Catch-All Anything Thread

Texsox

QUOTE(whitesoxin @ Jun 10, 2006 -> 10:57 PM)
So I just worked for 14 hours today. At Dairy Queen. When I went in at 9 a.m. I was scheduled to work until 2...which is 5 hours. I worked 9 hours more than I was expecting to when I went in this morning.

You better be getting free blizzards out the ass.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[vent] I will never understand why my mother-in-law thinks she can talk s*** about Brian to me and think I will just smile and agree. I am so close to telling what I really think, that it isn't even funny. [/vent]

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 11:24 AM)
[vent] I will never understand why my mother-in-law thinks she can talk s*** about Brian to me and think I will just smile and agree. I am so close to telling what I really think, that it isn't even funny. [/vent]

Just don't pretend that speaking your mind will change anything about her, Queen.

Telling her what you think will make you feel better, but it won't improve anything.

I'm not saying you SHOULDN'T tell her what you think, but just understand what will result from it.

I'm sure you already know this, though.

I feel EXTREMELY lucky that both of our Moms stay out of our business and get along well with us and each other. It's a blessing, to be sure.

I know and that is the most frustrating part.

This is another item in a long list of why I miss my father-in-law so much. He would crack me up and tell me to just let it go as no good can come of it and then let Brian and myself vent to him and we would all end up laughing and feeling better within a few minutes. Father's Day will be tough this year (it looks like it will be Brian's first visit to his dad's gravesite too).

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 11:48 AM)
I know and that is the most frustrating part.

This is another item in a long list of why I miss my father-in-law so much. He would crack me up and tell me to just let it go as no good can come of it and then let Brian and myself vent to him and we would all end up laughing and feeling better within a few minutes. Father's Day will be tough this year (it looks like it will be Brian's first visit to his dad's gravesite too).

Oh s***, wish Brian luck for me. I don't care how bad-ass anyone is, the first visit to a parent's gravesite is HARD.

I have only managed about 10 visits to my dad's gravesite since he died in 1980.

I just think about going there and it starts to hit me.

I prefer to think about the good times we had, rather than staring at his name on a plaque on the ground.

QUOTE(SnB @ Jun 10, 2006 -> 11:01 PM)
You better be getting free blizzards out the ass.

Yeah don't worry I take care of that. It's fairly ridiculus how much food I take and don't pay for and how much I hook up my friends. My boss is a greedy asshole though so I don't feel bad.

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 11:24 AM)

Jim's sister once made the mistake of telling me her brother did something she didn't like regarding his daughter... I simply pointed to her daughter (who gives Rosemary's baby a run for her $$) and said "do you really want to comparing parenting skills...?"

Never happened again. If it was his mom I probably wouldn't have said anything though. You have to pick your battles with the in-laws that's for sure.

I remember a post Soxy made a few weeks back about her playing Tennis.

Well I played for the 1st time today for about 3 years. And boy did it show. Great game though, especially when you are playing doubles.

I played baseball for the first time in forever on Sunday. I was able to snap off a few good hooks, so of course I got geeked and was throwing it every other pitch. My elbow feels like there's 50 hot needles poking through it. I think I need Tommy John surgery. :P

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 13, 2006 -> 11:24 PM)
I played baseball for the first time in forever on Sunday. I was able to snap off a few good hooks, so of course I got geeked and was throwing it every other pitch. My elbow feels like there's 50 hot needles poking through it. I think I need Tommy John surgery. :P

Now you know how Kerry Wood feels. :lol:

(Ok that was too predictable).

Never Argue with a Woman

One morning the husband returns after several hours of fishing and decides to take a nap.

Although not familiar with the lake, the wife decides to take the boat out.

She motors out a short distance,

anchors, and reads her book.

Along comes a Game Warden in his boat.

He pulls up alongside the woman and says,

"Good morning, Ma'am. What are you doing?"

"Reading a book," she replies, (thinking, "Isn't that obvious? ")

"You're in a Restricted Fishing Area," he informs her.

"I'm sorry, officer, but I'm not fishing. I'm reading."

"Yes, but you have all the equipment. For all I know you could start at any moment.

I'll have to take you in and write you up."

"If you do that, I'll have to charge you with sexual assault," says the woman.

"But I haven't even touched you!" says the game warden.

"That's true, but you have all the equipment.

For all I know,

you could start at any moment."

"Have a nice day ma'am," and he left.

MORAL: Never argue with a woman who reads.

It's likely she can also think.

QUOTE(Soxy @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 10:09 AM)
Hahaha, I just got an e-mail from Steven Holt. STEVE HOLT!

Whch one, the photojournalist, the songwriter, the vegetarian bodybuilder, the jazz pianist, or the on-set medic for Dawn of the Dead??

I loves me some Google.

:D

Tip for those of you entering the "real business world" soon. The two MOST important pieces of infomation on a voice message are your name and your phone number. I can't tell you how many times people either forget to leave a phone number, or speed through their message so quickly that I'm unable to pick up either one.

*sigh* There I feel better.