Catch-All Anything Thread

Texsox

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Apr 6, 2006 -> 04:34 PM)
Were you being sarcastic? Haha because I definitely wouldn't shampoo my hat. I just heard this from somebody in the gift shop at the Cell yesterday after I got my hat. I thought they might be bulls***ting me.

Wouldn't you get the same outcome by just wetting it and wearing it for a few hours? I don't think you actually have to shower with it on...? But I've never done it so I don't know for sure. Cool if it works.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Apr 6, 2006 -> 04:34 PM)
Were you being sarcastic? Haha because I definitely wouldn't shampoo my hat. I just heard this from somebody in the gift shop at the Cell yesterday after I got my hat. I thought they might be bulls***ting me.

I wore mine to the 1st game and got caught in the rain. I prefer the brand-new look, so I noticed when it dried that it did lose some of its rigidness (the cap) and was more round-shaped instead.

Edit: I've had mine with the WS patch since October and had kept it dry and as clean as possible since then so it was definitely the water that did it.

Edited by SleepyWhiteSox

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Apr 6, 2006 -> 06:12 PM)
I wore mine to the 1st game and got caught in the rain.  I prefer the brand-new look, so I noticed when it dried that it did lose some of its rigidness (the cap) and was more round-shaped instead.

Heh. I'm the opposite. I'm almost embarassed to wear a hat when it looks new. I like my hat w/ "character."

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Apr 6, 2006 -> 05:14 PM)
Heh.  I'm the opposite.  I'm almost embarassed to wear a hat when it looks new.  I like my hat w/ "character."

I think I remember this being discussed before...

But yeah, all I like to change is the bill which I curve with one of those elastic-band contraptions I got with a cap I bought once. I also wipe the headband with a damp cloth every so often. I treat my newest cap well and looking as new as possible. I wasn't happy when I saw it had gotten a bit stretched out of shape because of the rain.

Then I've got my everyday cap that's disgusting. That one has been with me for about 5 years, still unwashed and filthy.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Apr 6, 2006 -> 05:14 PM)
Heh.  I'm the opposite.  I'm almost embarassed to wear a hat when it looks new.  I like my hat w/ "character."

i invented that phrase.

but anyways, my sox hat is absolutely filthy. (it's the ST hat with the silver brim, i bought it in '03 i believe.)

Your hands feel grimey just from touching it, but I love it to death.

QUOTE(SnB @ Apr 6, 2006 -> 03:35 PM)
but anyways, my sox hat is absolutely filthy.  (it's the ST hat with the silver brim, i bought it in '03 i believe.) 

Your hands feel grimey just from touching it, but I love it to death.

I have one that's falling apart to the point I take it off my head and my head winds up with remnants of the inside lining on it. I think I got it either the year or the year after they switched to the new uniforms.

I bought a new, standard one this year. That hat was put in a hallowed place as of October 26th of last year. It may make future appearances during future Octobers, since, well, it had a little bit of luck in it.

Edited by Balta1701

So it begins. The two teeth are now sitting in a little box on my banister (trying to get a couple bucks for them from the Brain haha). I cannot talk for a couple hours as I have to bite down on the gauze. I have a couple tylenol w/ codeine (sp?) to take if the pain is too much when the novacaine wears off. Starting to now...kinda scared as I do now know what to expct, but I am thinking it will hurt like a b**** (but please do not swell PLEASE!!!).

Tomorrow I get to call the ortho to make the appointment and then chew the receptionist out (well, not really but definitely question that joke of a bill I received).

I'm going to the Dentist in 3 weeks, haven't been for 18 months (my Dentist sends out reminder cards in the mail). So it's time for the max brushing and flossing to begin.

Another Onion instant classic...

Girls Gone Wild Released Back Into Civilization

April 5, 2006 | Issue 42•14

SOUTH PADRE ISLAND, TX—In what wildlifestyle reformation volunteers are calling a "positive step," the first group of rehabilitated Girls Gone Wild were released back into the civilized world Monday, and early signs indicate that they are adjusting smoothly, according to the director of the group responsible for their rescue.

