Best Song You've Heard In A While Thread

sox4lifeinPA

QUOTE(winodj @ Jan 8, 2005 -> 12:42 PM)
I'm always impressed by the number of people in this board who have very good alt rock, indiekid sensibilities. I always find a couple songs or bands I've never heard of and that are really good here.

I personally hate 90% of classic rock and about 98.75% of everything played on Chicago radio, so I'm always scouring the Internet for new and interesting bands.

It's a lot tougher since I stopped using p2p programs, but there are plenty of places to get a song or two here and there, and then search out the band's websites for more info on them.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jan 8, 2005 -> 03:12 PM)
Toby Keith -- "How Do You Like Me Now?"

Worst joke ever.

I'm listening to a band out of England called 65daysofstatic. Jesus, nothing like post-rock infused with glitch to make music amazing.

65daysofstatic - I Swallowed Hard, Like I Understood

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jan 8, 2005 -> 03:48 PM)
I saw the flash animation for it that was mentioned on here....it's damn catchy..... :bang

LOL!!! IT IS THE RAFFI SONG!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! My daughter LOVED that dang song forever! LOL!!! YOu guys have RAFFI stuck in your heads!

Seriously, check out "Joshua Giraffe" and "All That I Need", by Raffi, both of those songs are actually quite brilliant.

QUOTE(CubKilla @ Jan 8, 2005 -> 09:13 AM)
There is a song played late on 94.7 by a group called "Lamb of God" that just f***ing shreds although I don't know the title. Everytime I hear this song, it's a must crank up the volume type tune  :headbang :headbang :headbang

They are one of the top metal acts out there, it's about damn time you heard of them.

I'm sure the track you're hearing is either "The Faded Line" or "Laid to Rest" off of the album Ashes of the Wake. They have 3 albums that are all heavy as hell, I suggest you get them :P

Hmm, a few of my current favorites are as follows:

"Sympathetic" by Seether

"Out of My Way" by Seether

"Somewhere Only We Know" by Keane

and as much as I dislike the guy, I really like his cover of

"Personal Jesus" by Marilyn Manson

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Jan 10, 2005 -> 01:11 AM)
...and as much as I dislike the guy, I really like his cover of

"Personal Jesus" by Marilyn Manson

I didn't think his version was different enough from Depeche Mode's, except for the "Beautiful People" drumming in there.

I like when a band takes a cover song and makes it their own. That's what keeps it interesting for me.

Like Local H did with their cover of Britney Spears' "Toxic"....