Levine Reports on Sox Offers

AddisonStSox

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim has a hard time keeping up with allstars. he likes the fringe players much better.

What's the matter with you, just seeing if you were paying attention.

Try to figure out the new board before diving right into the wisecracks. :bang

Vin Scully

"Liiiine driiiive to left center field, that'll go alllll the way to the wall ... Heeere comes Russell, Heeeere comes Lopes, Heeeere comes Garvey ... It's a double for Cey, and the Dodgers take the lead."

QUOTE(JimH @ Jan 5, 2005 -> 01:39 AM)
"Liiiine driiiive to left center field, that'll go all the way to the wall ... Heeere comes Russell, Heeeere comes Lopes, Heeeere comes Garvey ... It's a double for Cey, and the Dodgers take the lead."

Bill Buckner is 19 out of 53 against righthanders in the daytime, when the sun is shining. The pitch, hit deep into center field, nobody is gonna get that one, fergeson will come lumbering home ahead of Von Joshua and now Messersmith will take a 3 to nothing lead into the 6th inning. That's Buckners 9 double hit at Chevez ravine on saturdays.

19 out of 53 against righthanders in the daytime, when the sun is shining. 

Another guy who drove me crazy with all the stats talk was Joe McConnell.

One time I remember Hawk got really pissed at McConnell because he'd made a non flattering remark to Gus Wynn. Harrelson had tons of respect for Gus Wynn, they played in the bigs together for a brief time as I recall. I do know Wynn got his 300th at Municipal Stadium in KC (now a vacant lot by the way).

McConnell was pretty good announcing the Bears but he was Mr. Stat Mongerer when doing baseball.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jan 5, 2005 -> 01:53 AM)
Another guy who drove me crazy with all the stats talk was Joe McConnell.

One time I remember Hawk got really pissed at McConnell because he'd made a non flattering remark to Gus Wynn.  Harrelson had tons of respect for Gus Wynn, they were teammates in KC for a brief time as I recall.  I do know Wynn got his 300th at Municipal Stadium in KC (now a vacant lot by the way).

McConnell was pretty good announcing the Bears but he was Mr. Stat Mongerer when doing baseball.

have you noticed a trend about hawk. he gets pissed at alot of people, alot of times. The only one who could control him was Drysdale. maybe Dysdale threw at his head one time in spring training.

QUOTE(quickman @ Jan 4, 2005 -> 07:21 PM)
jim, it is obviously paying off to wait. prices for these types of players will come down. Smart. Only thing is what to do with Harris. Doubt he goes down. Trading him is an option but who would want him other than kenny williams. :unsure:

Looking at the rest of the free agents...

What will Maggs price be, tq and jim?

QUOTE(JimH @ Jan 5, 2005 -> 02:10 AM)
One year deal with a player option - Cubs or Orioles or Mets if the Mets can't get their first choices.

True, true, One year lots of incentives and I don't care about maggs. he is not on my team, he turned down 60 million and hired the most arrogant piece of s*** agent around .he is dead to me.

QUOTE(quickman @ Jan 4, 2005 -> 08:12 PM)
True, true, One year lots of incentives and I don't care about maggs. he is not on my team, he turned down 60 million and hired the most arrogant piece of s*** agent around .he is dead to me.

good opinion, hope we can talk some good baseball at soxfest...and hopefully you can ignore my 'young sox fan mind' to talk some baseball.

Jim, are you going too?

I don't care about maggs. he is not on my team

Agree. The bobblehead gets pulled from my shelf the minute he signs with another team. The wife does not understand this concept, I've been explaining it for like, oh, 22 years now.

QUOTE(Beastly @ Jan 5, 2005 -> 02:13 AM)
good opinion, hope we can talk some good baseball at soxfest...and hopefully you can ignore my 'young sox fan mind' to talk some baseball.

Jim, are you going too?

i will not be there. I will be sking...again. I will keep you and your dad in mind for tickets this year.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jan 4, 2005 -> 08:14 PM)
Agree.  The bobblehead gets pulled from my shelf the minute he signs with another team.  The wife does not understand this concept, I've been explaining it for like, oh, 22 years now.

It hurts to have other players stuff on my wall(s)-I'm not married so yes, I'm still free. :drink

Jim, are you going too?

Doesn't appear either of us are going, I may show on Sunday.

I hear the hot dogs are good at SoxFest Ross! :D :bang

QUOTE(quickman @ Jan 4, 2005 -> 08:15 PM)
i will not be there. I will be sking...again. I will keep you and your dad in mind for tickets this year.

contact him, he's looking for some soxtalk tickets from the season ticket holders...dunno why he wants some from the season ticket holders...

skiing to miss soxfest, come on, how lame are you?

QUOTE(JimH @ Jan 5, 2005 -> 02:14 AM)
Agree.  The bobblehead gets pulled from my shelf the minute he signs with another team.  The wife does not understand this concept, I've been explaining it for like, oh, 22 years now.

knowing your wife, I am certain she would never understand me. When is our next night out with the gals? Lets plan soon

QUOTE(JimH @ Jan 4, 2005 -> 08:15 PM)
Doesn't appear either of us are going, I may show on Sunday.

I hear the hot dogs are good at SoxFest Ross!  :D :bang

well, i guess i'm going to be ignored then at soxfest.

the hot dogs are also 2.50+ more expensive than the other ones...

why don't u share the story with the rest of us?

QUOTE(Beastly @ Jan 5, 2005 -> 02:16 AM)
contact him, he's looking for some soxtalk tickets from the season ticket holders...dunno why he wants some from the season ticket holders...

skiing to miss soxfest, come on, how lame are you?

i have a life, and a condo in michigan at a ski resort. therefore I am sking. Kind of the family thing to do. i will see the sox fail all summer. whats your dad looking for?