Catch-All Anything Thread

Texsox

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say let this one keep going/growing. at least through the year. Maybe starting a new CAAT thread each year would be good.

I still read it. A couple of minths back for fun I want back and read the first 20 or so pages one night. Yeah, I sure know how to have fun. :unsure:

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 18, 2006 -> 12:39 PM)
With over 4000 posts it has gotten a little long and can take longer to load.

To be honest it was just an idea...

nah, leave it like it is.

it's really the first thread i check everytime i come to this forum.

My son woke up last night at about 2am and wouldnt go to sleep. So we of course did the weak thing and brought him into bed with us last night. So we could get some sleep. He woke up then about 6am, and my wife went to work. For whatever reason, based on not really sleeping, I thought it was saturday. And proceeded to go on my saturday routine with my son. Making him a pancake breakfast, etc. That was until my mother in law came in the front door. I asked her what are you doing here. Then I realized, oh s*** got to get ready for work. My dad is right, kids make you crazy. Now how the hell did I mess up Wednesday and substitute Saturday with it. Selective memory I guess. At least I wasnt late for work.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 10:59 AM)
My son woke up last night at about 2am and wouldnt go to sleep. So we of course did the weak thing and brought him into bed with us last night. So we could get some sleep. He woke up then about 6am, and my wife went to work. For whatever reason, based on not really sleeping, I thought it was saturday. And proceeded to go on my saturday routine with my son. Making him a pancake breakfast, etc. That was until my mother in law came in the front door. I asked her what are you doing here. Then I realized, oh s*** got to get ready for work. My dad is right, kids make you crazy. Now how the hell did I mess up Wednesday and substitute Saturday with it. Selective memory I guess. At least I wasnt late for work.

That's pretty good. Maybe the win last night put you in weekend mode. :)

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 09:59 AM)

That story made me laugh. :)

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 02:58 PM)
:bang You gotta love it when it is illegal to talk on a celluar handset in your car, and you see a cop talking on her cellphone while driving in her squad car.

The rules do not apply to cops. :ph34r:

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 03:00 PM)
The rules do not apply to cops. :ph34r:
duh. they can go through lights and drive the wrong way on one way streets too. oh and carry guns.

seriously, it's not as if they enforce the cellphone while driving ban.

QUOTE(sti3 @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 03:02 PM)
duh. they can go through lights and drive the wrong way on one way streets too. oh and carry guns.

seriously, it's not as if they enforce the cellphone while driving ban.

I'm sure her phonecall was work-related.

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 10:51 AM)
fyi...Getting sideswiped on I294 by a driver who lost control of his car because he slammed on his brakes is not fun.

Yikes! Are you (and any passengers) okay?

QUOTE(Soxy @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 09:53 AM)
Yikes! Are you (and any passengers) okay?

Yea I'm fine. The door just got dented in so besides being a little sore when I woke up i'm fine. Luckily traffic was slowing ahead so I was already on my brakes. I was in the middle lane and this car comes flying past me in the left lane. He then notices that he has to stop so he slams on his brakes, locks them up and the car makes a direct right hand turn into my lane and hits my left front door, side panel, bumper, basically the entire left front of my car is jacked up. I got over as far as I could but there was a semi in the third lane so I was boxed in.

So, the Doctor my fiancee goes to yesterday tells her that she needs to get a CAT scan, wait 3 hours, then set another appointment to see that same doctor. She sets the CAT scan appointment this morning, calls the doctor back to ask for another appointment, and the Doctor's office won't give one to her that day. She asks for a later day, and still can't get an appointment. She's now pissed at me because I can't tell her what she should do.

God I hate our health care system so much.