Catch-All Anything Thread

Texsox

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Aug 3, 2006 -> 07:25 PM)
I'm dumb with computers...how do you save a video like from youtube or myspace, if possible?

If you use Firefox you can download this extension which is pretty much the spiff, it allows you to download any streaming video over the internet.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Aug 4, 2006 -> 12:46 AM)
Oscar on NBC's The Office is the most subtly gay character on TV since Murphy Brown.

If you saw the ep where Dwight went to Oscar's house then you wouldn't call it subtle. :D

What the hell happened to Crucial Conflict? Man those mo fo's were f*cking talented. They were not like Bone as many people suggest. Another Chi-Town crew representin too.

A shame when I think of so many talents in any music/sport/etc. that just had mad talent and was basically wasted in some sort of way.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Aug 4, 2006 -> 04:24 PM)
I bet it got killed horribly.

Yes, but now it will never have to die again.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 4, 2006 -> 04:27 PM)
Mark Teahen is an ugly man.

Your God damn right he is, and if the Sox woulda stepped up on Wednesday you wouldn't have to be forced to admire his ugly mug.

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Aug 4, 2006 -> 12:46 AM)
Oscar on NBC's The Office is the most subtly gay character on TV since Murphy Brown.

it's not really all that subtle if you've seen the ep where dwight tries to catch him "calling in sick"

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 4, 2006 -> 08:19 AM)
If you saw the ep where Dwight went to Oscar's house then you wouldn't call it subtle. :D

god damnit :angry: :P

If you could send good thoughts and prayers to my 3 year old nephew (his bday was 8-3) it would be appreciated.

He had a doctor's appointment for a check up yesterday and it looks like more tests have been ordered. They feel he is too short and are trying to see if there might be anything specific causing it. Since he is 3 and still cannot handle dairy, they are also putting him through some testing to officially diagnose it as lactose intolerance (the sperm donor has this as well so it wouldn't be a huge surprise).

He goes for the tests in about a month and in the mean time he (mom) has to keep a diary of what he eats every day. He does take vitamins every day, but we are hoping that at worst it will be calcium supplements.

The doctors didn't give my sister any idea of what they suspect might be the issue so we are all a little rattled at the idea something could be wrong with our little Dude.

Oh, I had to share this. When I went to seem him on his birthday, I brought a cake, ice cream and some presents. As soon as he saw me he asks, "Are you bringing me my happy birthday?!" He was so excited to see me which melted my heart. We played catch for about an hour (he kept changing the "ball" we were playing catch with haha) and his friends came by. We ate dinner, then cake and then the presents. While he was opening them, his "girlfriend" Lexi was helping him and her mom told her no and then my nephew told Lexi's mom it was okay she was helping him. He was so excited to get the "Little People" CDs and DVD that I bought him as well as the overalls (the pants and shirts he liked but didn't get excited over haha).

Thanks. I just looked up some info at WebMD and it looks like a side effect of lactose intolerance in small children is growth issues (most of the other symptoms listed were him to a T except the "growing out of it by the time they are a year or two"). Hopefully it can be treated by supplements, and at worst, human growth hormone (or something like it).

So I got a pretty freaky E-Mail at work today. One of my work mates and his girlfriend are currently on holday in El Salvador. He had a bad day, because his surf board had broke, and then he got ripped off by some locals for a supposedly new one, that was pretty much just glued and sticky taped back together.

But then he went for a walk, and got involved in an "incident". 2 locals walked up, 1 tapped his pocket to make sure he had a wallet and was holding a knife, the other guy was yelling expletives in some sort of spanish to him and was holding a couple of large rocks. So he just ran basically, from the lookout spot he was at down to a beach that was covered with nothing with rocks. But then one of his sandals fell off so he had to go bare-foot, and when he turned around, the 2 guys were about 20m behind him, still chasing him. Luckily he got away, but it really makes you think about going to a place like that.

August 7, 2006

NOTE FROM LARRY:

Chicago Bulls' mascot Benny the Bull

ran afoul of the law recently, getting

arrested (in costume) for attempting

to punch a police officer. Benny had

apparently been tooling around on a

motorcycle in an area set aside for the

"Taste of Chicago" food festival.

The Top 9 Things That Drove Benny the Bull Berserk

9> All shook up after reading "Slaughterhouse Five."

8> Constantly being set up on blind dates with the Minnesota

Vikings mascot.

7> Elsie the Cow still won't give it up!

6> New item at the concession stand: Rocky Mountain Oysters.

5> Whenever the Dow falls, the Chicago Bears mascot always gets

in his face.

4> "Tyson Chandler: You're seven freakin' feet tall. POST UP,

ALREADY!!!"

3> His lady friend swore off red meat, if you know what I'm

saying.

2> Cheerleaders never deliver after promising him a "beef jerky."

and the Number 1 Thing That Drove Benny the Bull Berserk...

1> *WAY* too much Red Bull.

[ Copyright 2006 by Chris White ]

[ http://www.topfive.com ]

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Aug 5, 2006 -> 09:18 AM)
If you could send good thoughts and prayers to my 3 year old nephew (his bday was 8-3) it would be appreciated.

He had a doctor's appointment for a check up yesterday and it looks like more tests have been ordered. They feel he is too short and are trying to see if there might be anything specific causing it. Since he is 3 and still cannot handle dairy, they are also putting him through some testing to officially diagnose it as lactose intolerance (the sperm donor has this as well so it wouldn't be a huge surprise).

He goes for the tests in about a month and in the mean time he (mom) has to keep a diary of what he eats every day. He does take vitamins every day, but we are hoping that at worst it will be calcium supplements.

The doctors didn't give my sister any idea of what they suspect might be the issue so we are all a little rattled at the idea something could be wrong with our little Dude.

Oh, I had to share this. When I went to seem him on his birthday, I brought a cake, ice cream and some presents. As soon as he saw me he asks, "Are you bringing me my happy birthday?!" He was so excited to see me which melted my heart. We played catch for about an hour (he kept changing the "ball" we were playing catch with haha) and his friends came by. We ate dinner, then cake and then the presents. While he was opening them, his "girlfriend" Lexi was helping him and her mom told her no and then my nephew told Lexi's mom it was okay she was helping him. He was so excited to get the "Little People" CDs and DVD that I bought him as well as the overalls (the pants and shirts he liked but didn't get excited over haha).

Hopefully the little guy is OK :cheers