Catch-All Anything Thread

Texsox

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 9, 2006 -> 08:35 PM)
I got carded at the Cell the other day (funny, I know)  and my finger was covering part of the date on my I.D.  The beer guy barked at me to move my thumb so he could see the date.  I thought to myself that if I was under 21, the entire ID card would have that red border around it and there would be no need to look at the date.  I didn't say anything back to him because I wasn't sure if they still made them that way.

Held your tongue, damn, I'd have helped the guy out. Maybe is was colored blind :D

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 10:37 AM)
That girl at my job who was taking the water pills... she's in the hospital for kidney failure and extreme dehydration. 5'8" ish and 91lbs.  :headshake

Thank you Nicole Ritchie.

Wow! That's terrible. She must look awful. Poor girl. Hopefully now she'll get some help.

QUOTE(Soxy @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 09:41 AM)
Wow! That's terrible. She must look awful. Poor girl. Hopefully now she'll get some help.

She's been on FEML for a few weeks so I haven't seen her but I'm sure she does look horrible.

QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 08:37 AM)
That girl at my job who was taking the water pills... she's in the hospital for kidney failure and extreme dehydration. 5'8" ish and 91lbs.  :headshake

Thank you Nicole Ritchie.

My wife works in a hospital and she has seen some really advanced cases of anorexia and bulimia. Some of the saddest stories I've ever heard. 70 pound women who are convinced that they're obese.

I hope someone can help the girl at your work understand that the outside is far less important than the inside.

Listening to Kevin & Cort on the Playboy channel talking about Hef's 80th Birthday party that was this past weekend... just an suggestion all, ya know, in case you're ever at a party there... don't go in the water in the grotto pool. :puke

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 11:06 AM)
This story ruined my morning.  They played a portion of the phone call on the news this morning.  The boy sounded confused and afraid. 

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=n...orld&id=4065514

I hope they charge that operator with criminal negligence and anything else they can think of.

QUOTE(Soxy @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 10:10 AM)
I hope they charge that operator with criminal negligence and anything else they can think of.

The tape is heartbreaking. She's scodling him and telling him to hang up or she's gonna send the police to his house. His voices freezes up and he just kind of says: "Um..." f***in infuriated me, rant over.

How can one person be that stupid? The kid did sound very calm the first time I heard the tape. It kills me to hear it. I hope that woman feels very bad about that. I hope that little guy's voice is haunting her dreams for a very long time.

Has anyone heard what the station's protocal is for "prank" calls? I can't believe anywhere in their training is they should distinguise from prank and real. With caller ID, they kow it was someone at that location. :headshake

The 911 operator remains on the job amid the investigation, Tate said.

WTF? Whomever made that decision should be fired on the spot. No way does she stay on the phones.

QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 09:47 AM)
I thought SOP for all 911 calls is for an officer to be dispached... :huh ? I remember when my little cousin was playing with the phone and the cops showed up cause he accidentally hit 911.

I can't see how it isn't.

On 93.9 they talked to someone who was either a dispatcher in Chicago or married to one and said they have to dispatch help when a kid calls as well as immediatly call back to see if they can get a hold of someone else while help was arriving.

From the recording it sounded like two different women. If it was, both should be fired and at least the second one should be brought up on negligent homicide charges.

I realize there are many pranks, but this was a little kid that called. Send at least a patrol car and call back.

Edited by Queen Prawn

QUOTE(Middle Buffalo @ Apr 11, 2006 -> 04:13 PM)
My son dropped an ice cream cone today, and, maybe, 2000 ants quickly moved in and made it their ice cream cone.  If I was an ant, I'd become a dentist.

We had an ant problem at our house for quite a while. It's bad enough when they get in your kitchen and start gettin all over your food. :bang

QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 10:47 AM)
I thought SOP for all 911 calls is for an officer to be dispached... :huh ? I remember when my little cousin was playing with the phone and the cops showed up cause he accidentally hit 911.

I sure hope they don't for obvious prank calls...