Catch-All Anything Thread

Texsox

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Sep 22, 2006 -> 07:39 PM)
Should I be concerned? I mean, you're always right and all....

Appearantly a tornado hit Arlington height which is very close to where I live, this is not the first time they've been hit this decade. Also there were reports of very large hail, high winds and zero visability on I294 which is basically right down the road from my house. It was a close call but it looks like I'll live to see another day.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Sep 22, 2006 -> 08:18 PM)
I hope everyone is okay. They had us in the stairwell from 4:40 to 5:15. As I was walking to my car staring at the sky, I walked through a puddle that came up to my ankle. The drive home started okay until I was entering 290 (53 extension, whatever) at Algonquin. All hell broke loose for about 20 minutes and then it let up and started again when I hit North Avenue. I had to pull over before getting on 294 as the rain, wind and hail were too much for me to drive through (couldn't see a bloody thing). I get on 294 and it was hellish until Ogden. After that it was too bad and at home it was bone dry. That was the first time driving through such horrendous weather where I really thought there was a chance I could die. Freaked me out.

Yeesh, sounds like an absolute nightmare.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 22, 2006 -> 08:28 PM)
Appearantly a tornado hit Arlington height which is very close to where I live, this is not the first time they've been hit this decade. Also there were reports of very large hail, high winds and zero visability on I294 which is basically right down the road from my house. It was a close call but it looks like I'll live to see another day.

Yeah, that's not too far from me either. Weather got real bad around here, but luckily no tornados. The sirens went off 4 different times. I can't remember the last time they went off.

HELSINKI (Reuters) - A fee of 25,500 euros ($32,000) is way too much for a woman to charge a man for fondling her bosom, a Finnish district court ruled.

The court jailed a couple in their twenties for more than a year for charging a 74-year-old who suffers from dementia a total of 25,500 euros to enjoy the woman's breasts on 10 occasions.

"Based on general life experience alone, it is indisputably clear that a 25,500 euro charge is disproportionate to the compensation in question," Judge Hasse Hakki, who heard the case, told Reuters Friday.

But he said the court in Kokkola, about 300 miles north of Helsinki, would not decide "the proper financial value of the compensation."

The retiree filed charges against the couple, who were convicted of extortionate overcharging, even though he told the court he paid the price willingly at the time.

Jason, I have a plan to pay for the site forever

Hey buddy, only $1,000 for

:lookatme :lookatme :lookatme :lookatme :lookatme

That's a quick 5 large

QUOTE(Brian @ Sep 23, 2006 -> 08:08 PM)
I can't shake these hiccups! It's annoying.

How long have you had them?

Last year, I had the hiccups for two days straight! I went to see the Dr. who gave me something for acid reflux. I took it for about a week before every meal, they stopped shortly after I took the first pill.

I've reecently discovered "Lucky Louie" on HBO. Hilarious.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Sep 24, 2006 -> 03:41 PM)
How long have you had them?

Last year, I had the hiccups for two days straight! I went to see the Dr. who gave me something for acid reflux. I took it for about a week before every meal, they stopped shortly after I took the first pill.

I've reecently discovered "Lucky Louie" on HBO. Hilarious.

5 minutes after I posted, they gone. I have a history of acid reflux though, so that is good to know.

I watched Lucky Louie the first 3 weeks than it got old. Sometimes it was just unnecessarily vulgar, IMO.

BTW, my favorite hiccup cure is filling a tumbler with water and drinking from the opposite rim. Your chin is in the water kindof if that makes sense. You have to tilt your head almost in a "C" shape.

I was just thinking, my hiccup cure is now available for hundreds of millions of people to read, What a waste of bandwith.

So as a lot of you guys know I'm very anti facebook. Anyways, I spent the weekend at U of I and all the sudden there are pictures of me all over that stupid website. My goal was to never, ever be involved with that thing in anyway and now I feel violated. Boo. :angry:

QUOTE(Brian @ Sep 24, 2006 -> 10:11 PM)
Fergie is one of those girls that looks hot in some light and other light, not so hot. Like that Seinfeld episode.

Sometimes I wish I could cross her London Bridge, if ya smell what I'm cookin.

She's not hot dude, she's a make up baby. She gets by on a good body and good hair, wardrobe and make up people. I bet she looks like hell in the morning.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Sep 24, 2006 -> 10:25 PM)
I'm convinced 90% of the people who listen to that song have no idea what it means.

I'd be one of them, :D

Yeah, I tried finding a decent picture of Fergie and I can't.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Sep 25, 2006 -> 09:25 AM)
God I f***ing hate strep throat! :angry:

Before I had that...I never got a sore throat. Since the first time I had it...every time I get even the slightest cold, my throat gets sore as all Hell.

The first time I had it was also the day of the Northridge earthquake.