Paul Konerko says...

DonkeyKongerko

“If you want to talk about today’s game, we were awful,” Konerko said. “I just don’t like narrating the season as we go."

“You have these games once in a while, and if it happens in the middle of August, it probably gets lost. We just need to limit these type of games."

I don't know about you guys but I certainly would notice a pathetic 3 game sweep to the Royals no matter what month it happened in. Perhaps it's more ridiculous coming from the mouth of one of our series goats. I understand he acts a team spokesman but it sounds alot like the s*** he was telling us last year when we started our 4 month slump in May/June 2002. Maybe he should start playing with half the enthusiasm with which he speaks.

Guest hotsoxchick1
“If you want to talk about today’s game, we were awful,” Konerko said. “I just don’t like narrating the season as we go."

“You have these games once in a while, and if it happens in the middle of August, it probably gets lost. We just need to limit these type of games."

I don't know about you guys but I certainly would notice a pathetic 3 game sweep to the Royals no matter what month it happened in. Perhaps it's more ridiculous coming from the mouth of one of our series goats. I understand he acts a team spokesman but it sounds alot like the s*** he was telling us last year when we started our 4 month slump in May/June 2002. Maybe he should start playing with half the enthusiasm with which he speaks.

paulie better take a dose of shut the hell up......he was one of the reasons we stunk up the field today as well as the batters box............if you dont notice a sweep from kc then you see the world through stevie wonders eyes..........there is no justification for s***ty ball playing and thats what they did this series is just play like crap...............

paulie better take a dose of shut the hell up......he was one of the reasons we stunk up the field today as well as the batters box............if you dont notice a sweep from kc then you see the world through stevie wonders eyes..........there is no justification for s***ty ball playing and thats what they did this series is just play like crap...............

I dont like players talking to the press at anytime. there job is to play. let the managers do the media stuff.

I just don’t like narrating the season as we go."

WTF? the dose of "shutthef***up" indeed, HSC, lol

When Valentin makes comments about the Twins, he is showing leadership and is being realistic without being disruptive or destructive. Perfectionist Paulie makes commments that are petty, back-handed and annoying for the most part, serving no purpose whatsoever other than trolling for spotlight and being all catharsis-y and stuff. He is not a leader on the field and he sure as hell can't do if off of it. Leave it to Maggs and Val.

To be frank (npi), right now I am irritated with everything Konerko: from his ugly, beady-eyed pointy face to his pathetic slumpy-shouldered walk to the dugout to him getting thrown out by HALF the friggin' 1st base line on every grounder...If he finishes the season with 950 OPS I might have a change if heart, though :)

PK defense in series makes Frank look good at 1st, and that is hard to do

I was under the impression I was in the minority in the last 3 years in thinking that PK's defense is not in fact "above average". Glad I am not alone, though I would have rather been proven wrong this first series by Paulie fielding like David Sequi than to vbe in position to say "I told you so".

Error totals are bogus and so are official scorers. Konerko should have had 3 errors (or as I refer to them, PTSHBMBWs or "plays that should have been made but werent"s).

I was under the impression I was in the minority in the last 3 years in thinking that PK's defense is not in fact "above average".

I was under the misimpression that he was good at defense since about 2000. I think this started with him turning that 3-6-3 double play. We allowed quite a few baserunners that year and PK and Jose were turning that 3-6-3 like nobody's business. Well I guess that is where it started because Hawk would comment about it and say it was rare to have a 1B that talented at the play.

Therefore the past 3 years I have been oblivious to PK's pathetic range and mediocre glove skills even though I always knew he was slow on the basepaths.

For what it matters....we got swept by Cleveland last year after they had sold away the entire team(without Colon, Shuey, and whoever else they traded). That team was just as bad as the Royals team is now.

The Royals, IMO, might be a 70-75 win team....nothing great....but nothing too terribly bad either. They seem to have some good young pitching over there....and with a former veteran catcher as manager, he knows how to handle pitchers as well as anyone. That's probably another reason they run a lot....because he was a catcher and had an arm as good as anyone....and knows when and when not to run....etc...or so I'm assuming.

Then again....that may just be because they made us look like high school hitters against them....who the hell knows.

Therefore the past 3 years I have been oblivious to PK's pathetic range and mediocre glove skills even though I always knew he was slow on the basepaths.

Don't get me wrong- Konerko's throwing is indeed above average something that becomes apparent after he turns a few nifty DP's...but I already factored it in in my assessment (PK is below-average filder all things considered); otherwise if he had Thomas's throwing arm AND was a no-range, no-bend, unrealible glove he so clearly is, he would be one of the worst 1st baseme in the majors. And it's not such a stretch for a slow runner to be an excellent fielder- look at Ventura, look at Rolen, Palmeiro, Segui, Snow, Grace, etc.