Catch-All Anything Thread

Texsox

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Top 7 Worst Ways to Celebrate Presidents' Day.

7> Impeaching the cat.

6> Cleaning a dress.

5> Sexual role-playing in the bedroom. Her as first lady, you as

"Millard Fillmore," if you know what I mean.

4> Choking on a pretzel.

3> Having a "Garfield" marathon.

2> Buying two rottweilers, naming them "Abe" and "George." Setting

them loose in your local mall during the P-Day sales.

and the Number 1 Worst Way to

Celebrate Presidents' Day....

1> Sitting on a Greyhound bus next to Dennis Kucinich.

[ Copyright 2005 by Chris White    ]

[    http://www.topfive.com    ]

First Runner Up

1> Licking the coffee table.

Woman could be jailed for sub stamp forgery

Monday, February 21, 2005

By Tom Gilchrist

TIMES WRITER

The crimes occurred in early February in the Subway restaurant in the Bad Axe Mini Market at 885 N. VanDyke Road. A worker there, Erica Becking, suspected counterfeit stamps had been turned in and alerted her supervisor, Mindy A. Bender, who called state police.

Subway customers receive Sub Club stamps for buying Subway food. When a buyer fills up one Customer Appreciation Card with eight stamps, he receives a free 6-inch sub sandwich, wrap or salad with the purchase of a drink.

Trooper Jeffery J. Heronemus of the State Police post at Bad Axe said the woman confessed to using her parents' computer scanner to create fake Sub Club stamps, and then used pink and purple crayons to shade in color on the stamps and make them appear more real.

From Our Advertiser

Heronemus reported the woman told him she has been unemployed since Jan. 1, and that she made up the fake stamps because she's hungry. The woman lives with her boyfriend, who works at a Bad Axe restaurant.

"He and I were short on funds, and this way we were able to get something to eat," the woman told the trooper, according to a police report.

State police noted, however, that the woman paid for six cookies on one visit when she used the fake stamps to get free food.

Sgt. Mark J. Sosnoski of the Bad Axe post said State Police will ask prosecutors to charge the woman with larceny under false pretenses. The suspect hasn't been arrested yet.

"I'm hoping she goes to jail," said Bender, operations supervisor at the Bad Axe Mini Market.

"I was just out in Connecticut at Subway headquarters getting training and they were talking about fraud, saying someone was selling our Sub Club stamps on eBay (an Internet auction site), which is illegal," Bender said.

"Occasionally certain rolls of stamps are stolen, and there are 1,000 stamps on a roll."

The Bad Axe woman may not become as famous as Jared S. Fogle - who lost 245 pounds, he says, by exercising and eating Subway sandwiches - but Bender said Subway officials want to know more about the case of the counterfeit Subway stamps.

"They were talking about using it as a marketing tool," Bender said. "They could say 'Subway sandwiches are so good that a woman risks jail time to get them."'

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Feb 22, 2005 -> 06:33 PM)
I telefiled my taxes today--how long should it be before I get my direct-deposit refund?

I got mine in 2 weeks.

Edit: Oddly enough it came today.

Edited by Kalapse

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Feb 23, 2005 -> 05:13 PM)
Check it out...

ho_darth_tater_050211_ssv.jpg

It's DARTH 'TATER!!  :bang  :bang

I left mine in a drawer too long, and now he has eyes in the back of his head. :ph34r:

That has got to be the worse joke I ever bothered to type :headshake :lol:

How not to get me to change your grade:

Hello!

I wanted to know if I can pick up my test tommorow, becuase the grade i recieved is

not good. I mean i know i did better than that.

Thank you

Or.....

I am seriously confused about the grade I received on this last test. I studied

HARD for this test. I wrote out all the questions on the study sheet and I

read over my notes and the text. I went over my notes since the first day

of class, I didn't cram, because I did not want to screw up in this class

and I wanted to pull up my grades up seeing as I am a second semester

junior.

I do not, FOR THE LIFE OF ME, understand how I received a 10.5 out of 20

on this test. I am so shocked that even a 16 out of 20 would have

surprised me alot, that is how well I really believed I did on this test.

I do not know what went wrong and I shudder to think what my grades on

other test and in the class will be if this continues. What can I do? To

give you an example of how shocked I am, I feel like if someone gave me a

problem: 2+2 and I answered 4 and received an F!!!

what can I do? who can I talk to? can this grade be negotionable? thank you.

a VERY CONCERNED student

QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 23, 2005 -> 10:23 PM)
So you like the first one with the $100 attached correct?

Shoot, I'm a grad student! It doesn't take much, I'll like the one with Andrew Jackson clipped to it!

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Feb 23, 2005 -> 10:31 PM)
Shoot, I'm a grad student! It doesn't take much, I'll like the one with Andrew Jackson clipped to it!

As a returning student and more a peer of my professors than the GA, I really don't like some snot nosed kid grading my stuff. I know I will not have the same smooze factor I get with the Professor, especially when our kids are in the same school . . .

QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 23, 2005 -> 10:56 PM)
As a returning student and more a peer of my professors than the GA, I really don't like some snot nosed kid grading my stuff. I know I will not have the same smooze factor I get with the Professor, especially when our kids are in the same school . . .

Lol, I actually don't mind my non-traditional students (although, lecturing/grading/tutoring them is intimidating to say the least). They tend not to think that they're owed good grades, which a lot of the younger crowd seems to believe.

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Feb 23, 2005 -> 11:05 PM)
Lol, I actually don't mind my non-traditional students (although, lecturing/grading/tutoring them is intimidating to say the least). They tend not to think that they're owed good grades, which a lot of the younger crowd seems to believe.

LOL. I know I approach classes much differently than I did before. I look for any help I can find, not to get better grades, but to get the work done quicker. I also am quicker to debate a professor and know my beliefs have been tested over time.

Oooh tutor me, make me do it again :D :lolhitting

Edited by Texsox

QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 23, 2005 -> 11:12 PM)
Oooh tutor me, make me do it again :D  :lolhitting

Ewwww, I hope that isn't why kids come to my office hours. Although, honestly, I've only ever had one girl show up. I always just thought the boys were more motivated....