Catch-All Anything Thread

Texsox

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ May 12, 2005 -> 02:39 AM)
Work sucks.

Don't anyone ever apply to Culvers, it sucks. All food places do, yet those are the only jobs I have had yet. :puke

I love the turtle sundaes there.

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ May 11, 2005 -> 09:58 PM)
I work at a college cafeteria.

Actually not a bad job, easiest job i'm ever going to have.

:lol: I just ended my job at VU's cafeteria last weekend. I hated it so much. I got minimum wage and was surrounded by old lunch ladies or college kids I didn't know all the time. I'm sure if I knew some of the people I worked with it would have been better. I wasted almost a year of my life working there.

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ May 11, 2005 -> 10:00 PM)
:lol: I just ended my job at VU's cafeteria last weekend. I hated it so much. I got minimum wage and was surrounded by old lunch ladies or college kids I didn't know all the time. I'm sure if I knew some of the people I worked with it would have been better. I wasted almost a year of my life working there.

it's all college kids and college "coordinators" (our bosses). As long as you don't get them in trouble, you're fine. Which consists of doing a very minimal amount of work.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 12, 2005 -> 12:50 PM)
Apply at your nearest golf course...I just started Monday.  It's easy money, you're outside, and you get free golf. 

Best.job.ever.

Now that wouldn't be a bad job at all. Probably better than hanging clothes, organizing shoes etc. at a Aussie K-Mart for almost 4 years. :lol:

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ May 11, 2005 -> 09:45 PM)
YOU GUYS DO NOT LIKE CULVERS! YOU HATE EVERYTHING ABOUT IT, ESPECIALLY THE POWER SURGING FAILURE AT LIFE MANAGERS!

But seriously, the food is good and all, but working there sucks big monkey balls.

Just wait until I bring our softball team in to visit... you don't work next Monday do you :ph34r:

Its funny, because its true :bang

A very genteel Southern lady was driving across the Savannah River Bridge in Georgia one day. As she neared the top of the bridge, she noticed a young man fixing to jump.

She stopped her car, rolled down the window and said, "Please don't jump, think of your dear mother and father."

He replied, "Mom and Dad are both dead; I'm going to jump."

She said, "Well, think of your wife and children."

He replied, "I'm not married and I don't have any kids."

She said, "Well, think of Robert E. Lee."

He replied, ''Who's Robert E. Lee?''

She replied, "Well, just go ahead and jump, you dumb f***ing Yankee."

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 12, 2005 -> 08:03 AM)
Just wait until I bring our softball team in to visit... you don't work next Monday do you :ph34r:

Either I will be fired or quit by then. :P I might be putting in my final two weeks though, they don't post the new schedule until the Saturday before the work week. And as long as you all order ice cream I won't have to do any work in the kitchen. :)

Fun Fact for Friday the 13th:

It's estimated that between $800 million and $900 million is lost in business each Friday the 13th because people won't travel, go to work and tend to business in general.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=751011&page=1

Another Fun Fact:

There are 21 million idiots walking among us – only not today because they're busy hiding under their beds.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 12, 2005 -> 02:50 AM)
Apply at your nearest golf course...I just started Monday.  It's easy money, you're outside, and you get free golf. 

Best.job.ever.

AGreed. I worked in the pro shop and at the bar. It was easy and everyone who golfs is cool so you don't have the rude customers at restaurants or in stores.

The bar was great money for a summer job!

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ May 13, 2005 -> 01:11 PM)
Fun Fact for Friday the 13th:

It's estimated that between $800 million and $900 million is lost in business each Friday the 13th because people won't travel, go to work and tend to business in general.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=751011&page=1

Another Fun Fact:

There are 21 million idiots walking among us – only not today because they're busy hiding under their beds.

:ph34r: shhhhh, I'm hiding

I luv overheard in New York

Hobo: Well, since you won't give me money, one more thing. Has your sister or girlfriend, I don't know who she is, ever told you that bag does not go with that coat?

--45th & 9th

Hobo: It's 90 degrees out. Why are we wearing clothes? That's mental illness.

--Rockefeller Center station

Guy: Nothing like going to Chuck E. Cheese to make you start drinking again.

--82nd & Amsterdam

:lolhitting :lolhitting

I love it when some three year old sees Chuck and his eyes go wide and he starts screaming. Hell Chuck E. to a three year old is a 6-foot f***ing rat :lol: the kid should scream and cry.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 18, 2005 -> 07:14 PM)
Pine Valley Country Club

Where's that? I don't remember that one?

Is that the one by Autumn Ridge north of town?

s***, it's been a long time, I am starting to forget Fort Wayne.

:lol: