Catch-All Anything Thread

Texsox

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Jun 16, 2006 -> 12:49 PM)
I'm performing (guitar/singing) live in front of an audience for the first time ever tonight. It's just an open mike night and I'm still nervous.

I'll be performing under the pseudonym of "Stereo Mic"

2 shots, 30 mins. prior and you'll be aaight.

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 01:43 PM)
The Colbert Report has very much come into its own. When it first started, I found myself unable to watch beyond the Word. Now that the show has settled down somewhat, it's gotten a lot funnier.

His ears kinda distract me sometimes... -_-

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Jun 16, 2006 -> 01:49 PM)
I'm performing (guitar/singing) live in front of an audience for the first time ever tonight. It's just an open mike night and I'm still nervous.

I'll be performing under the pseudonym of "Stereo Mic"

Smash your guitar after you're done. It'll kill. ;)

Break a leg! :cheers

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Jun 16, 2006 -> 05:10 PM)
Steven Colbert? Really?

According to da Wiki.

Colbert is deaf in his right ear, as he has no ear drum in his right ear. "I always wanted to be a marine biologist ... but then I had this ear problem. I have no ear drum. (Flicks his ear.) So I had this operation at the Medical University when I was a kid. Now I can't get my head wet. I mean, I can, but I can't really scuba dive or anything like that. So that killed my marine biology hopes."[21] He once joked to The New Yorker that "I had this weird tumor as a kid, and they scooped it out with a melon baller."[22] On March 16, 2006, Colbert featured a review from Orlando Sentinel columnist Commander Coconut in his "Who's Attacking Me Now?" segment. The review stated that Coconut was unable to pay attention to anything but Colbert's ears, as his right one sticks out slightly. In a call to Coconut regarding the review, Colbert stated that the doctor also noticed it stuck out slightly when he pulled the tumor out. Colbert continued his diatribe for several minutes to the growing mortification of Coconut. After the replay of the phone conversation, however, Colbert stated that he had not in fact had a tumor in his ear.

How am I suposed to react when somebody tells me that I can't stand up and piss in their house? My boss today told me "When you are in my house, you don't do that s***. You sit down and piss. Those little particles get all over my house and make it smell like s*** when you do that s***"

QUOTE(whitesoxin @ Jun 17, 2006 -> 06:05 PM)
How am I suposed to react when somebody tells me that I can't stand up and piss in their house? My boss today told me "When you are in my house, you don't do that s***. You sit down and piss. Those little particles get all over my house and make it smell like s*** when you do that s***"

laugh. ask if he's joking. if not, sit down to piss or don't piss at his house... :huh

Edited by Goldmember

URGENT - CHILD AMBER alert

IOWA DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFTEY

RELAYED BY NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DES MOINES IA

548 PM CDT SUN JUN 18 2006

IOWA

******** AMBER alert ********

****** PLEASE BROADCAST IMMEDIATELY ******

ABDUCTION INFORMATION

DATE ABDUCTED: JUNE 18TH...2006

TIME ABDUCTED: 100 PM

LOCATION OF ABDUCTION: LEMARS...IA

DIRECTION OF TRAVEL/DESTINATION:

IOWA AND ILLINOIS

CHILD INFORMATION: TWO FEMALE JUVINILES AGES 16 AND 17

SUSPECT VEHICLE

COLOR: GREEN YEAR: 1997 MAKE: PONTIAC

MODEL: SUNFIRE STYLE: 2 DOOR

OTHER CHARACTERISTICS: PINK FLOWEREY LIGHTNING STRIKE DECALS ON DOORS

LICENSE PLATE & STATE OF ISSUANCE: 789PSQ IOWA

CHILD INFORMATION

NAME: JANET FRANCES HAUGEN

RACE: WHITE

HEIGHT: 5 FEET 9 INCHES

WEIGHT: 130 POUNDS

HAIR: BLACK

EYES: HAZEL

OTHER: LONG DARK HAIR WITH BLOND STREAK

CLOTHING:

SHIRT/BLOUSE: UNKNOWN

PANTS/SKIRT/JEANS/SHORTS: SHORTS - COLOR UNKNOWN

SHOES: SANDALS

OUTERWEAR AND HEADWEAR:

CHILD INFORMATION

NAME: CHASSA MARIE NORRIS

HEIGHT: 5 FEET 9 INCHES

WEIGHT: 116 POUNDS

HAIR: BROWN

EYES: HAZEL

OTHER:

CLOTHING:

