Catch-All Anything Thread

Texsox

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 08:01 AM)
No, unfortunately.

Mandatory overtime at this f***ing useless job killed the idea for me.

It's also killing tonight's game for me.

And it's killing any chance of my attending my daughter's T-ball game tomorrow night.

I really want out of this pile of s*** job.

I hope you're not on salary then.

Just saw this bulletin:

Child Abduction Emergency

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED CHILD ABDUCTION EMERGENCY...CORRECTED ILLINOIS STATE POLICE SPRINGFIELD IL RELAYED BY NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE LINCOLN IL 120 PM CDT WED JUN 7 2006

AT THE REQUEST OF THE ROCK ISLAND COUNTY SHERIFFS DEPARTMENT...AN AMBER alert HAS BEEN ISSUED.

THE VICTIM IS MICHAEL ALLEN BRYANT... MALE...WHITE...13 YEARS OLD... BORN MAY 23 1993. HE IS 5 FOOT 5 INCHES... 165 POUNDS...WITH BROWN HAIR...BLUE EYES. HE IS WEARING A BLUE AND WHITE STRIPED SHIRT...LONG JEAN SHORTS... AND TAN "VANS" SHOES.

THE ABDUCTOR IS DONALD ALLEN BRYANT... MALE...WHITE...40 YEARS OLD... 5 FOOT 7 INCHES TALL...WEIGHT 145 POUNDS. HE HAS BROWN HAIR...BROWN EYES. HE IS WEARING A GREY T-SHIRT...BLUE JEANS... AND A BLACK BALL CAP. HE HAS A CLEAN SHAVEN HEAD.

THE VEHICLE IS A GREY 1995 TOYOTA... POSSIBLY WITH TEMPORARY LICENSE PLATES ON THE VEHICLE.

THE SUSPECT LOST A CUSTODY CASE...AND TOOK THE CHILD FROM THE COURT HOUSE IN ROCK ISLAND AT 11:15 AM ON WEDNESDAY JUNE 7. THE SUSPECT HAS A HISTORY OF METH USE AND DOMESTIC VIOLENCE...AND HAS THREATENED THE CHILD IN PAST.

THEY ARE POSSIBLY IN ROUTE TO ANDOVER ILLINOIS...WHERE THE SUSPECT HAS BEEN STAYING FOR THE LAST YEAR.

ANYONE WITH INFORMATION IS ASKED TO CONTACT 9-1-1 AND ADVISE THEY HAVE INFORMATION ON THE AMBER alert.

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 01:36 PM)
Wait...

You haven't had the full on assault on the senses that is also known as

THE WIGGLES!!!

I have, and it gets changed immediately. She actually likes Big, Big World way better which is on at the sametime thankfully.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 01:09 PM)
Well if were up to me, Bus Driver Bob's theme song would be a lot less catchy :bang

Easily replaced with:

You take the good, you take the bad,

you take them both and there you have

The Facts of Life, the Facts of Life.

There's a time you got to go and show

You're growin' now you know about

The Facts of Life, the Facts of Life.

When the world never seems

to be livin up to your dreams

And suddenly you're finding out

the Facts of Life are all about you, you.

It takes a lot to get 'em right

When you're learning the Facts of Life. (learning the Facts of Life)

Learning the Facts of Life (learning the Facts of Life)

Learning the Facts of Life.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 05:04 AM)
Haha. So I was watching MTV, and this guy I had a Spanish class with freshman year was definitely on that Parental Date Show. Extremely random.

Date my Mom? I saw an epsiode or 2 of that when I was at Utah. It looked like one of the guys would rather "get it on" with the parent and not the daughter. :ph34r:

QUOTE(whitesoxin @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 11:44 PM)
Does anybody know how it is possible for every teenage girl to have the best friends in the world?

The secret of every teenage girl's best friend?? Amazingly, it's. . . the 220V to 110V international stepdown voltage convertor.

No, I don't know what that means either. :)

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 12:04 AM)
The secret of every teenage girl's best friend?? Amazingly, it's. . . the 220V to 110V international stepdown voltage convertor.

No, I don't know what that means either. :)

That's funny, most women in their twenties have AAs as their best friends. . .

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 10, 2006 -> 06:41 PM)
Have you ever heard a catchier tune? I find my self singing that song constantly.

Everytime I get in an elevator for the last week, I've done a little dance and started singing. I either draw really strange looks, or someone will say "I hate that commercial."

QUOTE(SnB @ Jun 10, 2006 -> 07:42 PM)
OH MY GOD

i have been singing that all day, my coworkers thought i was nuts.

http://media.wlup.com/AV/video/tv_spot/jb_tv_5-06.mov

I seriously hate you, the last thing I needed was an internet stream of that f***ing commercial, now I probably won't be able to help myself and I'll end up watching it a few times a day successfully burning it into my f***ing brain forever. I already try to avoid ESPN the best I can because they play the commercial constantly.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 10, 2006 -> 07:51 PM)
I seriously hate you, the last thing I needed was an internet stream of that f***ing commercial, now I probably won't be able to help myself and I'll end up watching it a few times a day successfully burning it into my f***ing brain forever. I already try to avoid ESPN the best I can because they play the commercial constantly.

:)

at least the chick's hot

QUOTE(SnB @ Jun 10, 2006 -> 07:42 PM)
OH MY GOD

i have been singing that all day, my coworkers thought i was nuts.

http://media.wlup.com/AV/video/tv_spot/jb_tv_5-06.mov

All that would have fit better here...

Horrible commercial.

The construction worker did look like a fat brian anderson though...