Best Song You've Heard In A While Thread

sox4lifeinPA

http://www.thewebs***e.net/nickelback.htm :D

Other than that, lately I have been on a kick of Dave Grisman. I have really fallen for the Gypsy stuff as of late, and the way he mixes it with other styles is really amazing.

http://www.dawgnet.com/dgq_splash.html Check out the "Dawg Tracks".

But no one song has caught my ear. I never listen to the music on the radio though, and I never, ever, watch any video channels for more than a few minutes at a time.

But for some reason that damn "These Dreams" song by Heart keeps getting stuck in my head. I am getting ready for somebody to start playing "We Built This City" by Starship to just complete my duration through Hell.

"Alive" or "Solitude"(featuring Darius Rucker from Hootie and the Blowfish) by Edwin McCain are a bit old (mid 90's) but are still stuck in my head. This is a kind of alternative rock, I suggest you guys listen to some of his other songs too.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jan 7, 2005 -> 05:24 PM)
The songs that have my toes a-tappin' lately ( they're not really new songs, but might be new to some of you ) are:

The Killers - Mr. Brightside

vid for that song was on my 'my yahoo!' page. watched it and it has been in my head since...

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Jan 7, 2005 -> 12:40 PM)

Wherever did you find that link? :P

As for me I just rekindled my love affair with God Forbid's "Gone Forever" album. But if you want a specific song of that album, it would be "Judge the Blood". What a f***ing way to end an album :headbang

QUOTE(Cali @ Jan 7, 2005 -> 08:15 PM)
Wherever did you find that link?  :P

Some fine young person on a message board for the next World Series champions posted the link originally! The world needs more fine upstanding folk like that one who did the great service to all by posting such a link!

As for songs that are great new songs and songs stuck in the ol' noodle, thanks to the recommendation of the fine poster named The Critic, I am now enjoying the sweet sounds of The Killers and their song "Mr. Brightside". Dang fine tune.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Jan 7, 2005 -> 08:31 PM)
Some fine young person on a message board for the next World Series champions posted the link originally! The world needs more fine upstanding folk like that one who did the great service to all by posting such a link!

As for songs that are great new songs and songs stuck in the ol' noodle, thanks to the recommendation of the fine poster named The Critic, I am now enjoying the sweet sounds of The Killers and their song "Mr. Brightside". Dang fine tune.

Awwww, it was nothin'.... ;)

We ain't even CLOSE to even though - I have a LONG way to go to even up for you giving me the Riverboat Gamblers and Honeycrack's "Prozaic". Those discs still won't get the hell out of my player! :headbang

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jan 7, 2005 -> 08:54 PM)
Awwww, it was nothin'.... ;)

We ain't even CLOSE to even though - I have a LONG way to go to even up for you giving me the Riverboat Gamblers and Honeycrack's "Prozaic". Those discs still won't get the hell out of my player! :headbang

Next Saturday you will get the first Riverboat Gamblers. Just got it the other night. Almost as good as the other one, IMO. Larry on the other hand thinks it just as good, if not better. I'm still trying to get the new one. :headbang

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Jan 8, 2005 -> 07:19 AM)
anyone that's seen Garden State would remember Frau Frau's "Let Go"

big fan of that song right now....

That song was really in my head when the Garden State Trailers started coming out on the net. And so was Love Will Come Through by Travis which was also on it.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Jan 7, 2005 -> 08:56 PM)
Next Saturday you will get the first Riverboat Gamblers. Just got it the other night. Almost as good as the other one, IMO. Larry on the other hand thinks it just as good, if not better. I'm still trying to get the new one.  :headbang

Hey, have you heard "Ichor" by The Black League?

It's metal in the vein of Entombed. Pretty good stuff.

If you want I can burn you a copy - let me know.

Entombed, by the way, is supposedly playing Joe's Bar next month. I found that interesting, since they usually host MUCH lighter music.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jan 7, 2005 -> 09:31 PM)
Hey, have you heard "Ichor" by The Black League?

It's metal in the vein of Entombed. Pretty good stuff.

If you want I can burn you a copy - let me know.

Entombed, by the way, is supposedly playing Joe's Bar next month. I found that interesting, since they usually host MUCH lighter music.

Have not heard them, would be interested.

What, you think Entombed isn't "Light Rock"? Hmmm, not so sure about that, I could see them doing a few Air Supply covers. :D

...actually...that might be kind of cool.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Jan 7, 2005 -> 02:19 PM)
anyone that's seen Garden State would remember Frau Frau's "Let Go"

big fan of that song right now....

Big props to you for digging that song.... its so f***ing calming to me after a long day of class....

I dig that you like that song... im not gonna lie...NOT gonna lie.