"At first, the girls were disoriented," said Janet Ottley, director of the South Padre Island Wild Life Rescue Foundation. "They were frightened by the absence of familiar comforts such as overt male attention, binge drinking, and camcorders. But over time, we've seen improvement: so far, no reports of nipple exposure, so we're very hopeful."

The 11 girls were captured nearly one month ago during their annual spring migration to the area and then put through an intensive rehabilitation program. "They have come a very long way," Ottley said. "When we first brought them into our clinic, they could barely function beyond baring their breasts, and they communicated solely through loud, sustained hoots."

As their subspecies does every year, the Girls Gone Wild, roaming in packs, flocked to bars and clubs during the spring break migratory season. Lured by drink specials, promotional merchandise, and the chance to "go wild," they were discovered at Señor Chug Chug's, a nightspot where the girls gathered to perform a mating ritual in which brief nudity is exchanged for Jell-O shots and Smirnoff Ice trucker hats.

Rescue volunteers identified the Girls Gone Wild by their torn tank tops, threadbare Daisy Duke-style cutoff shorts, hair extension plumage, and bright orange skin with patterned lower-back markings.

Park ranger Jeff Macken, who assisted in the rescue effort, said they attracted the girls with bright lights similar to those of camera crews. "We had planned to catch them with a net, then sedate them," Macken said. "But we found that shooting them with tranquilizer darts was not as effective as taking a page from nature and putting Rohypnol in their exotic drinks."

The girls were put through an intensive recovery program and, over several weeks, slowly phased back into civilized behavior. Trainers gently conditioned them not only to reduce breast baring, but also to shower alone instead of in pairs or threesomes, and to drink from glasses rather than from each other's navels.

Despite the girls' early positive response, Ottley said that there is still a risk that they could revert to their wild state, so she continued to severely restrict their exposure to the outside world. "Any proximity to a D-list celebrity, a song by Poison, or a neon beer bong could set reintegration back to square one," Ottley said.

In later stages, long-sleeved shirts and full-bottomed panties were reintroduced into their wardrobes. Finally, they were taught to engage in basic economic exchanges, rather than breast-jiggling for plastic beads.

Critics of the program argue that girls, after they've gone wild, can never function at the same level as girls who remain tame, and, once reintroduced into society, pose a threat to non-wild girls.

"Let's face it, they were in the wild too long," said Fort Lauderdale car-show organizer Daryl Dykstra. "At best, they might become spokesmodels, but only through hard work and constant validation." Dykstra reluctantly conceded that they might have some use as Hooters waitresses or tanning-salon clerks.

Ottley disagreed, saying that Girls Gone Wild are "entirely capable" of rejoining society.

"They will be tagged with radio-equipped belly-button rings to alert us of any sign of G-strings or wet T-shirts," Ottley said. "Continual monitoring is essential, because you never really know just how wild these girls could get."

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Apr 8, 2006 -> 12:20 AM)
Despite the girls' early positive response, Ottley said that there is still a risk that they could revert to their wild state, so she continued to severely restrict their exposure to the outside world. "Any proximity to a D-list celebrity, a song by Poison, or a neon beer bong could set reintegration back to square one," Ottley said.

:bang :bang

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Apr 6, 2006 -> 09:06 PM)
I'm going to the Dentist in 3 weeks, haven't been for 18 months (my Dentist sends out reminder cards in the mail). So it's time for the max brushing and flossing to begin.

Screw that. It costs me $90.00 for a cleaning, I'm gonna make my dentist work for it. I load up on Oreo cookies, butterfinger candy bars and coffee right before my appointments.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Apr 9, 2006 -> 06:07 PM)
Opening up a ID studio?  :unsure:

I got carded at the Cell the other day (funny, I know) and my finger was covering part of the date on my I.D. The beer guy barked at me to move my thumb so he could see the date. I thought to myself that if I was under 21, the entire ID card would have that red border around it and there would be no need to look at the date. I didn't say anything back to him because I wasn't sure if they still made them that way.