Catch-All Anything Thread

Texsox

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you were interviewing someone.. and they said "I don't feel I have enough exp to do this job", would you say "ok.. bubye..." or consider hiring and training them. Say their proficiency level was about 70%...

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 10:52 AM)
I've never watched one second of American Idol, but I've seen the Ford commercial that guy is doing.

He sux every ass. How bad were the people he beat out?

^^^

HAHA, yes, he is horrible. I didn't see a single episode of the show but I've heard him sing a few times, horrid. Even worse is that they play that commercial non-stop during Sox games.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 03:53 PM)
^^^

HAHA, yes, he is horrible. I didn't see a single episode of the show but I've heard him sing a few times, horrid. Even worse is that they play that commercial non-stop during Sox games.

.....and they do that quick cut down to his feet and he's doing some kind of lame ass, James Brown foot shuffle thing. :lolhitting

Parents flying in from AZ at 6pm. Lucky me gets to sit in traffic for 90 mins. I keep asking em to fly in at like 10pm, but no, they can't do their best, and only, son a favor.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 04:50 PM)
If you were interviewing someone.. and they said "I don't feel I have enough exp to do this job", would you say "ok.. bubye..." or consider hiring and training them. Say their proficiency level was about 70%...

Whats your gut feeling about him?

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 09:22 AM)
Whats your gut feeling about him?

And have there been any other or better candidates for the position?

If not, I'd probably go for it, if you had to make a decision here and now.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 09:50 PM)

Bye Bye Baby.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 12:11 PM)
Any Cirque De Solei fans here? 'Corteo' is coming to town.

I am going to be dragged to it.

I saw one of their shows a bunch of years ago, and that was enough for me......or so I thought.

I apparently will also take in their Vegas show next year.

hooray?

^^^

You guys are gonna judge him from a commercial? GMAB

Taylor's great. He puts on a great love show and has a huge following. Ignore the Ford commercial and his new American Idol-produced single. He'll last in the biz and make good music. He is definitely worth catching live. He played here in Birmingham last weekend, twice. Once, just rippin on the harmonica with Snoop Dog and Sunday with his former band, Little Memphis Blues Orchestra. If you are looking for a largely commercial voice, you are looking at the wrong guy.

Edited by Rex Hudler

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 10:13 PM)
You guys are gonna judge him from a commercial? GMAB

Taylor's great. He puts on a great love show and has a huge following. Ignore the Ford commercial and his new American Idol-produced single. He'll last in the biz and make good music. He is definitely worth catching live. He played here in Birmingham last weekend, twice. Once, just rippin on the harmonica with Snoop Dog and Sunday with his former band, Little Memphis Blues Orchestra. If you are looking for a largely commercial voice, you are looking at the wrong guy.

Actually:

^^^

So, I'm not judging him off of some stupid ass commercial, I'm just not a big fan of his sound and believe me I am not one to hate on unique styles (anyone who knows what kind of music I like can vouch for this). It's just something about his singing that I'm not a fan of.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 10:49 PM)
Actually:

So, I'm not judging him off of some stupid ass commercial, I'm just not a big fan of his sound and believe me I am not one to hate on unique styles (anyone who knows what kind of music I like can vouch for this). It's just something about his singing that I'm not a fan of.

His anti Mike Caruso stance?

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 10:49 PM)
Actually:

If you haven't seen the show, then what have you heard him sing?

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 09:34 PM)
I am going to be dragged to it.

I saw one of their shows a bunch of years ago, and that was enough for me......or so I thought.

I apparently will also take in their Vegas show next year.

hooray?

WOW, dragged? I've been trying to see them forever and never have.

One of my wife's students and members of steering committee died in a car crash on Saturday. Her and a girlfriend we driving on a two lane HWY to a soccer camp, the girl driving was on the cellphone to her boyfriend, and while in a series of gentle S-curves faded onto the right shoulder, over corrected and was hit broadside by a mini-van killing the passenger instantly and putting the girl driving into intensive care.

There is nothing more tragic than a young life full of potential cut short.

:pray

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 10:50 AM)
WOW, dragged? I've been trying to see them forever and never have.

Yeah, I'm not into it.

The wife is.

She goes to the stuff I like, so I grit my teeth into a pretty smile and deal with it.

But I don't really enjoy it.