Catch-All Anything Thread

Texsox

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mom told me the most priceless story about how she was kicked off the bus on Tuesday. She was sick and coughing heavily -- into her sleeve and hand, mind you -- and the drive finally pulled over and said, "Lady, you've got to get off the bus" and for fifteen minutes she sat there pretending not to speak English! "Lady, you need to get off. DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT I'M SAYING?" "No." Finally, when she was getting off the bus she turns and says, "Hey everybody. f*** you!" and catches the bus that was about a block behind the bus she'd been kicked off. Crafty!

Maybe there's something wrong with she and I but we both found that hilarious. That type of confrontation and anger is humorous to us both. To me, most confrontation is comical provided it doesn't lead to violence or broken hearts -- although the latter one can indeed be funny at times.

I'm tempted to take this to the CTA as I have friends at the top of the Authority (specifically, fathers of a few friends) but I'm not going to. That said, I thought the driver was way out of line and I know that she'd lose her job for such a thing. My mom was a little out of line, too, at the end -- though I've gotta say that I admire her theatrics!

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Dec 29, 2006 -> 11:40 PM)
Mom told me the most priceless story about how she was kicked off the bus on Tuesday. She was sick and coughing heavily -- into her sleeve and hand, mind you -- and the drive finally pulled over and said, "Lady, you've got to get off the bus" and for fifteen minutes she sat there pretending not to speak English! "Lady, you need to get off. DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT I'M SAYING?" "No." Finally, when she was getting off the bus she turns and says, "Hey everybody. f*** you!" and catches the bus that was about a block behind the bus she'd been kicked off. Crafty!

Maybe there's something wrong with she and I but we both found that hilarious. That type of confrontation and anger is humorous to us both. To me, most confrontation is comical provided it doesn't lead to violence or broken hearts -- although the latter one can indeed be funny at times.

I'm tempted to take this to the CTA as I have friends at the top of the Authority (specifically, fathers of a few friends) but I'm not going to. That said, I thought the driver was way out of line and I know that she'd lose her job for such a thing. My mom was a little out of line, too, at the end -- though I've gotta say that I admire her theatrics!

Please report that ignorant driver to your friend's father.

People like that need to be disciplined.

The CTA is a mess - if they fired every incompetent, lazy, rude and/or ignorant CTA worker, they'd have to close the entire operation down until they hired enough people to replace them all.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Dec 29, 2006 -> 10:40 PM)
I'm tempted to take this to the CTA as I have friends at the top of the Authority (specifically, fathers of a few friends) but I'm not going to. That said, I thought the driver was way out of line and I know that she'd lose her job for such a thing.

It's almost impossible to get fired from a government job. She would have had to kill your mom to lose her job.

QUOTE(knightni @ Jan 2, 2007 -> 02:38 AM)
Heh.

No.

I also looked for GI Joe - The Movie starring Don Johnson ™ :D

but I can only find old VHS or really expensive DVDs on eBay.

I have the GI Joe DVD... :D

we could arrange something

Recently beat the trifecta of Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario World, and Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past on game boy advance after a few months...never owned Super Nintendo or the games so it was a new, enjoyable experience and small, kinda dorky accomplishment for me. :)

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jan 2, 2007 -> 04:12 PM)
My eleven year old cousin, who is going to be playing his first year of Little League this year, told me he wants to lose weight "so I won't look so fat in the uniform." It was the cutest thing.

yeah..anorexia at 11.

cute.

QUOTE(knightni @ Jan 1, 2007 -> 08:33 PM)
Sweet.

Someone uploaded the entire 1986 Transformers movie to YT.

There are 10 parts.

Man, I never realized how incredible the list of voices was in this movie. Thanks for the link!

Edit: That was quite enjoyable. Still gotta love the dinobots. And suddenly now I get the "Tell me about the rabbits" line.

Edited by Balta1701

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Jan 2, 2007 -> 03:37 PM)
yeah..anorexia at 11.

cute.

That's one hell of a jump you're making. You should try out for Evil Knievel's old job. :P

He's a fat kid, there's no denying that, and he'd like to lose a few pounds. It isn't "anorexia," thanks, or anything near it.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jan 4, 2007 -> 05:30 PM)
God I love Lou Malnati's.

Funny you should say that.

I've been in Cali. for a few months now and all the pizza out here absolutely blows. So, friends of ours sent us three frozen Lou Malnati's pizzas for X-Mas. About an hour ago I threw one in the oven and kinda burned the crust and it was STILL a million times better than all the crap we've had out here.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jan 5, 2007 -> 12:40 AM)

I've been in Cali. for a few months now and all the pizza out here absolutely blows. So, friends of ours sent us three frozen Lou Malnati's pizzas for X-Mas. About an hour ago I threw one in the oven and kinda burned the crust and it was STILL a million times better than all the crap we've had out here.

That's like Texas...

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jan 4, 2007 -> 11:40 PM)

Ha, we actually sent some relatives some in Florida a few weeks ago. I absolutely love Lou's, it's easily my favorite meal in the world and I just can't have it when I'm at school. So when I'm home for break, I have it a ton.

Edited by Rowand44