Chicago Tribune

The Beast

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you mean we will go as high as 5 million per year?  We are already above 3 million per.

No, by all accounts we are no higher than $2M per year. Levine is saying the Sox might go up to $3M per year on a two year deal, total value $6M. Sox will not give Iguchi a 3 year guaranteed contract.

They're still negotiating and until they're not, there is reason to believe this could happen.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jan 7, 2005 -> 05:29 PM)
No, by all accounts we are no higher than $2M per year.  Levine is saying the Sox might go up to $3M per year on a two year deal, total value $6M.  Sox will not give Iguchi a 3 year guaranteed contract.

They're still negotiating and until they're not, there is reason to believe this could happen.

AM i having a problem being clear?

i didn't say I beleived him, I am just reporting what he said. Get  with the program.

Well don't keep it in the dark then, step out and tell us what you believe. Do you believe Levine or do you have another theory?

My theory is, they're negotiating. Whenever there is this much buzz and so many conflicting numbers, it means heavy negotiations, as well as various structured proposals being bandied around.

QUOTE(chisox2334 @ Jan 7, 2005 -> 05:33 PM)
I say look for another 2b. I told ya it either be putting money to aj or putting more money for iguchi. We got aj so everyone should be happy

I do not believe it was one or the other. if we didn't get Aj that does not mean we would give 5 million for a 2b whom the whitesox have never seen in person or have scouted. Levine said all they have seen of him is what is on tape. They never scouted him. I think this guy will have a problem getting what he wants. I still think we will get him

QUOTE(JimH @ Jan 7, 2005 -> 05:35 PM)
Well don't keep it in the dark then, step out and tell us what you believe.  Do you believe Levine or do you have another theory?

My theory is, they're negotiating.  Whenever there is this much buzz and so many conflicting numbers, it means heavy negotiations, as well as various structured proposals being bandied around.

See my comment to Chisox, also view my other 50 comments yesterday. I will stick to what I said. You are the other hand are an expert copywriter and plagerizer.

Levine said all they have seen of him is what is on tape. They never scouted him.

Is this not a red flag?

I say yes.

Also, why don't the Sox have a full time guy in the Pacific Rim? My understanding is they have Man Soo Lee do a little de facto scouting by relying on some contacts he has. That's still second hand info.

If you're looking to add talent from the Far East, put a full time scout over there for chrissakes. If they have one and I missed it, my apologies.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jan 7, 2005 -> 05:38 PM)
Is this not a red flag?

I say yes.

Also, why don't the Sox have a full time guy in the Pacific Rim?  My understanding is they have Man Soo Lee do a little de facto scouting by relying on some contacts he has.  That's still second hand info.

If you're looking to add talent from the Far East, put a full time scout over there for chrissakes.  If they have one and I missed it, my apologies.

because they are the 500 whitesox and don't want to pay for people. that's why.

See my comment to Chisox, also view my other 50 comments yesterday. I will stick to what I said. You are the other hand are an expert copywriter and plagerizer.

I was referring specifically to the Levine comment, I have no interest in going back through anyone's posts, I have you on ignore as you recall.

You are an expert speller ... "plagiarize".

Don't I wish I were an expert copywriter, I'd be a multi millionaire. Unfortunately, still perfecting the skill.

How long was the workout ... 8 minutes? Or did you see a Hot Mom, get scared, and run? :P

because they are the 500 whitesox and don't want to pay for people. that's why.

Can't disagree, and it is stupid plain and simple.

If people want something to b**** at KW and company at SoxFest, here's a good topic.

Cubs have a full time guy over there, why not the White Sox?

QUOTE(JimH @ Jan 7, 2005 -> 05:42 PM)
I was referring specifically to the Levine comment, I have no interest in going back through anyone's posts, I have you on ignore as you recall.

You are an expert speller ... "plagiarize".

Don't I wish I were an expert copywriter, I'd be a multi millionaire.  Unfortunately, still perfecting the skill.

