Catch-All Anything Thread

Texsox

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Apr 1, 2006 -> 06:03 PM)
Poor kid!  Are you getting her a new one?

Yeah, we're going to clean out the tank, let it sit for a couple days, then get her a new fish.

This experience now has her questioning the mortality of her pet cat.

:lol:

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(The Critic @ Apr 1, 2006 -> 08:52 AM)
My daughter's fish died today.

First time I had to console her over a dead pet.

It was really sad. I feel so bad for her.

Awww..

It's been a bad week for little critters.

First QP's hampster, then your daughter's fish.

:crying

QUOTE(The Critic @ Apr 1, 2006 -> 07:05 PM)
Yeah, we're going to clean out the tank, let it sit for a couple days, then get her a new fish.

Guess there was no time to the old switcheroo with a twin fish huh?

QUOTE(The Critic @ Apr 1, 2006 -> 06:05 PM)

Oh boy... I was a mess for weeks after I had to put my Sam to sleep. I dred routine visits to the vet now. :ph34r:

QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 1, 2006 -> 06:07 PM)
Awww..

It's been a bad week for little critters.

First QP's hampster, then your daughter's fish.

:crying

The saddest part was that she was about to play an April Fool's prank on the fish.

She was going to pretend to feed her, but leave the cap on the fish food.

Then she looked at Fishy, and said to me - "Dad, Fishy looks weird - is she dead?"

My heart broke a little right then.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Apr 1, 2006 -> 06:08 PM)
The saddest part was that she was about to play an April Fool's prank on the fish.

She was going to pretend to feed her, but leave the cap on the fish food.

Then she looked at Fishy, and said to me - "Dad, Fishy looks weird - is she dead?"

My heart broke a little right then.

Ugh... bless you parental units. :notworthy

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 2, 2006 -> 07:48 PM)
The time switch is already messing with my mind.

Extra hour's sleep in for me.

Oh and I finally quit my crappier 2nd job today! YAY!!!! :D :aussie:

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Apr 2, 2006 -> 02:50 AM)
Extra hour's sleep in for me.

Well, I got to be up at 11 tomorrow cause I'm going to a friends house in downtown to drop my stuff off before I head over to the cell. I just look at my computer now and see that it's almost 4...f***.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Apr 3, 2006 -> 05:44 PM)
Here's my first car I purchased on my own.  Not too shabby for being 3 months out of school.  B)

n1919458_31370492_7416.jpg

Not getting personal, and none of my business, and just a general comment, debt is a tough thing. Building a nest egg will bring you a lot more happiness.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Apr 3, 2006 -> 07:56 PM)
Not getting personal, and none of my business, and just a general comment, debt is a tough thing. Building a nest egg will bring you a lot more happiness.

Well the mothly payments are about what I make in a week, and I don't really spend much money on anything else. I plan on using the other checks towards my savings and checking account because I use a direct deposit system to pay off my car. The job I currently have is for one year, but I have a strong feeling I can get something with them after. Because of this I didn't want to buy a house.

My parents made me save my money for college while growing up and told me when I finished, I could used the leftovers for whatever I wanted.

As for the car, it's a 2002 automatic. (never tried stick, Plus how and I suppose to talk on my phone, change the radio, or drink my scalding hot McDonald's coffee with a stick?)

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Apr 3, 2006 -> 07:53 PM)
Well the mothly payments are about what I make in a week, and I don't really spend much money on anything else. I plan on using the other checks towards my savings and checking account because I use a direct deposit system to pay off my car. The job I currently have is for one year, but I have a strong feeling I can get something with them after.  Because of this I didn't want to buy a house. 

My parents made me save my money for college while growing up and told me when I finished, I could used the leftovers for whatever I wanted.

As for the car, it's a 2002 automatic.  (never tried stick, Plus how and I suppose to talk on my phone, change the radio, or drink my scalding hot McDonald's coffee with a stick?)

I didn't mean to get personal, and wasn't implying it necessarily was the situation you are in. I just wished I had listened when I was 23 to my parents and a financial advisor and earned interest instead of paid interest. By the time I was thirty I had a mountain of debt and a ton of toys that owned me. BTW, very nice car. Enjoy it. Do you have a beater for the CHicago winters? A buddy of mine from HS managed to drive some awesome vehicles for a couple years and sell them for damn near what he paid for them. He also parked them under a cover in his garage during the winter.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Apr 3, 2006 -> 09:35 PM)
I'm keeping it in the garage, and I still have my Chevy Malibu. (High School graduation present)  Not really a "beater," but it'll get the job done.

Great. And sorry if it sounded like a lecture. I didn't mean it to be. :cheers

QUOTE(Texsox @ Apr 3, 2006 -> 08:45 AM)
Wednesday afternoon the time/date will be

01:02:03 at 04/05/06

Won't happen again for another 100 years.

It will also be the second time it happens the same day.

So, the Hardee's commericals are pissing me off some. I don't need to hear people eat.

Also, I want to use this time to tout two rather great-working medicine type things, being that I'm sick. Flonase seems to combat some of my worst hay fever while even taking just a half dose.

Is there anything better than a Ludens Throat Drop? I mean, I like the Halls Fruit Breezers as well, but that classic cherry flavor can't be topped.

Just sayin.

QUOTE(Soxy @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 09:48 AM)
I am having a very weird day.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 04:49 PM)
So, the Hardee's commericals are pissing me off some. I don't need to hear people eat.

Also, I want to use this time to tout two rather great-working medicine type things, being that I'm sick. Flonase seems to combat some of my worst hay fever while even taking just a half dose.

Is there anything better than a Ludens Throat Drop? I mean, I like the Halls Fruit Breezers as well, but that classic cherry flavor can't be topped.

Just sayin.

This may be why I love this site.