Catch-All Anything Thread

Texsox

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 6, 2006 -> 07:18 PM)
Me and a few family members went mushroom hunting today. Probably got 55 morels.

Keep those Morel spots closely guarded. man. But I don't have to tell you that.

I really like Morels.

QUOTE(Mplssoxfan @ May 6, 2006 -> 09:35 PM)
Keep those Morel spots closely guarded. man.  But I don't have to tell you that.

I really like Morels.

They are on my uncle's private land. If anyone else finds them, they're in more trouble than just looking for morels.....:D

My dad ate probably half of them tonite.....

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 6, 2006 -> 06:18 PM)
Me and a few family members went mushroom hunting today. Probably got 55 morels.

are you using GPS to mark those spots? Long story but I just heard of a guy who traded his GPS waypoints for some top morel spots for some Scouting memorabilia. The guy was moving, he had a reputation as a real fun-guy expert and someone made an offer. :lolhitting

Some olive oil and butter heating up in a pan, adding some garlic and a little onion, perhaps some scallions, toss in some mushrooms, yummmmmy

QUOTE(Texsox @ May 7, 2006 -> 09:41 AM)
are you using GPS to mark those spots? Long story but I just heard of a guy who traded his GPS waypoints for some top morel spots for some Scouting memorabilia. The guy was moving, he had a reputation as a real fun-guy expert and someone made an offer.  :lolhitting

Some olive oil and butter heating up in a pan, adding some garlic and a little onion, perhaps some scallions, toss in some mushrooms, yummmmmy

G.....

P.....

S?

Nope, we just looked around for em.

I hate it when people answer a question with 'should'.

"Have you seen Dave?" "He should be in his office."

"Has my mail arrived yet?" "It should have"

Yeah, I know it SHOULD have, but it's not really the frickin question now is it?

Thx, I feel better.

Edited by LosMediasBlancas

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ May 8, 2006 -> 02:27 PM)
I hate it when people answer a question with 'should'.

"Have you seen Dave?"  "He should be in his office."     

"Has my mail arrived yet?"  "It should have"

Yeah, I know it SHOULD have, but it's not really the frickin question now is it?

Thx, I feel better.

You should feel better after venting.

:P :D

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ May 8, 2006 -> 07:42 PM)
I've been addicted to these chips ever since I've been here, I suggest you go try a pack (the Salt and Vinegar ones);  :P

http://www.poorebrothers.com/xml/cart/cata...category=100001

At last, something the British are better at than the US in the world of food! I can never get over how BORING most American Crisp (chip) flavours are ( I'm not talking about all the spicy Nacho/ corn chip type things, but the regular potato crisp), cream cheese and chives is about as exiting as it gets. Over here we range from; Prawn Coctail to Tomato Ketchup flavours, through salt and vinegar, cheese and onion, Worcestershire sauce flavours. We even had Hedgehog flavoured for a time!

QUOTE(DePloderer @ May 8, 2006 -> 06:15 PM)
At last, something the British are better at than the US in the world of food! I can never get over how BORING most American Crisp (chip) flavours are ( I'm not talking about all the spicy Nacho/ corn chip type things, but the regular potato crisp), cream cheese and chives is about as exiting as it gets. Over here we range from; Prawn Coctail to Tomato Ketchup flavours, through salt and vinegar, cheese and onion, Worcestershire sauce flavours. We even had Hedgehog flavoured for a time!

I have seen all 3 of these from American chip companies, especially the salt and vinegar those are just about everywhere now and I have no use for a Ketchup flavored chip, that is disgusting.

There were a bunch of Habs fans at the Canes board that were going on and on about how great ketchup chips were. Kinda made my stomach turn thinking about it. Not sure why since I like ketchup on my french fries lol.

How do you help someone that is depressed? The last 6 months or so for Brian have been tough and it seems like the toll is starting to show on him.

He keeps saying that he is just tired, but I know it is more than that. I can hear the flatness in his voice, the frustration when he talks about his job, etc.

