, aircraft sabotaged, mortars fired at the base with damage to installations."

The suggested operations grew progressively more outrageous. Another called for an action similar to the infamous incident in February 1898 when an explosion aboard the battleship Maine in Havana harbor killed 266 U.S. sailors. Although the exact cause of the explosion remained undetermined, it sparked the Spanish-American War with Cuba. Incited by the deadly blast, more than one million men volunteered for duty. Lemnitzer and his generals came up with a similar plan. "We could blow up a U.S. ship in Guantanamo Bay and blame Cuba," they proposed.

But the craziest one on there (and quite eerie) was the plot to "create an incident which will demonstrate convincingly that a Cuban aircraft has attacked and shot down a chartered civil airliner en route from the United States to Jamaica, Guatemala, Panama or Venezuela. The destination would be chosen only to cause the flight plan route to cross Cuba. The passengers could be a group of college students off on a holiday or any grouping of persons with a common interest to support chartering a non-scheduled flight." The US government has toyed with the idea of taking down passenger airliners as an excuse for war in the past.

On February 26, 1993, the World Trade Center was hit with a truck bomb that killed 6 people. The FBI and US government claimed they had no idea that radical Islamic terrorists could commit such an attack. But is that the truth? But a Dec. 15, 1993 Chicago Tribune article states that it was an FBI informant that built the bomb that was used. Even the New York Times stated on Oct. 28, 1993:

"Law-enforcement officials were told that terrorists were building a bomb that was eventually used to blow up the World Trade Center, and they planned to thwart the plotters by secretly substituting harmless powder for the explosives, an informer said after the blast.

The informer was to have helped the plotters build the bomb and supply the fake powder, but the plan was called off by an F.B.I. supervisor who had other ideas about how the informer, Emad Salem, should be used, the informer said.

The account, which is given in the transcript of hundreds of hours of tape recordings that Mr. Salem secretly made of his talks with law-enforcement agents, portrays the authorities as being in a far better position than previously known to foil the February 26th bombing of New York City's tallest towers."

Essentially, the FBI cooked and delivered the bomb that took 6 lives in 1993. In 1995, the US government found out about an Al Qaeda plot to use planes as bombs that would target the White House, CIA HQ, Pentagon, WTC and other targets. It was called "Project Bojinka". In 1993, international intelligence agents put together a report called "Terrorism 2000", that detailed how planes could be used as bombs at national landmarks...and it especially named the WTC. But we had no idea that terrorists would use planes as bombs like Condie Rice asserted in her testimony?

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 3, 2005 -> 07:31 PM)
BTW this is the other thread that was referred to earlier.

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...1&st=&p=entry

No, I think it was this one, the one where mr.eye posted from snopes.

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...&st=0&p=entry

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 3, 2005 -> 08:18 PM)
Or that it is a military base, and they couldn't get close enough to get any good pictures like NY or PA?

Ding ding ding. We have a winner, ladies and gentlemen!

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 4, 2005 -> 09:26 AM)
I'm not saying that.  I do feel there are WAY too many unanswered questions.

And I'm just saying that those "unanswered questions" are manufactured by conspiracy theorists that want to beleive there is a conpiracy in everything that is government related.

QUOTE(mreye @ Jan 4, 2005 -> 08:56 AM)
And I'm just saying that those "unanswered questions" are manufactured by conspiracy theorists that want to beleive there is a conpiracy in everything that is government related.

The power-mongers of the world do not play by the same rules as the rest of us. If you think everything is always on the up and up because they are our elected leaders, so be it.

But Roosevelt did not know about Pearl Harbor and LBJ wasn't part of the Kennedy asassination, either.