Favorite Current Sox Player

Texsox

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly believe that Jermaine Dye and AJ Pierzynski are going to come in here and become fan favorites instantly.

More people should know that Dye turned down more money to keep a hand-shake deal with Kenny. He's one of only a few people (I could be wrong about that) in the majors who would do that...

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jan 8, 2005 -> 11:43 AM)
It's harder to find a 25 year old shortstop who can bat .285 and hit you 25 homeruns that also has the potential to be a gold glove shortstop.  If aaron hits the way he did last year he'll be locked up midseason.

That may be true, but i believe he should have been signed during the year or next off-season.

QUOTE(Credepopsup @ Jan 9, 2005 -> 07:44 AM)
Buehrle's my favorite player. If I had to choose an everyday player then Aaron Rowand would get my vote. I'll be rooting for Crede this year too, I think it's a big season for him.

Credepopsup, your user name reminded me of something I heard on SportsCenter the other night about Wade Boggs. One season (I can't remember what year), Wade only hit 5 infield popups ALL season long, and only 1 of those was in fair territory. I think Crede hits 5 infield popups each series. :lol:

QUOTE(lvjeremylv @ Jan 9, 2005 -> 09:54 AM)
Credepopsup, your user name reminded me of something I heard on SportsCenter the other night about Wade Boggs.  One season (I can't remember what year), Wade only hit 5 infield popups ALL season long, and only 1 of those was in fair territory.  I think Crede hits 5 infield popups each series. :lol:

:D I'm hoping that username becomes redundant next year, when Joe "the toaster" Crede stops popping up so much.

It's harder to find a 25 year old shortstop who can bat .285 and hit you 25 homeruns that also has the potential to be a gold glove shortstop.  If aaron hits the way he did last year he'll be locked up midseason.

No we had an older version of that in Jose, I am going with jeckle on this.. Uribe, had one good year, and they sign him long term .. but only after KW failed to ink Omar Vizquel. As if KW needed to make Uribe happy. Rowand is one of the few that have come up through our system that is going to be a stud, you have to pay the man.

to answer the question at hand..

Rowand hands down, home grown stud... :headbang

I love alot of White Sox players. Aaron Rowand has been my favorite player since before he had such a good year last year. Early in the season last year there were few A-Row fans & now Aaron has tons of them.

Aaron just needed a little more experience at the plate at the major league level.

His batting style is the awesomest. Best hustler to 1st base on the team. I think Aaron has a great attitude as does Mark Buehrle(one of my favorite pitchers along with Cotts, Garland & Shingo). Can't wait to see how El Duque does.

Here I go, I just don't know where to stop after awhile. I loved Carlos Lee when not too many fans cared for him. Carlos improved greatly so now he's gone. It really hurts me to lose my favorite players. Somehow I get over it mostly & wish for them the best except when they play against us. That $MONEY$ thangy keeps gettin' in the way.

GO SOX!!!! I LOVE THESE GUYS!!!!

:bringit twinkies & tiggers :finger take that Damn Yankees & Tribe

I'm ready for some BASEBALL!!!!

QUOTE(lvjeremylv @ Jan 8, 2005 -> 03:56 PM)
Frank not favorite material? :nono

Been my favorite since 1993 and it'll never change. :wub:

i would have to second that motion

any time frank hits and im able to see the game, i get a little glimps of my youthful excited reinovated imedatly. =D

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Jan 10, 2005 -> 05:17 AM)
No we had an older version of that in Jose,  I am going with jeckle on this.. Uribe, had one good year, and they sign him long term .. but only after KW failed to ink Omar Vizquel. As if KW needed to make Uribe happy.  Rowand is one of the few that have come up through our system that is going to be a stud, you have to pay the man.

to answer the question at hand..

Rowand hands down, home grown stud...  :headbang

Jose Valentin an older version of Uribe. Ok lets see, the guy hit .216 and had an OBP of .287. Plus he was more expensive in 2004, and will be again in 2005.