Catch-All Anything Thread

Texsox

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 09:56 AM)
How about a prize for the millionth post?  Should be coming up sometime next season at the current pace, right?

Depending on how the season goes, it could be around New Years. During the season we have been averaging about 50,000 posts a month. It does drop off during the off-season, but if the Sox crash and burn, or win this thing, that number could go up significantly. The site has been over 2000 posts each of the last two days, with all of the controversy going on, and it isn't hard to imagine it going higher if we go into a slump of somekind.

Actually that could be a fun contest. Predict a million? Have people pick a date that the 1 millionth post will occur on.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 10:08 AM)
Actually that could be a fun contest.  Predict a million?  Have people pick a date that the 1 millionth post will occur on.

Maybe Kap can set a hidden doomsday switch that will completely GUBAR ("Gaged Up Beyond All Repair") the site with the millionth post. :D

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 10:31 AM)
Maybe Kap can set a hidden doomsday switch that will completely GUBAR ("Gaged Up Beyond All Repair") the site with the millionth post.  :D

or we could just tell Jason to fix something... either way works.

Trappist brewers friggin' rock. That's all I need to say on the subject – no, thats' all I CAN physically say on the subject at the moment (re: afternoon Chimay party!).

Kid Gleason can back me up here. And, he could probably hold me up at the moment as well.

Did I mention, Afternoon Chimay Party?

:headbang :headbang Brother Theadore! :drink

QUOTE(winodj @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 09:50 AM)

Not surprisingly, two of Arthur’s favorite current TV shows are cutting-edge  — Comedy Central’s “The Daily Show” and HBO’s “Curb Your Enthusiasm.” She plans to do a guest spot on the latter this season.

“I love the show so much,” Arthur says of “Enthusiasm.” “I’m very anxious to see how it operates. I hear the whole thing is improvisation.”

Set your VCRs :bang