Catch-All Anything Thread

Texsox

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Soxy @ Mar 23, 2006 -> 02:42 PM)
what're you getting Queen?

Steff, my advisor's car is very similar (except for color and the sirius thing), and it's gorgeous. I am green with envy.

Thanks Soxy.

QP, be safe tonight. Defensive driving 101. ;)

QUOTE(Middle Buffalo @ Mar 24, 2006 -> 12:08 AM)
Caught Paul Harvey on the radio today doing his 4 pages of news.  I'm sure of very few things, but I know that Mr. Harvey will die by choking on his own phlegm.  Someone get him a lozenge, quick.  Good day!

He is one of the coolest guy ever though. He can die how he likes.

QUOTE(Steff @ Mar 23, 2006 -> 04:10 PM)
QP, be safe tonight. Defensive driving 101.  ;)

LOL! That is exactly what I did! Home all safe and sound. Leaving in an hour to sign the papers (and Brian is still giving me $1K towards it woohoo).

That concert was phenomenal. I would have paid twice what I did and it still would have been a bargain to me. Brian May is still absolutely an amazing guitar player and Roger can still beat the drums with the best of them. Paul Rodgers did a great job and I enjoyed the new piece the did as well as the Bad Company hits they played. What they did with Bohemian Rhapsody was simply incredible. I was afraid it was going to look half empty as there seem to be a lot of seats left as of a day before, but after the lights went down and I looked around, there could not have been too many open seats left. If I hadn't been so sleepy when I got home, I would have thrown in one of their old concerts to get my fill of Freddie.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 24, 2006 -> 12:19 PM)
Sirius?  Traitor

Oh save it. I've had both for 2 years now. :P

Jim broke me down and is getting a new Vette which has XM in it so we'll have both in both cars.

I would like to take this opportunity to talk about how much orthodontists and insurance SUCK!!! My insurance only covers 24 months of treatment and next month makes 24 months. Orthodontist tells me today I need to have 2 teeth pulled (bicuspids - sp?) or have surgery that costs 40K. Okay, for obvious reasons I select having two teeth ripped out of my head. I then ask how much longer after the teeth are ripped out of my gourd. He tells me 8 more months. My thoughts are something like this: #%@&*!&%*&@%$%$. So then I stroll up to the receptionist to drop off my records and find out if I have a balance left (as of last month I was under the impression I was paid off and the f***ing brackets were going to be removed circa June, yeah, of this year). Well, then I find out about the insurance bulls*** which means I have to pay out of pocket for the remaining months - $125 a f***ing month.

When I got home, I ran the numbers and while it won't hurt too much, it still pisses me off to no f***ing end. He is the one treating me. Why not have me get the upper two pulled while he was straightening out the bottoms (at that point what room I had on the bottom should have been readily apparent, hell it was to me and I don't have a degree in straightening teeth)? If that had been done, I would be rapidly approaching done now and not costing me what amounts to another freaking grand. :banghead

I had to pick this Lent to giving up alcohol, didn't I? A glass of wine (or 6) would have went down so smoothly tonight. :drink

:chair :fight

Edited by Queen Prawn

So, I asked one of my guy friends how long you should let someone squirm after you catch them in a major lie before you put them out of their misery.

He looked at me like I'm crazy.

Guess that's a girl thing.

QUOTE(Soxy @ Mar 25, 2006 -> 03:52 PM)
So, I asked one of my guy friends how long you should let someone squirm after you catch them in a major lie before you  put them out of their misery.

He looked at me like I'm crazy.

Guess that's a girl thing.

Unless you just want to have loads of fun at their misfortune. :lol:

One may wonder why I'm on right now. Some asshole started a fire or pulled an alarm or something.....I've been asleep for an hour so far tonite, and I got to spend the last 35 minutes with half the dorm.

f***in A.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Mar 26, 2006 -> 09:39 PM)
One may wonder why I'm on right now. Some asshole started a fire or pulled an alarm or something.....I've been asleep for an hour so far tonite, and I got to spend the last 35 minutes with half the dorm.

f***in A.

At least you don't have class in the morning. :D

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Mar 26, 2006 -> 04:39 AM)

f***in A.

That's happened twice to me already this year.