Catch-All Anything Thread

Texsox

It was an experience like today's that really makes me hate going for my cleanings. Yes, I have braces and have had them for almost two and a half years and will have them for at least another 6 months, nothing I can do about it and it isn't like I just love having pieces of metal stuck to my teeth poking me in the cheeks. I do floss, albeit not very well, but hell whenever the hygenist tries to floss for me, she breaks the floss and can barely do it so obviously if she can't and I am at least trying, it is the best as can be expected at this time. And why is it that the hygenist gets disappointed when you tell her that (after the fact) your gums do not hurt?! You would think they would the way she was poking and scratching them with the scapel-wanna-be thing she was using to clean my gum line.

Hopefully when I go in February for my next cleaning I will have an estimated time of removal for the braces...but I am not holding my breath on that :( .

As a treat to make me feel better, I went and took 4 books out of the library.

Edited by Queen Prawn

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 07:02 PM)
As a treat to make me feel better, I went and took 4 books out of the library.

You know, if you register with them, you don't have to take them. You can check them out with a novel policy invented some time ago. :P

What do you guys think the standard grieving time (in general) would be for the death of a dog that you were very attached to and had for 5 years would be? Just a basic estimation.

At what point should a person be able to move on and accept a new dog into their life? I know all people and situations are different but what do you people think your or the average time would be?

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 04:01 PM)
What do you guys think the standard grieving time (in general) would be for the death of a dog that you were very attached to and had for 5 years would be? Just a basic estimation.

At what point should a person be able to move on and accept a new dog into their life? I know all people and situations are different but what do you people think your or the average time would be?

I don't there really is a "standard" time you can put on those things. Our cat passed away about 2 months back, and we still haven't really gotten over it, I still have a photo of him on my desk at work.

These things are always really hard though because the pet is really an important member of the family.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 01:01 AM)

Depends a lot on the family and their dynamic. For some families a pet is another kid, for others its an accessory.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 01:01 AM)

I had my dog for 10 years before we had to put him to sleep. That was so hard for me. Took months for me to get over it.

QUOTE(Soxy @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 11:08 AM)
I really need new friends.

Don't we all.

Making good friends is something that a person just can't set out to do. It happens best when you aren't looking. Having said that, I'll bet these are a couple people who would like to be a friend, who you don't "see" everyday. Like everyone, you probably walk right past them.

How about a soxtalk be a friend day? Tomorrow let's all try and be a friend and see what happens.

This sucks. We just received word that a coworker is dying (as any time now). He was such a cool dude. When he came back after a prolonged medical leave, he said knew he didn't think he had a lot time left and every day was pretty much a gift. His doctors had told him he had weeks left and there he was several months later coming into work for a few hours here and there.

Reading the email that was sent about his current condition reminds me too much of what happened with Brian's dad (except that with my coworker it was cancer and with Brian's dad, it was a stroke).

Anyone have a deodorant/anti-perspirant recommendation? I've been using Degree spray for years but lately I've been sweating like I'm not even wearing it. I don't know if there's such a thing as building a tolerance to anti-perspirant but it's pretty bad.

I had an interview today. I was wearing a t-shirt under a long sleeve button up (so not too much clothing). It lasted about 30-40 minutes and I wasn't very nervous but I had these enormous sweat rings soaking through both shirts. I could tell it was wet so I didn't raise my arms at all (thus neglecting my standard end-of-the-interview hug) but still, it had the potential for embarrassment. I'm really into spray deodorants as the roll-on varieties feel gross and sticky. Any suggestions?

QUOTE(maggliopipe @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 05:54 PM)
Anyone have a deodorant/anti-perspirant recommendation? I've been using Degree spray for years but lately I've been sweating like I'm not even wearing it. I don't know if there's such a thing as building a tolerance to anti-perspirant but it's pretty bad.

I had an interview today. I was wearing a t-shirt under a long sleeve button up (so not too much clothing). It lasted about 30-40 minutes and I wasn't very nervous but I had these enormous sweat rings soaking through both shirts. I could tell it was wet so I didn't raise my arms at all (thus neglecting my standard end-of-the-interview hug) but still, it had the potential for embarrassment. I'm really into spray deodorants as the roll-on varieties feel gross and sticky. Any suggestions?

I've used Lady Mitchem and it's excellent. I'm sure the men's version is also quite good.

QUOTE(maggliopipe @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 04:54 PM)

First off, avoid sprays.

I like Arm&Hammer stick, actually.

Anyone actually follow these?

Traditional Anniversary Gifts by Year

First

-Paper

Second

-Cotton

Third

-Leather

Fourth

-Fruit or Flowers

Fifth

-Wood

Sixth

-Candy or Iron

Seventh

-Wool or Copper

Eighth

-Bronze or Pottery

Ninth

-Pottery

Tenth

-Tin

Eleventh

-Steel

Twelfth

-Silk or Linen

Thirteenth

-Lace

Fourteenth

-Ivory

Fifteenth

-Crystal

Twentieth

-China

Twenty-Fifth

-Silver

Thirtieth

-Pearl

Thirty-Fifth

-Coral

Fortieth

-Ruby

Forty-Fifth

-Sapphire

Fiftieth

-Gold

Fifty-Fifth

-Emerald

Sixtieth

-Diamond

QUOTE(Mplssoxfan @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 08:42 PM)
First off, avoid sprays.

I like Arm&Hammer stick, actually.

I wear a white Hanes T shirt under my dress shirts. I have no problem finding good deodarants, the problem is finding one that doesn't put those permanent stains on the pits on my t shirts.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 13, 2006 -> 08:38 AM)
Going to the game today and then the rest of the day will be spent packing because I'm going back to school tomorrow. Man, summer went real quick.

Yeah, I'm not looking forward to the train home after work when the high schools let back in.

Noisy little bastards....

[/grumpy old man crab-assing]

QUOTE(The Critic @ Aug 13, 2006 -> 08:47 AM)
Yeah, I'm not looking forward to the train home after work when the high schools let back in.

Noisy little bastards....

[/grumpy old man crab-assing]

Don't let them kids f*** with you, Pops.

:P

From New Jersey Craigslist

To the woman licking the seat cushion - m4w

I know you saw me looking at you licking the seat cushion today (Thursday) on the Path train. In fact, every one was watching you do this. Were you doing it to turn me on or did it just taste good? If you get this, I'll be waiting at the same place we both got on the train on Friday morning at 5:30 am.