Dougy M works to burn his bridges in Boston

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jan 8, 2005 -> 02:23 PM)
I think it's his ball and he can keep it if he wants.

Just my two cents.

IMO, I believe it belongs to the team. I don't think Mientkiewicz won the whole World Series by himself. It's not like he even helped that much, anyway.

It doesnt matter what they do with it, it doesnt belong to him just because he got it last.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jan 8, 2005 -> 02:23 PM)
I think it's his ball and he can keep it if he wants.

Just my two cents.

I'm with aboz on this one. Also how is it the red sox ball, the game was played at busch stadium, the cardinals provided the ball not the red sox. This is doug's ball not boston's.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jan 8, 2005 -> 03:51 PM)
I'm with aboz on this one.  Also how is it the red sox ball, the game was played at busch stadium, the cardinals provided the ball not the red sox ball.  This is doug's ball not boston's.

I would do the same thing if I was him.

They act as if they are entitled to the ball.

Either pay up or f*** off.

The Red Sox owners and fans weren't on the field to catch the ball. He was. Therefore, if anyone actually owns it, it's Mienkiewicz.

And why is this coming out 3 months after the season ended? If it was that important, they should have sought it immediately, not now.

I think he said the negotiations will begin with 4 years of school for one of his kids at Florida State.

Kudos to Doug for not just handing it over.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jan 8, 2005 -> 03:07 PM)

The Red Sox owners and fans weren't on the field to catch the ball.  He was.  Therefore, if anyone actually owns it, it's Mienkiewicz.

And why is this coming out 3 months after the season ended?  If it was that important, they should have sought it immediately, not now.

I think he said the negotiations will begin with 4 years of school for one of his kids at Florida State.

Definitely. Doug caught the ball the redsox weren't the providers of the ball therefore if the cardinals don't want it(why would they) it's doug's ball, period.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jan 8, 2005 -> 03:07 PM)

The Red Sox owners and fans weren't on the field to catch the ball.  He was.  Therefore, if anyone actually owns it, it's Mienkiewicz.

And why is this coming out 3 months after the season ended?  If it was that important, they should have sought it immediately, not now.

I think your off on this one, Baseball is a team sport, and Doug spent all of 3 months on the team.

Its not his ball....hes not some fan who caught a HR ball, he is the firstbaseman on the team, if I was a BoSox fan and he pulled something like that.... id boo his ass.

How many of you would honestly just give the ball back to the Red Sox if you were in his position? It would be a tough call. I would probably want something for it from the Red Sox. It's just too valuable to just give up for nothing at all. It's not like he has been with the organization for a long time and feels comitted to them. If it was the Twins in that position, I bet we would give them the ball because he was given the chance to play ball from them and came all the way through their system.

The reason this was a complete non-issue up until the past couple of days? It's easy Dan Shaunessy is the worst thing to happen to the Boston Globe, ever.

He single handedly created what once was the curse, and now without having a damn thing to write about he has to stir more lame controversy.

Unbelievable.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Jan 9, 2005 -> 03:17 AM)
The reason this was a complete non-issue up until the past couple of days?  It's easy Dan Shaunessy is the worst thing to happen to the Boston Globe, ever.

He single handedly created what once was the curse, and now without having a damn thing to write about he has to stir more lame controversy.

Unbelievable.

Boston's version of jay mariotti?