Catch-All Anything Thread

Texsox

I will finish collecting data for my master's next week (6 freaking experiments, yikes)! Then just gotta do some stats and, HELL YES, I will write it up over Christmas. Hahaha, by the end of this school year I'll FINALLY be Master Soxy. . .

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Soxy @ Nov 28, 2005 -> 09:05 PM)
I will finish collecting data for my master's next week (6 freaking experiments, yikes)! Then just gotta do some stats and, HELL YES, I will write it up over Christmas. Hahaha, by the end of this school year I'll FINALLY be Master Soxy. . .

Master Soxy. OOOhhh la la... has a certain ring to it. :)

Congrats, Soxy!

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Nov 28, 2005 -> 05:29 PM)
Master Soxy.  OOOhhh la la... has a certain ring to it.  :)

Congrats, Soxy!

Thanks! Writing it up is going to be a real b****, but I finished another manuscript I'd been working on this past weekend. So, really it's the only thing I have hanging over my head at the moment. But, man, it's going to be so awesome to have that data all in my gruby little hands. . .

Indeed. The best part of the paper is after all the data is collected and all you have to do is put it together. It's horrible 1) when starting and you have no idea what you're going to do and 2) when you're in the middle of collecting data. Ugh. That's the worst.

On a side note, I just got my syllabus for my "intermester" class. I get to put together a "marketing plan" for a company. That sounds like fun. :)

QUOTE(EvilMonkey @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 10:43 PM)
I own a printshop.  I got a call today from a person who said they found my number in the phone book under 'printers'.  They then proceeded to ask me if I print business cards. Well, gee, that's a tough one.  Here's your sign.

You still do business cards?

QUOTE(EvilMonkey @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 11:56 PM)
ANYTHING (almost) for the almighty green!

I know a couple shops here that stopped offering them. The shops right across in Mexico are full color, 1000 @ $32 US. The local guys are giving up listening to customers complain.

QUOTE(EvilMonkey @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 10:43 PM)
I own a printshop.  I got a call today from a person who said they found my number in the phone book under 'printers'.  They then proceeded to ask me if I print business cards. Well, gee, that's a tough one.  Here's your sign.

I still really don't get that whole "here's your sign" thing. Is it just me, or do comedians seem like they are REALLY struggling to find funny little phrases? The last one I can think of that had a funny little phrase, that was actually worth a damn, was Steve Martin! But that "here's your sign" and the lovely "git 'er dun" or whatever, are so damn desperate.

Ok, so I'm watching Saturday Night Live tonight, it's not a terrible show tonight, but I'm just sitting here wondering 2 things:

Who the hell is this host?

Who the hell is this musical guest?

I've never heard of either of them...host Dane Cook, Musical Guest James Blunt? Where'd they find this pair?

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 4, 2005 -> 03:25 AM)
Ok, so I'm watching Saturday Night Live tonight, it's not a terrible show tonight, but I'm just sitting here wondering 2 things:

I've never heard of either of them...host Dane Cook, Musical Guest James Blunt?  Where'd they find this pair?

Damn, I wish I could have at least checked this out. Dane Cook is a GREAT comedian. He was in that restaurant movie that was out a few weeks back too.

http://www.danecook.com/

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 4, 2005 -> 02:25 AM)

I've never heard of either of them...host Dane Cook, Musical Guest James Blunt?  Where'd they find this pair?

dane cook is a very very very popular comedian, at least among college kids.

I'm with greasy and i wish I could have seen this.