Catch-All Anything Thread

Texsox

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Mar 21, 2006 -> 04:27 PM)
So, I just got contacts today and it feels like I constantly have tears in my eyes.

Is that normal?

It almost feels blurry.

They feel blurry, or things LOOK blurry? If things look blurry, that's not good. Give it a about a week and maybe go back. Having moist eyes is a good thing, it keeps the contacts comfortable. When your eyes go dry, they'll feel like sandpaper.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Mar 22, 2006 -> 09:20 AM)
They feel blurry, or things LOOK blurry?  If things look blurry, that's not good.  Give it a about a week and maybe go back.  Having moist eyes is a good thing, it keeps the contacts comfortable.  When your eyes go dry, they'll feel like sandpaper.

I just had a 15 minute battle with my contact lenses today. This was the first time I really had to get them in myself. Not cool.

I'm hoping this gets a lot easier. I have my follow-up on Saturday and I'm hoping things work out by then; if not, I'm out.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Mar 22, 2006 -> 08:24 PM)
If anyone remembers slamball, I got to play it today.  Unbelievably fun.

God damnit I wanna play. Just one time that would be fun as all hell.

I demand they open a Slamball arena in Naperville. :)

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Mar 22, 2006 -> 01:17 PM)
I just had a 15 minute battle with my contact lenses today.  This was the first time I really had to get them in myself.  Not cool.

I'm hoping this gets a lot easier.  I have my follow-up on Saturday and I'm hoping things work out by then; if not, I'm out.

That's kind of a long time, even for a beginner, but it will get easier. I hate to ask a stupid question, but are they in properly? I'm assuming you have soft lenses, so they curve both ways. Look for the natural curvature of the lense and put them in that way. If you do the opposite, you can still get them in, but they'll feel awful. I'm not explaining it well, sorry.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Mar 22, 2006 -> 09:11 PM)
That's kind of a long time, even for a beginner, but it will get easier.  I hate to ask a stupid question, but are they in properly?  I'm assuming you have soft lenses, so they curve both ways.  Look for the natural curvature of the lense and put them in that way.  If you do the opposite, you can still get them in, but they'll feel awful.  I'm not explaining it well, sorry.

No, it's fine; I appreciate the effort.

I think it's just so foreign to me, I wouldn't even know what the proper fitting should feel like. This morning, I was able to get them in a little easier, but, once again, one of my eyes feels perfect--I can even't notice it--and the other eye feels like I have a tear drop in it, that just isn't going away.

Also, last night when I took them off, my eyes felt awfully dry.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Mar 23, 2006 -> 11:00 AM)
No, it's fine; I appreciate the effort.

I think it's just so foreign to me, I wouldn't even know what the proper fitting should feel like.  This morning, I was able to get them in a little easier, but, once again, one of my eyes feels perfect--I can even't notice it--and the other eye feels like I have a tear drop in it, that just isn't going away.

Also, last night when I took them off, my eyes felt awfully dry.

Take it out, flip it over and put it back in. Maybe it's in backwards. :huh

Like I said, give it a few days, you'll be fine.