Catch-All Anything Thread

Texsox

I agree and that is the strange thing. He is usually a good kid, but the last few times we have seen him (last 3-4 months once or twice a month), he has been a complete cry baby which is completely not like him. Brain and I were thinking it was maybe that within that last three years, he went from baby of the family to a middle kid.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Sep 5, 2006 -> 10:14 AM)
I agree and that is the strange thing. He is usually a good kid, but the last few times we have seen him (last 3-4 months once or twice a month), he has been a complete cry baby which is completely not like him. Brain and I were thinking it was maybe that within that last three years, he went from baby of the family to a middle kid.

It could be an attention getting thing then... Don't take this the wrong way when I ask it, but any chance of abuse happening?

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Sep 5, 2006 -> 10:25 AM)
I would never even guess it, but the way he reacted made me wonder a little.

I don't know anything abou the kid or family or anything, but one of the warning signs is a drastic change in personality. More than likely the kid is just turning into a brat because he gets attention that way, but it was something that popped into my mind.

I am SUCH an idiot...

I threw the load of laundry into the dryer and there was something knocking really loud so I asked Brian to go check it out.

Yeah, I guess when I picked up his work pants I forgot to take his cell phone out. At least I managed to remember to take his wallet out.

So now I have the pleasure of calling Cingular (usually have no problems with them, but this one should be interesting) to see if I can go to the Cingular store across the parking lot from my office to buy a replacement phone. There goes money I had no intentions of spending.

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Sep 11, 2006 -> 06:12 AM)
It lives!!!!

I was hoping if I let it dry out it would be okay and it is - woohoo!!!

I was just going to tell you that. Jim's fell in Fox Lake a few weekends ago and after it dried it was fine.

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Sep 11, 2006 -> 08:40 AM)
It died again. I hope it just needs more dry time. We made calls and went through his phonebook and it worked for 45 minutes before dying.

Took Jim's a couple days before it stopped freaking out and dropping calls. The display was also screwed up for a day or so after as well, but eventually went back to normal.

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Sep 11, 2006 -> 06:40 AM)
It died again. I hope it just needs more dry time. We made calls and went through his phonebook and it worked for 45 minutes before dying.

Mine survived the ocean once. It acted really funny when it first came back, but after it dried completely (took like a day) it somehow worked fine so maybe Brian's phone will make it.

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Sep 11, 2006 -> 08:44 AM)
Maybe we should hold off on getting one for a day or two... thanks for the info.

Call tech support :D

Possibly too late now, but if this happens again, place the phone, or other small electronic device, into a plastic bag and fill with uncooked* rice. It will help the electronics to dry out quicker and more completly as the rice obsorbs moisture.

*added just in case someone is that dumb.

Stumbled across this while researching Jim Brown Searunners

Trimaran bunks on the bridgedeck always have limited headroom. They are sometimes so claustrophobic you cannot roll over without banging your hips. Normal human activity usually associated with beds is severely restricted.

I love that turn of a phrase. I wonder what they are talking about? Reading? Eating?

September 11, 2006

NOTE FROM CHRIS:

A German entrepreneur is hoping to take advantage

of smokers' resentment at efforts to further curb where

they can smoke by giving them their own airline, Smokers

International Airways. They will be known as "Smintair."

Here at TopFive, we think they need something catchier!

The Top 5 Alternate Names for a Smokers' Airline

5> Smokes on a Plane

4> Gaspingfor Air

3> Lunghansa

2> Chronically Obstructed Airways

and Topfive.com's Number 1

Alternate Name for a Smokers' Airline...

1> Virgin Asthmatic

Join ClubTop5 to see the whole 14-item list and the

Runner Up/Honorable Mention submissions for today's list:

"Second-Hand Jokes" and "Hacks"

http://www.topfive.com/html/ClubTop5.shtml

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Sep 11, 2006 -> 08:44 AM)
Maybe we should hold off on getting one for a day or two... thanks for the info.

I also accidently left my previous phone in my coat pocket when I washed it but remembered to take it out as it was washing. I let it dry for about 4 or 5 days, and it worked, but only for a few minutes (the outer display also did not work anymore, which I didn't mind as long as the rest of the phone worked). I took it in to see if it could be salvaged, and a new battery is what did the trick.

Edited by SleepyWhiteSox

I bought him a new phone last night. With his hours and how far away he works, I didn't want him to not have a phone for going to work.

Depending on the cost of a battery, I might pick one up and see if that works. It would be a nice back up to have in an emergency.

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Sep 12, 2006 -> 11:48 AM)
One more f***ing packaging question and I will go postal on someone here. That or one more smart assed remark...one or the other grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I just need 350, can I have those taped and reeled at no charge? Whadda mean it takes 8 weeks to have 'em t & r?? What kind of company are you running there? Rohm would do it for me . . .

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Sep 12, 2006 -> 06:27 AM)
Depending on the cost of a battery, I might pick one up and see if that works. It would be a nice back up to have in an emergency.

Ask them to try one of their batteries in to see if that does the trick before you spend your money. They should have extras laying around, especially if they have a repair service there.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 09:27 AM)
Grading papers, creating papers, or a really good date?

Yes, yes, no (sadly)

I was also prepping for class and working on a departmental presentation I have to give today.