Catch-All Anything Thread

Texsox

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to the hall of fame yesterday, it was pretty cool (although it would have been cooler if I was a Yankee or Red Sox fan. . .). But it was cool to see Pods and Blum's bats from the games as well as Crede's glove. I got a little misty looking at the display and remembering the joy of last year. Unfortunately the Sox "locker" was right next to the Wrong Sox's locker, so I had a hard time getting through the crowds to see it, but that's the way the cookie crumbles. :) Very cool experience, though, seeing the hall.

WTH is the point of a TRI-Annual budget...???

I've killed a small forest in the past 2 days printing up bulls*** reports that really have no use and I still can't figure out why in the hell there is a need for an entire - 500+ page - budget revision EVERY 4 months.

Oye.. :wacko:

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 03:16 PM)
WTH is the point of a TRI-Annual budget...???

I've killed a small forest in the past 2 days printing up bulls*** reports that really have no use and I still can't figure out why in the hell there is a need for an entire - 500+ page - budget revision EVERY 4 months.

Oye.. :wacko:

to justify your big salary? :P

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 03:21 PM)
to justify your big salary? :P

Oh.

Alrighty then...

Kinda sorta related to that... my first week here I only worked 3 days... my check was almost as much as a full pay period over at the B'ins. :ph34r:

So I just read that Jessica Simpson has laryngitis, and can't talk or sing to help promote her new album.

I can't help but think the ailment is actually a ruse, a directive from her handlers who know that there has never been anything remotely intelligent pass that girls lips, and that her silence only enhances the masturbatory fantasies of the men who TIVOed her appearance on TRL.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 03:29 PM)
So I just read that Jessica Simpson has laryngitis, and can't talk or sing to help promote her new album.

I can't help but think the ailment is actually a ruse, a directive from her handlers who know that there has never been anything remotely intelligent pass that girls lips, and that her silence only enhances the masturbatory fantasies of the men who TIVOed her appearance on TRL.

She was on TRL and I missed it? GOSH DERN IT!

I really f***ing hate when we publish something as a "standard" value and the turn around after the customer has designed the part in and decide it is a special.

This bloody day WILL NOT END!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

And thankfully the VP of marketing comes in to save the day and takes care of the customer. Thanks to him!

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 03:27 PM)
I really f***ing hate when we publish something as a "standard" value and the turn around after the customer has designed the part in and decide it is a special.

This bloody day WILL NOT END!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

And thankfully the VP of marketing comes in to save the day and takes care of the customer. Thanks to him!

I always hated that.

The Top 5 Signs You're Dealing With a Real Assclown

5> After charging you $3.79 for a regular black coffee, he looks

forlornly at the tip jar.

4> When you politely reject his offer of fries with that, he

strikes a pose and snips, "Don't hate because I'm a superstar!"

3> "Strippers? Not tonight -- 'According to Jim' is on."

2> Carries a handheld karaoke machine around the office and

starts each song with, "This one's for the ladies."

and Topfive.com's Number 1 Sign

You're Dealing With a Real Assclown...

1> On his business cards he spells it "Arseclown."