Catch-All Anything Thread

Texsox

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Nov 8, 2006 -> 04:12 AM)
My wife and I ate at Ruths Chris the other night. Probably one of the worst rip offs of all time. I'll spend money on a good meal, but that place sux.

They have their moments. The one in Cancun sucked, but I do like the one here in Chicago.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Steff @ Nov 8, 2006 -> 05:51 AM)
They have their moments. The one in Cancun sucked, but I do like the one here in Chicago.

The one out here and in Scottsdale is top notch. Its definately pricey but man the side of au-grautin potatoes is amazing.

Oh and in Arizona, a place called Houston...best ribs EVA. It is like 20 bucks for the rack though.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Nov 8, 2006 -> 11:03 AM)
The one out here and in Scottsdale is top notch. Its definately pricey but man the side of au-grautin potatoes is amazing.

Oh and in Arizona, a place called Houston...best ribs EVA. It is like 20 bucks for the rack though.

I don't remember the food in Scottsdale because that was the night we almost watched a girl get "date raped" in the bathroom. Their service leaves a lot to be desired.

My buddy's serving in Iraq...and this is his alter ego... :lol: "El Chupacabra"

Just thought it was funny enough to share :)

431265530_l.jpg

El Chupacabra in Kuwait

350031720_l.jpg

El Chupacabra in Paris

623357300_l.jpg

El Chupacabra's nemesis "Nightstalker"

395032925_l.jpg

El Chupacabra being foiled by an evil doer (this lady should be fired...what a hag)

So anyway, there was this guy in one of my classes in college. He had an accent and we all thought he was Australian. So, one day we asked him where in Australia he was from. Turns out, he was actually from WI and just had a speech impedement. Oooops.

QUOTE(Soxy @ Nov 8, 2006 -> 08:49 PM)
So anyway, there was this guy in one of my classes in college. He had an accent and we all thought he was Australian. So, one day we asked him where in Australia he was from. Turns out, he was actually from WI and just had a speech impedement. Oooops.

On a somewhat similar note, today this extremely stupid pregnant girl (she's 17) was loudly making fun of an old man who had a heart attack and died while voting yesterday. It turns out that the man who died was the grandfather of one of our classmates. She sat about three feet from the stupid pregnant girl. Talk about awkward..

QUOTE(whitesoxin @ Nov 8, 2006 -> 10:51 PM)
On a somewhat similar note, today this extremely stupid pregnant girl (she's 17) was loudly making fun of an old man who had a heart attack and died while voting yesterday. It turns out that the man who died was the grandfather of one of our classmates. She sat about three feet from the stupid pregnant girl. Talk about awkward..

ouch. :unsure:

QUOTE(whitesoxin @ Nov 8, 2006 -> 09:51 PM)

So umm, do you think he left you anything?

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Nov 9, 2006 -> 02:53 AM)
Did the server tell you to be careful with your plates because they're kept at 500 degrees F ? Seriously, they are.

I don't recall if they did specifically, but it seems to be commonplace now-a-days. Gibson's told us that when we had dinnder there last Saturday.

QUOTE(whitesoxin @ Nov 8, 2006 -> 09:51 PM)

A few years ago, a co-worker did something similar. A guy who comes in a lot, a carpenter by trade, walks into the bar in a nice suit.

Co-worker: "Hey P---, nice suit! Looks like you're going to a funeral or something. Who died?"

Guest: "My Dad, J----."

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Nov 10, 2006 -> 02:02 AM)
I was at an event with Dusty Baker tonight. Rumor has it the Padres want him.

Espn.com MLB page

this will only be funny for the next few hours....but if you follow this link to the MLB page on ESPN.com, you'll be very confused by the above rumor... Padres hired their coach...announce his race instead of name???

:lol:

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Nov 10, 2006 -> 05:31 AM)
Espn.com MLB page

this will only be funny for the next few hours....but if you follow this link to the MLB page on ESPN.com, you'll be very confused by the above rumor... Padres hired their coach...announce his race instead of name???

:lol:

Good news. The Padres are my new NL team and it woulda been wierd to have to root for Busty. :P

I hope Brian's union meeting goes well. This is the prep for the first round of negotiating the new contract.

I am surprised at Brian's take on it, he doesn't want to push for more, but to keep what they have. Most of the guys there have been saying they want to push for

more/larger raises, etc but considering the company just went through a takeover of sorts, they needn't push their luck or they will be in the unemployment line soon.

On a side note, I am bidding on a cookbook (one my mom's Christmas gift) published in 1898 by his company.

Edited by Queen Prawn

That's probably what they will do. Apparently the guys are more unified and realistic than they seemed when talking at work. He's actually getting energized about the whole thing so I guess we shall see what chips FDP holds.

Brian is gun-shy with this stuff after being laid off from Wicklander (about 2.5 years ago) and with us planning on trying for a baby in the New Year, the idea of getting laid off again was freaking him out a bit.