How long was the workout ... 8 minutes?  Or did you see a Hot Mom, get scared, and run?  :P

Please, The workout went great thanks for asking, how is the copying, I mean Cheating, I mean copywriting, spellchecking?

The NYY & BOS references make no sense. I think they threw that out there before the Renteria & Womack signings by both teams.

The only other team that makes sense is SEA. Not so much because of need but because of Ichiro. If this guy can play he would be worth far more to SEA than the CWS. It could be his agent is trying to push SEA into a 6M/2.

I can't see any team with $ to spend willing to offer 20M/3 yr.

I'm encouraged that he's left the door open to creative contract construction. That's what the NYY did with RJ for cap considerations.

Essentially taking a 3 yr deal & reconstructing for a 6 yr payout so they

could fit him in 2005 at 10M. This was smart because the current labor agreement ends in 2007 & the tax threshold increases with each passing yr.

So maybe the CWS could offer a 4M/2yr base + bonus incentives that would lead to an addition 2M/2yr & an option year at 6M provided he reaches as least 1/2 the bonus incentives. Assuming he met the incentives that would pay him nearly double what he made in Japan plus

the security of a 3 yr commitment.

Please, The workout went great thanks for asking, how is the copying, I mean Cheating, I mean copywriting, spellchecking?

Good thing I don't copy your writing, that's all I can say. What's next, dinner at the Ded Roor?

Signed up for stadium club, stuck it under my partners name. its done, what a rip off.

Funny we don't hear one peep about Alex Cora, via Chicago media or any other sources. Maybe it's because he's a Boras client?

Where would Cora go? Tampa Bay?

I'm getting sick & tired of seeing non-topic stuff pop up in talent acquistion threads. You've been reported. If you are going to spar with one another then you should at least include something in your post RELATED to the thread TOPIC!

Iguchi's agent needs to take a serious look at the players getting 1-3M/yr deals this off-season. What he also needs to think about is whether other GM's still Kaz's value at 20M+/3. I doubt it. Most of them probably see him in the 1-3M range. He's been a big dissapoinment.

I'm getting sick & tired of seeing this baby bulls*** pop up in talent acquistion threads.  You've been reported.  If you are going to spar with one another

then you damn well better include something in your post RELATED to the thread TOPIC!

:crying :crying :crying :crying :crying

STFU pal.

We add more to this board than you ever have. Report this.

What did your post have to do with the topic? Go post some more fantasy lineups.

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Jan 7, 2005 -> 05:54 PM)
I'm getting sick & tired of seeing this baby bulls*** pop up in talent acquistion threads.  You've been reported.  If you are going to spar with one another

then you damn well better include something in your post RELATED to the thread TOPIC!

Well thank you very much for staying on the topic. I appreciate the email as well. i am looking forward to getting thrown off the board for my inside comments to Jim on an update which I provided. Furthermore, it happens all the time on the board. People change subjects constantly moving in and out of the thread. Quite frankly I do not care if you like it or not. Don't post to it, don't read my comments, in fact stay completely away from my comments. To stay on the subject of whitesox baseball. I still think we will get ignuchi. Report that.

To stay on the subject of whitesox baseball. I still think we will get ignuchi. Report that.

I agree. Report that, too.

BTW, TQ, it's "Iguchi", not "Ignuchi" :D :P :bang (sorry if the last line is only borderline about talent acquisition)

QUOTE(JimH @ Jan 7, 2005 -> 06:03 PM)
I agree.  Report that, too.

BTW, TQ, it's "Iguchi", not "Ignuchi"  :D  :P  :bang (sorry if the last line is only borderline about talent acquisition)

Whatever I have zero understanding of the japanese spellings. by the way did I tell you we will still get him. Iguchi right?

Whatever I have zero understanding of the japanese spellings. by the way did I tell you we will still get him. Iguchi right?

Yes, it's:

L-E-V-I-N-E

I-G-U-C-H-I

and,

Y-O-U A-R-E R-E-P-O-R-T-E-D

:finger