Catch-All Anything Thread

Texsox

QUOTE(Texsox @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 07:10 AM)
pedicures are cool. I've been wearing Tevas since about March, and my feet have gotten in very sad shape. Pedicures are sooooo cool. If I wasn't so terminally white, I think I could dance.

Seeing a brief minute of an old Queer Eye episode the other day, this guy had hideous feet and got a pedicure, they said he had "Country Toes". :bang

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 04:42 PM)
Anyone else remember Ivan stories? Those always brightened up a crappy day.

Yes please continue.

But you have to be as drunk as I was the other night to do so. :P

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 02:56 AM)
Which proves why we've both had s***ty Saturday nights.

I fottmooreow wasnt sunday and s*** dinte need to get done id be there

^sentence left unediited to show what the sox have done to me

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 03:03 AM)
f***, I wasn't even watching the game. I turned it off after I got my b****ing out of the way in the game thread.

They've officially driven me to drinking a crap load but what are you going to do.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 01:06 AM)
They've officially driven me to drinking a crap load but what are you going to do.

I did happen to see AJ go down after a long AB with the tying run on 3rd, but I was kind of excited at that point that the Sox had gotten in that close.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 03:16 AM)
Hey hey...it was Steve who got dominated, not me...until i forgot my own cards.

Him and Keith, I was just owning those two. But yes, I couldn't get a great read on you for whatever reason.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 03:23 AM)
Alright, I need rules to this game, it sounds like fun.

You need like 4-6 players and a deck of cards.

Make a pyramid of cards, face down, in the middle of the table. A pyramid with a row of 5, 4, 3, 2, and 1.

Then deal 4 cards, face down, to each player. The players then can look at their cards ONCE, for however long they want. They need to know number, but not suit. They then put them face down in an order in which they can remember them. Then the game begins.

The dealer picks up the first card from the row of 5 and puts it face up. Let's say it's a 9. If anyone has a 9 they point at someone else and say "drink." However, even if they don't have a 9, they can try to bluff it and tell someone to drink anyway. So the player being told to drink has two options: 1) Drink and give him credit for the card or 2) Say "bulls***"

If the "drinkee" doesn't challenge by saying bulls***, they drink their beer. For each card in the row of 5, they drink one sip. Row of 4 is 2. Row of 3 is 3, Row of 2 is 4, and the last card is 5 drinks. If you want to speed it up, you make the drinks 2, 4, 6, 8, and 10 for each row.

If you have a double 9, you can tell someone to drink twice or tell two people to drink once.

If the giver of the drinks is told "bulls***", they must correctly identify the card and show it to the group. If they are able to do this, the drinkee drinks double the row (in this case, 2 drinks). So if this happened on the final card...10 drinks.

If the drinker is told "bulls***" and lifts up the wrong card...or doesn't have it and was bluffing, they now drink double that row. So once "bulls***" is said, someone's drinking double.

When you end up getting rid of a card because you were bulls***ted and had to show, you put it at the bottom of the deck and pick up a new card. You can look at this card once, and put it down with the rest of the cards. HOWEVER, you are not allowed to look at the other cards you still have.

You flip over cards starting with the first row, all 5 of them, then move onto the 2nd row, and do all 4 of those, one at a time.

When the entire pyramid has been flipped over, there's one last bit...each player must name the cards they have in front of them correctly. For each card they call incorrectly, it's 2 drinks.

That's pretty much it. This game is a lot of fun, especially when you start to get drunk and forget what cards you have. Then a jack comes up, and you know you have it...and mess up where it was in your order of cards. Also, there is strategy with the bluffing and setup...if you can tell someone to "drink one" in the first row of cards because you claim you have an ace, and then the ace comes up again...you have them set up. Or, what if you tell someone to drink twice? There's no way the person would say drink twice if they didn't actually have two of those cards, right...?

Again, this game gets real run after you've had a few in you and you literally space out on all four cards you have at random points in the game.

Questions, just ask...it's really not that hard. Hopefully i didn't leave anything out.

Edited by IlliniKrush

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 03:42 AM)
All I can say, that's hard enough to remember now, I dunno how the heck you would do it if you were actually drunk. :lol:

LOL when you are sober this game is easy, it's just remembering 4 cards and telling people to drink...it's still fun, but it's even better once everyone's "feeling it."

Once you play it once you would remember the rules even when completely tanked.

Edited by IlliniKrush

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 11:32 PM)
Seeing a brief minute of an old Queer Eye episode the other day, this guy had hideous feet and got a pedicure, they said he had "Country Toes". :bang

Why the hell don't we have a forum, Grooming Tips by Rex? Maybe we could bring back Mercy!