Favorite Current Sox Player

Texsox

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Jan 9, 2005 -> 12:17 PM)
No we had an older version of that in Jose,  I am going with jeckle on this.. Uribe, had one good year, and they sign him long term .. but only after KW failed to ink Omar Vizquel. As if KW needed to make Uribe happy.  Rowand is one of the few that have come up through our system that is going to be a stud, you have to pay the man.

to answer the question at hand..

Rowand hands down, home grown stud...  :headbang

He did not really fail to ''ink'' him. But whatever makes you happy.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 11, 2005 -> 01:37 AM)
I can't believe KW is getting critcized for inking Uribe to that deal.   That could prove to be a major bargain.

I guess the minority against that deal probably have jumped all of the reports that Uribe has gained weight over the winter.

For a comparison, it's likely Jack Wilson of the Pirates will sign a 3 year deal soon, probably with a little more money than Uribe's. I'd put my money on Uribe to outperform him over the length of that deal.

He did not really fail to ''ink'' him. But whatever makes you happy.

Last time I check Omar is a part of the Giants..not the Sox.

KW failed, then to make Uribe feel better inked him to a 3 year deal for a good 2004

Jose Valentin an older version of Uribe. Ok lets see, the guy hit .216 and had an OBP of .287. Plus he was more expensive in 2004, and will be again in 2005.

I was talking about Jose's 2000 numbers then we inked him to a bigger deal only for it to blow up in our faces.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Jan 10, 2005 -> 09:37 AM)
Last time I check Omar is a part of the Giants..not the Sox.

KW failed, then to make Uribe feel better inked him to a 3 year deal for a good 2004

I was talking about Jose's 2000 numbers then we inked him to a bigger deal only for it to blow up in our faces.

If the Giants want to overpay, for an extended period of time, for an old SS. Let them. Signing Uribe was a much smarter move than what SF did with OV. But then, Cabrera's a GOD!

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 10, 2005 -> 11:22 AM)
If the Giants want to overpay, for an extended period of time, for an old SS. Let them.  Signing Uribe was a much smarter move than what SF did with OV.  But then, Cabrera's a GOD!

and had the Sox matched SF's offer or gave Omar even more money, Anthrax would be screaming how KW overpaid for him. :rolly

He likes to have it both ways.

If the Giants want to overpay, for an extended period of time, for an old SS. Let them.  Signing Uribe was a much smarter move than what SF did with OV.  But then, Cabrera's a GOD!

Cabrera is god, as is Uribe and OV..

Your right the Giants did, overpay for OV.. The point was that KW wanted to replace Uribe as SS, failed to do so. Then paniced and Inked a played who had one decent year, hitting in a hitters park. Yet we are unwilling to pay one of our own?