Catch-All Anything Thread

Texsox

QUOTE(Texsox @ Apr 14, 2006 -> 06:02 PM)
I've been down here so long I don't even blink at 100 degrees. It's what you get use to. 50 degrees has me bundled up in everything I own.

haha....i have the windows down, short sleeves and shorts on in that weather.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(TheBlackSox8 @ Apr 14, 2006 -> 08:20 PM)
haha....i have the windows down, short sleeves and shorts on in that weather.

I use to also, especially in the Spring. The difference is now when it is 100+ I can still walk 18 holes carrying my clubs. Drink more water, look for shade now and then, but the heat really isn't a problem for me.

Now A Bunny Story

Once upon a time there was a man who was peacefully driving down a windy road. Suddenly, a bunny skipped across the road and the man couldn't stop. He hit the bunny head on. The man quickly jumped out of his car to check the scene. There, lying lifeless in the middle of the road, was the Easter Bunny.

The man cried out, "Oh no! I have committed a terrible crime! I have run over the Easter Bunny!"

The man started sobbing quite hard and then he heard another car approaching. It was a woman in a red convertible. The woman stopped and asked what the problem was.The man explained, "I have done something horribly sad. I have run over the Easter Bunny. Now there will be no one to deliver eggs on Easter, and it's all my fault."

The woman ran back to her car. A moment later, she came back carrying a spray bottle. She ran over to the motionless bunny and sprayed it. The bunny immediately sprang up, ran into the woods, stopped, and waved back at the man and woman. Then it ran another 10 feet, stopped, and waved. It then ran another 10 feet, stopped, and waved again. It did this over and over and over again until the man and the woman could no longer see the bunny.

Once out of sight, the man exclaimed, "What is that stuff in that bottle?"

The woman replied, "It's harespray. It revitalizes hare and adds permanent wave."

QUOTE(Texsox @ Apr 15, 2006 -> 10:36 PM)
I use to also, especially in the Spring. The difference is now when it is 100+ I can still walk 18 holes carrying my clubs. Drink more water, look for shade now and then, but the heat really isn't a problem for me.

And enjoy quite a few beers after it. :cheers

When me and my Dad played 18 holes on the Hilton at Sedona last July (weather was about in the high 80's, perfect golf weather), the 1st thing he wanted (and desperately needed) was a Beer. Unfortunately, the clubhouse / restaraunt area was hosting a wedding reception that night. :lol:

Just had the adjustment to my braces yesterday. I was in less pain after having my two teeth pulled. I have been living on generic tylenol since I got home yesterday. I hope the note on in the insurance paperwork was correct that I am looking at 5 more months of this rather than 8...ugh.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Apr 16, 2006 -> 11:04 PM)
LOL, there's another hail storm going on right now.  This is like the 3rd time in just over a week.  That's more hail than I've seen in my life.

Isn't it meant to be Summer up there soon? I should be the one b****ing about the crappy weather. :P :aussie:

Although the parents were saying Utah got some pretty bad storms the other day as well.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Apr 16, 2006 -> 09:56 AM)
Isn't it meant to be Summer up there soon? I should be the one b****ing about the crappy weather.  :P  :aussie:

Although the parents were saying Utah got some pretty bad storms the other day as well.

Hah yep, in June, but the temps have been great lately. And these hail storms aren't too bad. They're short-lived, but they're cool to see.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Apr 16, 2006 -> 11:58 PM)
Hah yep, in June, but the temps have been great lately.  And these hail storms aren't too bad.  They're short-lived, but they're cool to see.

Except when they come in the size of golf balls. Then you've got trouble. :lol:

Why does my MIL seem to think that her kids should be over their father's death when it has only been a few months (4 months almost exactly)?

If she wants her kids in her life, she needs to stop disparaging him in front of them.

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Apr 17, 2006 -> 03:52 PM)
I think you're right Soxy. I would love to do it too.

Couple lefties starting a commune

count me in. :D This area is plaqued by decades of unrestricted pesticide and fertilzer usage which has made the Rio Grande and Arroyo Colorado two of the most polluted rivers in America.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Apr 18, 2006 -> 09:51 AM)
I actually got the four classes I was hoping to get next semester with the fifth right around the corner.

f***ING A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :headbang

^

good to hear ian, my registration went smoothly for the first time ever too. Last semester it took over 2 hours, this time it was like 20 minutes.

Love it. :cheers

Yesterday at work I go to Strack & Van Til (sp?) and buy one of those Monster Energy drinks for a $1.09 right before lunch. Today I stayed home and went to the gas station to buy another of those energy drinks (I’m so addicted to those right now) and they are worth nearly $3.00! What’s up with that!? They’re the same size as the one I bought yesterday yet they were two dollars more!

Sadly I bought the $3 dollar drink. I just couldn’t go back and put the drink back from the fridge I got it from.

QUOTE(Yoda @ Apr 18, 2006 -> 08:02 PM)
Yesterday at work I go to Strack & Van Til (sp?) and buy one of those Monster Energy drinks for a $1.09 right before lunch. Today I stayed home and went to the gas station to buy another of those energy drinks (I’m so addicted to those right now) and they are worth nearly $3.00! What’s up with that!? They’re the same size as the one I bought yesterday yet they were two dollars more!

Sadly I bought the $3 dollar drink. I just couldn’t go back and put the drink back from the fridge I got it from.

You got a deal at $1.09 or the cashier rung it up wrong. They usually go for $3 or so. There is a gas station in Gurnee that sells em for $2.

QUOTE(Brian @ Apr 18, 2006 -> 08:34 PM)
You got a deal at $1.09 or the cashier rung it up wrong. They usually go for $3 or so. There is a gas station in Gurnee that sells em for $2.

I could swear I gave the cashier a dollar bill and a quarter and she gave me change in return. But this gas station by my house didn’t have the price on the drink so I didn’t find out how much it was worth till the cashier displayed the price.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Apr 17, 2006 -> 08:54 PM)
This area is plaqued by decades of unrestricted pesticide and fertilzer usage which has made the Rio Grande and Arroyo Colorado two of the most polluted rivers in America.

What, Me Worry?

blinkytop.gif

Edited by FlaSoxxJim