Catch-All Anything Thread

Texsox

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Mar 15, 2006 -> 09:05 PM)
Green Tea.

Are you kidding me?  This stuff is amazing.  Two days into it, and I can't put it down.

I'm hooked.

Good stuff, Maynard.

Try yerba mate' when you get the chance. Good and earthy tasting like some green teas, but also with an assload of caffeine. :D

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Mar 15, 2006 -> 08:37 PM)
Good stuff, Maynard.

Try yerba mate' when you get the chance.  Good and earthy tasting like some green teas, but also with an assload of caffeine.  :D

I took caffeine completely out of my diet. Well, at least as complete as I can. I don't drink pop, I really don't eat any sweets. I'm actually a really healthy-eating college-kid. It's kind of creepy.

But, right now we just have this green tea powder in a jar that I've been mixing in with water--because I'm out of bottled water, of which I drink about 4 a day--and I can't believe how good this stuff is.

My mom swears by this stuff. I've never given it a try. I think I'm beginning to see what they're all talking about.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Mar 15, 2006 -> 08:41 PM)
I took caffeine completely out of my diet.  Well, at least as complete as I can.  I don't drink pop, I really don't eat any sweets.  I'm actually a really healthy-eating college-kid.  It's kind of creepy.

But, right now we just have this green tea powder in a jar that I've been mixing in with water--because I'm out of bottled water, of which I drink about 4 a day--and I can't believe how good this stuff is.

My mom swears by this stuff.  I've never given it a try.  I think I'm beginning to see what they're all talking about.

i'm one of those weirdos that can't drink water plain. I just need to have some sort of flavor in my liquids damnit!

So i've become very partial to the crystal light and gatorade mixes.

QUOTE(SnB @ Mar 15, 2006 -> 08:56 PM)
i'm one of those weirdos that can't drink water plain.  I just need to have some sort of flavor in my liquids damnit!

Yeah. I don't like you anyway, so...

QUOTE(SnB @ Mar 15, 2006 -> 09:56 PM)
i'm one of those weirdos that can't drink water plain.  I just need to have some sort of flavor in my liquids damnit!

:o :o Ice cold pure water is the best drink possible. Hands down.

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Mar 15, 2006 -> 09:08 PM)
I got a job as a soccer ref and umpire for the Parks Dept in my town yesterday. It should be a good time.

I've volunteered at our Y for years now doing both basketball and soccer for the young kids... I love it.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Mar 16, 2006 -> 08:32 PM)
What happened to the snow?  Is anyone near Chicago getting any of it?

Ya, mate. Lots of it. :lol:

It's sunny and 80 right now. Leaves are out, wildflowers on the way, grass is green, and life is good.

So I went to the Commonwealth Games tonight, and saw some Field Hockey which was interesting. Unfortunately we had 4 screaming kids sitting right behind us, with a mother who decided to vanish for 30 mins and leave them unsupervised so that she could go and buy them some food.

And they had those annoying plastic clappers thingies. We got hit twice with them, and told them "nicely" to please be more careful with them. :lol:

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Mar 16, 2006 -> 04:46 PM)
I sold the biggest single cabin cruise of my career today.

One couple, one cabin. Almost 20 grand.

Did you ask if they would adopt you? :D

What's your commission on a sale like that?

Edited by FlaSoxxJim

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Mar 16, 2006 -> 03:12 PM)
Ya, mate.  Lots of it.  :lol:

It's sunny and 80 right now.  Leaves are out, wildflowers on the way, grass is green, and life is good.

I'm in your area right now. Yesterday was a beautiful day. Today looks like it will be nice, just cooler.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Mar 17, 2006 -> 01:54 PM)
I'm in your area right now.  Yesterday was a beautiful day.  Today looks like it will be nice, just cooler.

Ahh. One of these times we'll have to hook up for a cold one. Not this time, though. I have 70 gazillion things on my plate right now. :lol:

I was thinking about Odyssey Fun Park (in Tinley) this afternoon riding the train to school. I'm sure many here on Soxtalk have fond memories of running through their gigantic tube play area. Or having everyone one of their friends' birthday parties in the facility.

I got to wondering--how has the genre of Arcade games progressed in the last, I'd say, 7-8 years? Don't hear many kids anticipating the newest release of a certain arcade game like I did growing up.

I recall going to Odyssey and playing their arcades on the second floor--many of which had tremendous graphics and gameplay back then. How is it now? Have the realism of video games phased them out? I don't expect arcade games mirroring reality, but there couldn't have been much of a revolution in the area of arcades in 8 years. I could honestly imagine going there and seeing all the same arcades from 1998. Probably not much money in the business anymore.