Catch-All Anything Thread

Texsox

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My sister got interviwed by Skadden (lawfirm) and they are prpared to make here a very lucrative offer. She could be making up to 24 grand more a year! Paralegals rawk!

Edited by SoxFan1

Also, fortune cookies = freaky.

1.) "You need a new enviroment. Go on vacation."

Im going on vacation to Wisconsin Dells July 5, 6, and 7.

2.) "There is a prospect of a thrilling time ahead of you."

Summer vacation, Wisconsin Dells, Fishing trips.

3.) "Be moderate where pleasure is concerned, avoid fatigue."

Im lazy as hell!

I just called a friend, who had her cell off. So, I leave my message, but for some reason included, okay, love you bye. There's a two second pause where I realize what I've said, and then I ramble on for about 10 seconds, saying, "Um, I'm not sure what I said that. Sorry, that's totally not how I usually close my conversations. I mean, you're great and one of my best friends, but, uh um, yeah. Okay, well, I uh gotta go. Sorry. Have a good day."

Agh. I need to get more sleep.

(on the plus side I ordered two new studs for my nose! woot)

My one f***ing week of vacation that I am taking the whole stupid summer just got cancelled. I had it approved by my advisor who told me at least a week afterwards, that, oh wait, not that won't work. And neither will an earlier week, sorry. So, yeah, I'm really pissed off. I won't be using the Yankees tix my sister bought me for my birthday. Or doing anything enjoyable all summer. I am so mad. I cannot even stop crying. My lab partner has already taken 2.5 weeks of vacation and I get none.

/end rant

I just realized something--I have never gone a day at Soxtalk without seeing a post from SS2k5. Never on vacation, I swear!

Anyways, this made me realize something; a day at Soxtalk without SS2k5 is like an ice cream cone without the ice cream. And no, I'm not comparing him to a giant sticky ball of heart attack-at-39.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jun 26, 2005 -> 05:51 PM)
So anyone ever had a gingivectimy? Yeah - I spelled it wrong, so sue me.

:angry: :banghead :fight :finger :crying :headshake :huh: :o :puke :unsure:

Well that f***ing sucked.

I've never been so numb in my life. BLAH Ya know that muscle that connects your to tounge to the bottom of your mouth? Well I had that snipped-wow. Also snipped the part that connects the top of your upper gums to your lip. Not to mention having my gums contoured with a laser.

Other than that - life is good.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jun 27, 2005 -> 03:19 PM)
:angry:  :banghead  :fight  :finger  :crying  :headshake  :huh:  :o  :puke  :unsure:

Well that f***ing sucked.

I've never been so numb in my life. BLAH  Ya know that muscle that connects your to tounge to the bottom of your mouth?  Well I had that snipped-wow.  Also snipped the part that connects the top of your upper gums to your lip.  Not to mention having my gums contoured with a laser.

Other than that - life is good.

lay off the big league chew.

:P

I think Intro Psych is warping my participants minds.

I just had one go through my experiment and say he was really happy because he was afraid he was going to get shocked.

I told him he must have done a good job, because you only get a shock when you answer a question wrong. Now, I'm sitting by the phone waiting for the Ethics Board to call me.....\

Keep in mind I do langauge research--and all the participants has to do is determine if what they hear is a real word or not...

Edited by ChiSoxyGirl

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 11:15 AM)
I think Intro Psych is warping my participants minds.

I just had one go through my experiment and say he was really happy because he was afraid he was going to get shocked.

I told him he must have done a good job, because you only get a shock when you answer a question wrong. Now, I'm sitting by the phone waiting for the Ethics Board to call me.....\

Keep in mind I do langauge research--and all the participants has to do is determine if what they hear is a real word or not...

:lol:

Got some kickass news yesterday - my aunt and uncle will be able to attend my wedding (they live in Ireland) and my aunt thinks my other aunt and her husband will be able to make it as well (also live in Ireland - lived in England for the last 10 years or so though).

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Jun 26, 2005 -> 04:50 PM)
I just called a friend, who had her cell off. So, I leave my message, but for some reason included, okay, love you bye. There's a two second pause where I realize what I've said, and then I ramble on for about 10 seconds, saying, "Um, I'm not sure what I said that. Sorry, that's totally not how I usually close my conversations. I mean, you're great and one of my best friends, but, uh um, yeah. Okay, well, I uh gotta go. Sorry. Have a good day."

Agh. I need to get more sleep.

(on the plus side I ordered two new studs for my nose! woot)

:wub: your Fruedian slip is showing

QUOTE(farmteam @ Jun 27, 2005 -> 02:38 PM)
I just realized something--I have never gone a day at Soxtalk without seeing a post from SS2k5. Never on vacation, I swear!

Anyways, this made me realize something; a day at Soxtalk without SS2k5 is like an ice cream cone without the ice cream.  And no, I'm not comparing him to a giant sticky ball of heart attack-at-39.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

I just went cold turkey for three days (well almost, I did talk to Kap on the phone).

Sunday night ---> Loss to Cubs. Figured I was missing the suicide watch. No big deal.

Monday ---> Off day. No big deal, thinking about SL&P

Tuesday ---> What a game. Cannot post or lurk :angry:

Wednesday ---> getting off plane. Text Message Re: Thomas home run. Dying to be here.

What is with the servings of food here? Yeesh. I'd gain more than 20 pounds in a couple of months over here.

Love the Steaks and buying in bulk though. 6 packets of Pringles for $4!!??? They cost $3 per packet down under. :crying

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 07:19 PM)
What is with the servings of food here? Yeesh. I'd gain more than 20 pounds in a couple of months over here.

Love the Steaks and buying in bulk though. 6 packets of Pringles for $4!!??? They cost $3 per packet down under.  :crying

You got a suitcase you can fill? I suggest stocking.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 10:20 AM)
You got a suitcase you can fill?  I suggest stocking.

I need to get a job here pronto, well I can always try to convince my Dad to get me a job where he's workin now, but meh another year and a half of Uni. :crying

And oh yes, the suitcase will be STOCKED, rest assured.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 07:19 PM)

Love the Steaks and buying in bulk though. 6 packets of Pringles for $4!!??? They cost $3 per packet down under.  :crying

Packet = container? I never know with your crazy talk.