White Sox and Iguchi far apart in Negotiations

Sanjay2000

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(quickman @ Jan 6, 2005 -> 06:57 PM)
The score is reporting that the japanese players rep wants an extra million over two years. that came on the update about 10 minutes ago. They want an immendiate response because the shaun Green deal fell through. Therefore the AJ thing with the Dodgers is back on.

who wants an immediate response? The sox?

QUOTE(quickman @ Jan 6, 2005 -> 06:57 PM)
The score is reporting that the japanese players rep wants an extra million over two years. that came on the update about 10 minutes ago. They want an immendiate response because the shaun Green deal fell through. Therefore the AJ thing with the Dodgers is back on.

Wow, there hasn't been anything positive on either fronts lately... Sox may not get either of these guys

QUOTE(quickman @ Jan 6, 2005 -> 01:57 PM)

So what does the Shawn Green deal falling through do to the Loaiza to the Dodgers scenario? Is that nixed now too?

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jan 6, 2005 -> 07:00 PM)
So what does the Shawn Green deal falling through do to the Loaiza to the Dodgers scenario?  Is that nixed now too?

Not sure what the Green deal being nixed does... I think the Dodgers would want to move him before adding any payroll, especially with Drew's contract now on the books. They may and try to deal him to one of the losers in the Beltran sweepstakes (he would be more attractive than Sosa since this is the last year of his deal and dodgers are willing to eat 8 of 16 million)

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jan 6, 2005 -> 07:00 PM)
So what does the Shawn Green deal falling through do to the Loaiza to the Dodgers scenario?  Is that nixed now too?

No loizia has nothing to do with any of this. the point is the green deal would have brought the young catcher from the yanks. Now thats off. Now they will look closer at AJ. hope that makes sense.

Anyone that doesn't think that the million dollars given to Timo wouldnt be helpful for the Sox right now is naive. We all know that the Sox are concerned with every little penny they spend. If we miss out on a starting catcher or a starting 2b because we spent too much on a reserve outfielder that we didn't even need, then I will lose even more respect for KW and JR.

its called since arizona isnt coming close to contract extension. Means dodgers will not get the propsct catcher they want. Meaning Aj will be on their sites and if iguchi and his agents dont give him answer probably by tommrrow kenny will take money he offered and iguchi and give it aj.

Anyone that doesn't think that the million dollars given to Timo wouldnt be helpful for the Sox right now is naive.  We all know that the Sox are concerned with every little penny they spend.  If we miss out on a starting catcher or a starting 2b because we spent too much on a reserve outfielder that we didn't even need, then I will lose even more respect for KW and JR.

You actually have respect for KW.. Why?

QUOTE(fathom @ Jan 6, 2005 -> 07:06 PM)
Anyone that doesn't think that the million dollars given to Timo wouldnt be helpful for the Sox right now is naive.  We all know that the Sox are concerned with every little penny they spend.  If we miss out on a starting catcher or a starting 2b because we spent too much on a reserve outfielder that we didn't even need, then I will lose even more respect for KW and JR.

Does Timo have a restraining order out on you?! If he doesn't he damn well should

I hope I can be more clear. The Sox want an immediate response from the jap players Rep. they need to know asap so they can turn there attention to signing AJ and another player. The Sox apparently were in the drivers seat with AJ because the Dodgers were hoping to get the Catcher from the Yanks for the green deal. That deal is now off. Therefore, specualtion says the dodgers might return to the AJ deal. The whitesox need to know there payroll now in order to stay in the game.

hope this makes sense. if not who cares, it will play out.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jan 6, 2005 -> 01:06 PM)

WEe have the money to spend to get both of them. I am sure you knwo that i also think timo is overpaid. But in this case it does not affect us signing either pierz or iguchi.

It has nothing to do with Depodesta that Green nixed the deal.

I'm a little lost. Obviously this would indicate the Sox are playing hard ball with his agent. Personally I'd say screw it, 300K isn't much just get it done. If its a mill each year thats another story.

So the Sox want him to decide quickly so they then know there cap situation for Pyrz? That would be my guess. Maybe Kenny wants both and is pretty much maxed out budget wise (we don't know what JR is telling him) and doesn't have any leeway if he plans on getting both.

He could end up losing out on both. We'll just have to wait and see. Pyrz is priority number 1 in my book, doesn't mean he is in the Sox book though.

QUOTE(chisox2334 @ Jan 6, 2005 -> 07:07 PM)
its called since arizona isnt coming close to contract extension. Means dodgers will not get the propsct catcher they want. Meaning Aj will be on their sites and if iguchi and his agents dont give him answer probably by tommrrow kenny will take money he offered and iguchi and give it aj.

Ding Ding ding, you win. thank you

QUOTE(chisox2334 @ Jan 6, 2005 -> 11:07 AM)

The question is whether they have the money for Pyrz. They being the Dodgers. We'll have to see, but I think we'll know by Friday, which is what I've been saying for a while.

I'm just going to hope for it to happen, but expect nothing.

QUOTE(quickman @ Jan 6, 2005 -> 07:08 PM)
I hope I can be more clear. The Sox want an immediate response from the jap players Rep. they need to know asap so they can turn there attention to signing AJ and another player. The Sox apparently were in the drivers seat with AJ because the Dodgers were hoping to get the Catcher from the Yanks for the green deal. That deal is now off. Therefore, specualtion says the dodgers might return to the AJ deal. The whitesox need to know there payroll now in order to stay in the game.

hope this makes sense. if not who cares, it will play out.

thank you. I still think AJ going to LA doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Him staying in a league he's not familiar with, having to play SF 19 times. AJ needs to build up his value, by having short term success, and keeping quiet. I just don't think LA would be a good fit for AJ to do this

QUOTE(fathom @ Jan 6, 2005 -> 01:06 PM)

No. The sox have the money to give him and they're still a considerable amount under the budget. At this point Kenny might be making sure he's not bidding against himself, once again this is negotiating the agent wants one thing the gm wants another, honestly I don't think the sox have another mlb team to worry about in this, I think Iguchi goes to the sox or stays in Japan.