Catch-All Anything Thread

Texsox

QUOTE(Soxy @ Sep 28, 2006 -> 03:14 PM)
Would it cross a line to ask the person you share a lab with to CHEW WITH HER DAMN MOUTH SHUT?

If she's hot, I'd never say a word . . . in fact, I'd think it was cute.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel old. Brian and I set up some life insurance policies last night.

Also, my fang teeth are killing as they had to re-bond the brackets as the roots on one of the canines were startig to poke out the top of my gum.

How's everyone's work life going at the moment?

The reason I bring this us, is because I've had to work overtime everyday over the past 2-3 weeks (even though I am basically a casual employee). Gotta love your quarterly reporting periods. :bang

I have my notice in and my last day here at this dinosaur is Friday the 13th. The new job will get me a 15% raise, along with an actual bonus program for the first time since 2001. This would have been a great job I was at, but with them putting in a new training model and downsizing us... yeah that made it not so good.

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Oct 3, 2006 -> 09:14 AM)
11 hours and counting of no power at home. I hope we do not lose all the food we have in the freezer...

WalMart (at least here) sells dry ice. A couple dollars worth would keep things frozen

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Oct 3, 2006 -> 09:26 AM)
Haven't been able to get a hold of Brian to be able to suggest that. But thanks for the idea - hopefully I will get a hold of him.

Is there anywhere you can take the stuff to, like parents or in-laws? We lost a few hundred dollars worth of food that way after our huge storms in August.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Oct 3, 2006 -> 09:32 AM)
Is there anywhere you can take the stuff to, like parents or in-laws? We lost a few hundred dollars worth of food that way after our huge storms in August.

At this point, no. I can't get a hold of Brian which means his cell died and he is ignoring our corded phone (bastard lol). I am thinking of asking my boss if I can skate out of here at about 4 so I can start cleaning out the fridge (plus I have to get my library books back, if they were able to open today).

It is driving me nuts because ComEd is still not giving a restoral time on their automated message, but apparently if you get through to a human they are still saying 4PM.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Oct 3, 2006 -> 12:12 PM)
Some time this month - probably around mid-month, the number of Americans will surpass 300 million.

:o :o :o :o :o

That is alotta peoples! :o

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Oct 3, 2006 -> 12:12 PM)
Some time this month - probably around mid-month, the number of Americans will surpass 300 million.

:o :o :o :o :o

And we can thank President Bush for this historic event by keeping us safe from terrorists and promoting marriage as a union of one man and one woman.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Oct 3, 2006 -> 09:25 AM)
How's everyone's work life going at the moment?

Crappola.

My lab partner does nothing, so the work was "redistributed." I've never liked free-time anyway.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Oct 4, 2006 -> 11:54 AM)
I just saw something I thought I would never see... A preview for the season debut of South Park... On CNBC. :huh:

sweet Lost AND new south park tonight...i also think fox might be showing a new episode of HIZZOUSE too

EDIT: house is new but on the same time as lost :(

Edited by AssHatSoxFan

Of course it's necessary for everyone who participated in the office baby shower to send out their own personal thanks to everyone else in the company. And then equally necessary for those folks to respond "to all" for a grand total of 364 emails since lunchtime thanking each other... :chair

Morons.

QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 4, 2006 -> 05:18 PM)
Of course it's necessary for everyone who participated in the office baby shower to send out their own personal thanks to everyone else in the company. And then equally necessary for those folks to respond "to all" for a grand total of 364 emails since lunchtime thanking each other... :chair

Morons.

Email everybody back and just call 'em morons. That would be fun. :D

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Oct 4, 2006 -> 04:21 PM)
Email everybody back and just call 'em morons. That would be fun. :D

Oh.. I think they know what I think of them by sending them back the "deleted witout being read" message.