Catch-All Anything Thread

Texsox

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Kidnapped" man found in brothel

A missing man thought to be the victim of kidnappers has turned up in a Buenos Aires brothel.

The man disappeared on his way to work and had not been seen for a week, police say.

His wife called the police afraid he had been kidnapped and the police had launched an investigation.

Officers eventually found the 35-year-old enjoying himself with two prostitutes at a bordello at the nearby city of Rosario.

Police say he had been at the brothel since his disappearance. His wife has filed for divorce.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jan 25, 2006 -> 10:02 PM)
LOL....it's where I have been starting. I can only see it getting more expensive. :D

Much, much, much more expensive. When you are spending the same amount for one 750 ML bottle as you do for a case of Bud, you start realizing it is an expensive hobby. Standing in a line infront of a purchaser of Bud, while your total exceeds $70, and you have 5 bottles of beer on the counter...you get odd looks. But damn, that one 12 oz. bottle of Westvleteren (approx. $10) tastes soooooooooo much better than that 12 pack of Bud could ever hope to taste.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jan 25, 2006 -> 09:42 PM)
And a pox on me because I haven't made it to UPS to drop some reciprocity in the mail to you.  I am teh sux0r.

No problem, you waited patiently for The Beast. :cheers

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jan 25, 2006 -> 09:39 PM)
It's about as much documentary as Shadow of the Vampire is, so basically just a a period piece with a lot of attention to detail.

Without giving too much away, I think the screenwriter and director did a great job of leveraging the fact that Whale suffered a stroke into an incredible storytelling vehicle.  The stroke had left him basically unable to keep track of streams of thought or temporal awareness, so all the flashbacks, hallucinations etc. that get weaved in to tell the story find their basis in the fact that Whale can't keep any of the stuff sorted out in his brain.

It's absolutely worth seeing.  Even Brendan Fraser is less annoying than usual in it.  :)

I didn't like Shadow Of The Vampire much, and both versions of Nosferatu are two of my favorite movies. But I will still give this a shot.

I also have to admit to liking Brendan Fraser. I like him in The Mummy movies, and love him in the remake of Bedazzled. I have also seen him in enough other stuff to say I think there is nothing wrong with the guy. He can act, and he can flip-flop his roles quite well. I'd take him over Ben Affleck or Keanu Reeves any day of the century.

I think George of the Jungle is what partly ruined Brendan Fraser for me. But then again he did Airheads whicg I loved, and I also didn't mind him too much in the Mummy films.

I'm not sure what the deal is with Shadow. I loved it, and also love both the original Murnau/Shrek and Herzog/Kinski versions of the Nosferatu films. I thought DeFoe did a great job as Shrek in Shadow. And the way they nailed the sets and such from the original was great.

So, have you caught the Nosferatu cameo while watchinh Spongebob Squarepants with your little one?

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jan 26, 2006 -> 08:48 AM)
I think George of the Jungle is what partly ruined Brendan Fraser for me.  But then again he did Airheads whicg I loved, and I also didn't mind him too much in the Mummy films.

I'm not sure what the deal is with Shadow. I loved it, and also love both the original Murnau/Shrek and Herzog/Kinski versions of the Nosferatu films.  I thought DeFoe did a great job as Shrek in Shadow.  And the way they nailed the sets and such from the original was great.

So, have you caught the Nosferatu cameo while watchinh Spongebob Squarepants with your little one?

Does Squidward show up as Max? I can't remember if I have seen it.

I'll have to give Shadow another shot.