I have tried suggesting that if the CFD thing doesn't work, to try to go back to his last job where he was happy (money and vacation wasn't great, but he liked what he did). At FDP, he goes between being a feeder and a second pressman and it is a union shop which means fantastic money, but ball breaking hours. He has at least managed to stand up and say he will not work all weekends, that he wants at least one full weekend off each month. That has helped some, but the presses he works on are some of the biggest piles of crap around. If they were Heidelbergs he would have very little issues with his job other than not acclimating to the third shift.

Just nannering, but hoping someone could give me ideas to cheer him up...

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ May 8, 2006 -> 08:56 PM)

People go to school for a long time to learn how to help someone with depression. Research depression, and if you think he is suffering to that point, have him talk to a counselor.

The standard stuff, hobbies, being active, lots of sex, watching his diet, etc. may help as well :D

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ May 8, 2006 -> 09:56 PM)
How do you help someone that is depressed?  The last 6 months or so for Brian have been tough and it seems like the toll is starting to show on him.

He keeps saying that he is just tired, but I know it is more than that.  I can hear the flatness in his voice, the frustration when he talks about his job, etc.

I have tried suggesting that if the CFD thing doesn't work, to try to go back to his last job where he was happy (money and vacation wasn't great, but he liked what he did).  At FDP, he goes between being a feeder and a second pressman and it is a union shop which means fantastic money, but ball breaking hours.  He has at least managed to stand up and say he will not work all weekends, that he wants at least one full weekend off each month.  That has helped some, but the presses he works on are some of the biggest piles of crap around.  If they were Heidelbergs he would have very little issues with his job other than not acclimating to the third shift.

www.victoriassecret.com

:P

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ May 8, 2006 -> 09:56 PM)
How do you help someone that is depressed?  The last 6 months or so for Brian have been tough and it seems like the toll is starting to show on him.

He keeps saying that he is just tired, but I know it is more than that.  I can hear the flatness in his voice, the frustration when he talks about his job, etc.

I have tried suggesting that if the CFD thing doesn't work, to try to go back to his last job where he was happy (money and vacation wasn't great, but he liked what he did).  At FDP, he goes between being a feeder and a second pressman and it is a union shop which means fantastic money, but ball breaking hours.  He has at least managed to stand up and say he will not work all weekends, that he wants at least one full weekend off each month.  That has helped some, but the presses he works on are some of the biggest piles of crap around.  If they were Heidelbergs he would have very little issues with his job other than not acclimating to the third shift.

I can tell you from experience that going to a job you hate everyday sucks. It literally just drains you.

The big thing is to try to work him towards something new and better to give him some hope. Even if it doesn't bring immediate gratification, keep trying because somedays frankly nothing will help. Help look for other jobs, or get him to go back to school, or try for a promotion, or whatever is the next logical step for him.

Good luck, its a thankless postion to be in.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 9, 2006 -> 09:12 AM)
I can tell you from experience that going to a job you hate everyday sucks.  It literally just drains you.

The big thing is to try to work him towards something new and better to give him some hope.  Even if it doesn't bring immediate gratification, keep trying because somedays frankly nothing will help.  Help look for other jobs, or get him to go back to school, or try for a promotion, or whatever is the next logical step for him. 

Good luck, its a thankless postion to be in.

That's been what I am doing. I am just not used to seeing him like this. This is something he would always go to his dad about (to get perspective mostly and to get a kick in the ass). I do think part of is that he doesn't have him to go to and he has tried to go to his older brother and doesn't get much conversation out of it.

So I've never had a detention in school before and I'm in 11th grade. And I got three today. THREE DETENTIONS IN ONE DAY. The attendance office at my school is a bunch of b****es and attendance nazis, my parents left early this morning and couldn't wake me up like they usually do and my alarm didn't go off like it usually does, so I missed my first hour. The result? Two detentions.

Later in the day now.. At my school, the lights dim down 30 seconds before the passing period is over so you can hurry up and get to class on time. Before 9th hour, they decide to stop working and I am literally one second late for class. My teacher gives me a tardy, the 3rd one this semester (all related to the lights not turning off) which results in a detention. The third one of my day.

Thennn at work tonight I get told I need to come in tomorrow night...my only day off this week. Vent over/