Catch-All Anything Thread

Texsox

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 11:32 AM)
So, the Doctor my fiancee goes to yesterday tells her that she needs to get a CAT scan, wait 3 hours, then set another appointment to see that same doctor. She sets the CAT scan appointment this morning, calls the doctor back to ask for another appointment, and the Doctor's office won't give one to her that day. She asks for a later day, and still can't get an appointment. She's now pissed at me because I can't tell her what she should do.

God I hate our health care system so much.

Tell her to tell the receptionists that the doctor wants to see her the day of the scan. If they can't make it so then screw them and let the doctor deal with his office folks.

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 11:41 AM)
She should get the doctor on the phone since he said to do that. With my ortho, if he wants you back the same day he goes up there and tells them to or else we would get the same response she is.

^^^. Half the time the receptionists don't know what the hell is going on.

Larry the Cable Guy's real name is Dan Whitney. He attended a private school in Nebraska until the age of 16.

This video is of Dan Whitney, long before he realized that he would never get anywhere with his "Grandma dragging her wet ass on the carpet" routine, and long before he changed his name, look, accent, attitude and material to pander to southern audiences that didn't realize he was just insulting them.

Git R' Done!

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 12:23 PM)
Larry the Cable Guy's real name is Dan Whitney. He attended a private school in Nebraska until the age of 16.

This video is of Dan Whitney, long before he realized that he would never get anywhere with his "Grandma dragging her wet ass on the carpet" routine, and long before he changed his name, look, accent, attitude and material to pander to southern audiences that didn't realize he was just insulting them.

Git R' Done!

I really don't like their comedy much, but I'll respect their ability to find a niche and basically milk it for all it's worth...Anyways, that mullet and white sneakers with slacks is pretty hillbilly if you ask me, and I wouldn't consider any part of nebraska an urban mecca...

AT THE REQUEST OF THE STREATOR POLICE DEPARTMENT, THE ILLINOIS STATE EMERGENCY alert SYSTEM IS ACTIVATED FOR AN AMBER alert.

CORY A COYNE IS A WHITE THREE AND A HALF YEAR OLD BOY, WHO IS 3 FEET TALL, WEIGHS 40 POUNDS, HAS BLONDE HAIR AND BLUE EYES. HE IS WEARING A HORIZONTAL STRIPED BLUE AND BEIGE SHIRT, TAN PANTS AND RED AND BLACK STAR WARS SHOES. HE HAS A BIRTHMARK ON HIS RIGHT ELBOW. KAYLA C COYNE IS A WHITE 6 YEAR OLD FEMALE, WHO IS 3 FEET 6 INCHES TALL...WEIGHS 50 POUNDS, AND HAS STRAWBERRY BLONDE HAIR AND BLUE EYES. SHE IS WEARING A WHITE SHIRT WITH ORANGE WRITING... ORANGE SHORTS AND BLACK BARBIE CLOGS.

ABDUCTOR...WILLIAM R COLLINS IS A 30 YEAR OLD MALE WHITE...WHO IS 6 FEET 1 INCHES TALL, WEIGHS 185 POUNDS...HAS SHAVED HEAD AND BLUE EYES. SUBJECT IS DRIVING A TAN 1997 OLDSMOBILE. ILLINOIS LICENSE 8 1 6 1 9 4 5. LAST SEEN IN JOLIET ILLINOIS AT 1130 PM ON JULY 20 2006.

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 01:34 PM)
AT THE REQUEST OF THE STREATOR POLICE DEPARTMENT, THE ILLINOIS STATE EMERGENCY alert SYSTEM IS ACTIVATED FOR AN AMBER alert.

CORY A COYNE IS A WHITE THREE AND A HALF YEAR OLD BOY, WHO IS 3 FEET TALL, WEIGHS 40 POUNDS, HAS BLONDE HAIR AND BLUE EYES. HE IS WEARING A HORIZONTAL STRIPED BLUE AND BEIGE SHIRT, TAN PANTS AND RED AND BLACK STAR WARS SHOES. HE HAS A BIRTHMARK ON HIS RIGHT ELBOW. KAYLA C COYNE IS A WHITE 6 YEAR OLD FEMALE, WHO IS 3 FEET 6 INCHES TALL...WEIGHS 50 POUNDS, AND HAS STRAWBERRY BLONDE HAIR AND BLUE EYES. SHE IS WEARING A WHITE SHIRT WITH ORANGE WRITING... ORANGE SHORTS AND BLACK BARBIE CLOGS.

ABDUCTOR...WILLIAM R COLLINS IS A 30 YEAR OLD MALE WHITE...WHO IS 6 FEET 1 INCHES TALL, WEIGHS 185 POUNDS...HAS SHAVED HEAD AND BLUE EYES. SUBJECT IS DRIVING A TAN 1997 OLDSMOBILE. ILLINOIS LICENSE 8 1 6 1 9 4 5. LAST SEEN IN JOLIET ILLINOIS AT 1130 PM ON JULY 20 2006.

Son of a beach. I hope they catch this bastard and the children are safe.

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 04:09 PM)
Police have canceled an Amber alert for two children from Streator, Ill.

The brother and sister, ages 3 and 6, are in police custody as of 2:45 p.m.

Yay!

QUOTE(maggliopipe @ Jul 27, 2006 -> 12:18 AM)
sour cream is delicious. sometimes when no one is looking i pull the container out of the fridge and a spoon out of the utensils drawer and eat a few tablespoons of it. or dollops, to be more accurate.

Alright, I'll bite. Sometimes when nobody is looking, I pop open the fridge, pull out the A1 sauce and take a sweet sip.

QUOTE(SnB @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 10:36 AM)
so we all went tarp sliding last night, no wonder people were worried about mark getting injured, this bruise on my hip is HUGE

You know...maybe that's the reason for Buehrle's last 5 games...

OK this is bizarre...

I tried to go to Padora.com today and stream myself some background music, but it wouldn't play for any more than 30 seconds at a time. I just figured that there was something wrong with the site, or possibly on my end, but wrote it off.

So just now I tried to play an embedded video file at CBS2news, and I only got through the first 30 seconds before the sound cut out, with the video stopping seconds later.

So I was curious as to what the problem was and went to Youtube.com. Sure enough, I can only watch the first 30 seconds of video at YouTube.

Firefox updated itself yesterday, or the day before here, but I've been able to view flash files since then. Something is amiss today. Something is different I guess, but I have no clue what it is.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 12:59 PM)
OK this is bizarre...

I tried to go to Padora.com today and stream myself some background music, but it wouldn't play for any more than 30 seconds at a time. I just figured that there was something wrong with the site, or possibly on my end, but wrote it off.

So just now I tried to play an embedded video file at CBS2news, and I only got through the first 30 seconds before the sound cut out, with the video stopping seconds later.

So I was curious as to what the problem was and went to Youtube.com. Sure enough, I can only watch the first 30 seconds of video at YouTube.

Firefox updated itself yesterday, or the day before here, but I've been able to view flash files since then. Something is amiss today. Something is different I guess, but I have no clue what it is.

So, I did the same Firefox update, and Youtube is working fine for me.

Just came back from Orlando, FL and I must say I thank god that I'm still young, wish I was 21 though.. :( Basically one more year to go though. :) Florida has very consistant weather. It's eigher Hot-humid, rains-hot-humid or is hot-humid.