Catch-All Anything Thread

Texsox

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So. To top off my stellar week: I got really and weirdly sick yesterday. While I was making myself some tea, I came back to the living room only to find my dog tearing up and eating a pin cushion. I couldn't find all the pins. So I called the vet, who said to feed her bread and take her into my vet the next day to get X-rayed.

Then my dad called to say they're putting down one of our dogs (we've had her since I was in junior high) this morning. Which is really sad.

Took the dog to the vet, got her x-rayed and no pins! There went $100. Ugh.

So I went to like this haunted village thingy last night(ya, I'm a loser) and walking through, they put you through this trailor and a bunch of the scream characters are just sitting there. So anyways, cause that part was kind of ridiculous I go to one of the guys in the scream masks "hey, you're those scream guys, you kill people right?" The guy goes "HELL YA," that was probably the best part of the whole night.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 15, 2006 -> 11:29 PM)
So I went to like this haunted village thingy last night(ya, I'm a loser) and walking through, they put you through this trailor and a bunch of the scream characters are just sitting there. So anyways, cause that part was kind of ridiculous I go to one of the guys in the scream masks "hey, you're those scream guys, you kill people right?" The guy goes "HELL YA," that was probably the best part of the whole night.

Your story reminds me of a time when I went in one of those Haunted House Rides at a Theme Park in Malaysia on the outskirts of Kuala Lumpur a few years back.

But basically, this was the crappiest ride I have ever been on in my life, there was basically nothing inside there. I remember when I came out of there, I couldn't stop myself laughing very loudly at how terribly stupid that was, and the people there were looking at me like I was crazy or something. :lol:

QUOTE(beautox @ Oct 15, 2006 -> 09:33 AM)
legends of the hidden temple, that show was amazing.

You know, I have not met one person who didn't love that show. It really is a classic.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Oct 15, 2006 -> 09:11 AM)
Your story reminds me of a time when I went in one of those Haunted House Rides at a Theme Park in Malaysia on the outskirts of Kuala Lumpur a few years back.

But basically, this was the crappiest ride I have ever been on in my life, there was basically nothing inside there. I remember when I came out of there, I couldn't stop myself laughing very loudly at how terribly stupid that was, and the people there were looking at me like I was crazy or something. :lol:

This one wasn't that bad besides a few ridiculous parts, it was kind of entertaining at least. I like to try and talk to the people who try to scare you though and see if I can get them to break "character," I got a few to.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Oct 15, 2006 -> 09:11 AM)

I remember a similar haunted house in Monte Carlo that I went to. All I can remember is Prince Rainier is such a wuss, hiding behind me with his eyes closed.

QUOTE(SnB @ Oct 17, 2006 -> 02:12 AM)
wait, and it's not even me?

I don't think you'll ever be an admin Steve. ;)

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 17, 2006 -> 12:30 AM)
So a certain admin here is recruiting me for facebook. :lol:

And if you join up, you can see wonderful photos of me (now there's a selling point for ya).

CMT is doing one of those silly count down show, 20 Greatest Southern Rock Songs and I'm thinking ok #1 is Freebird, what is #2? Damn if Freebird was #3.

Ramblin Man #2

Sweet Home Alabama #1

I'm on an 80s music fix.

I downloaded Mr. Mister's "Kyrie" and Mike and The Mechanics "St. Elmo's Fire".

Anu other catchy 80 tunes I should download so they can get stuck in my head as well?

Does this belong in music thread?

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Oct 17, 2006 -> 11:40 PM)
Never been there, but how were The Fray live?

They were pretty amazing. We got there when the gates opened and passed up spots on the floor about 10 feet from the stage to have first row balcony seats...and sure enough the spot we passed up ended up being where Isaac Slade dove into the crowd to go surfing.

Tony, was it too hot there in July? It seems odd for an indoor venue to be too hot, but then again it is upstairs and very old.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Oct 17, 2006 -> 11:53 PM)
We were down on the floor, basically right in the middle of 4,000 people. We went with a big group,and the only thing that really saved me was a few of the girls we were with bought 6 dollar waters. Robert Randolph/O.A.R were great, but it was brutal.

Ah I see. That makes me feel better about going up to the balcony and relaxing in a chair.

QUOTE(Brian @ Oct 17, 2006 -> 08:11 PM)
I'm on an 80s music fix.

I downloaded Mr. Mister's "Kyrie" and Mike and The Mechanics "St. Elmo's Fire".

Anu other catchy 80 tunes I should download so they can get stuck in my head as well?

Does this belong in music thread?

Eye of the Tiger, Centerfold, anything by Poison. And of course the greatest song of all time, 18 and Life.