PANTS/SKIRT/JEANS/SHORTS: UNKNOWN

SHOES: UNKNOWN

OUTERWEAR AND HEADWEAR: UNKNOWN

ABDUCTOR INFORMATION

NAME: NATHAN JOHN HEMMINGSEN

HEIGHT: 5 FEET 7 INCHES

WEIGHT: 165 POUNDS

HAIR: BLACK

EYES: BROWN

OTHER:

BUSHY DARK HAIR USUALLY WEARS A BALL CAP

CLOTHING:

PANTS/SKIRT/JEANS/SHORTS: UNKOWN

SHOES: UNKNOWN

OUTERWEAR AND HEADWEAR:

CONTACT INFORMATION

DEPARTMENT: LEMARS POLICE DEPARTMENT

CONTACT PERSON: OFFICER JUSTIN DAALE

TELEPHONE NUMBER: 712-546-4113

FAX NUMBER: 712-548-4344

MEDIA CONTACT NUMBER: 712-546-4113

PRESS BRIEFING DATE/TIME/LOCATION:

AGENCY CASE NUMBER:

AUTHORITY: CAPTAIN TODD MISEL IOWA STATE PATROL DES MOINES

****** ALL ABDUCTORS SHOULD BE CONSIDERED DANGEROUS

QUOTE(whitesoxin @ Jun 17, 2006 -> 07:05 PM)

You ask him why his piss smells like s*** and not piss?

Straight out of the "Its a small world" category of life...

OK My Dad's side of the family are Gresham's, and my moms are Lind's, now pay attention as this is kinda important.

My mom is a nurse, and has worked at various nursing homes for about 20 years now. The latest place she has been working at, she takes care of a 86 year old second cousin of my dads. My parents divorced over 20 years ago, but my mom kept the Gresham name to minimize problems related to having a different name than her kids. The old guy instantly catches on to the fact that they have the same last name, and they become friends. Saturday mom goes into work, and sees the old guys family with him, so she goes over and introduces himself. She no sooner gets her name out, than the guy's son saids "You are Swede's daughter aren't you?" Swede was the nickname for my grandpa on my moms side (her dad). It turns out that my Grandpa Lind trained this particular Gresham at the South Shore railroad as an electrician on the lines. They worked together for about 15 years, and when my Grandpa retired because of lung cancer, he took over his position as head of the department. Basically the guys who worked the lines were like a family, so he remembered my mom and her two sisters from when they were little, and has a bunch of pictures from working with my Grandpa Lind, plus a bunch of pictures of my Grandpa Gresham, and the rest of that side of the family, and he is going to bring them in next time he visits his dad, for my mom to see.

Wild stuff.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 19, 2006 -> 09:57 AM)
Straight out of the "Its a small world" category of life...

OK My Dad's side of the family are Gresham's, and my moms are Lind's, now pay attention as this is kinda important.

My mom is a nurse, and has worked at various nursing homes for about 20 years now. The latest place she has been working at, she takes care of a 86 year old second cousin of my dads. My parents divorced over 20 years ago, but my mom kept the Gresham name to minimize problems related to having a different name than her kids. The old guy instantly catches on to the fact that they have the same last name, and they become friends. Saturday mom goes into work, and sees the old guys family with him, so she goes over and introduces himself. She no sooner gets her name out, than the guy's son saids "You are Swede's daughter aren't you?" Swede was the nickname for my grandpa on my moms side (her dad). It turns out that my Grandpa Lind trained this particular Gresham at the South Shore railroad as an electrician on the lines. They worked together for about 15 years, and when my Grandpa retired because of lung cancer, he took over his position as head of the department. Basically the guys who worked the lines were like a family, so he remembered my mom and her two sisters from when they were little, and has a bunch of pictures from working with my Grandpa Lind, plus a bunch of pictures of my Grandpa Gresham, and the rest of that side of the family, and he is going to bring them in next time he visits his dad, for my mom to see.

Wild stuff.

That is all kinds of cool. Neat when you uncover intertwined generations of families like that.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jun 20, 2006 -> 12:10 PM)
I feel like watching The Karate Kid. Too bad it's not on TV nor do I own it.

Sweep the leg!

YOU'RE THE BEST AROUND, NOTHING CAN EVER KEEP YA DOWN

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 20, 2006 -> 11:15 AM)
Went to Northerly Island for a concert Saturday night... :ph34r: ... that place is one hellofa venue. Not a bad seat in the house. Small and intimate. Highly recommended.

I keep hearing good things about it. I snoozed on the Black Crowes show.

Who'd you see?