Catch-All Anything Thread

Texsox

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 01:43 PM)
A series of small, seemingly unconnected decisions, suddenly collide in some mad scientist choas experiment, and I'm so sad and confused.

See, that's what happens when you PM me. This is why nobody does it, it leads to bad things.

Hope whatever is going on, you get past it.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which one of the granddaughters is that hanging over the edge puking and holding a bottle of Jack?

man...another stupid post I need to edit. I need to get some help on this s***. :headshake

Edited by Kid Gleason

At work today (I work for a newspaper -- delivering papers to carriers when they get shorted papers, inserts, rubber bands etc. & getting papers to complaining customers since their carriers f***ed up), I get a call from the dispatcher that I have to go all the way across town to deliver a paper to a very irate customer that called in using a lot of profanity saying that they didn't receive their paper today.

I drive about 1/2way out to the site and I get another call from the dispatcher -- disregard the previous call about the irate customer. They found their paper next to the door, instead of the paper being right in front of the door.

Now this might just be me but wouldn't it make sense to look everywhere before calling up and acting like a giant jackass?

But can't complain -- nice checks coming in & they pay my mileage that I use while driving around + pretty good hours (3:30-7 pm M-F and then 6:30-10 am on Sa-Sun) but I get some weekends off.

Went to the Card Show in downtown today. I met wrestles Rob Van Dam, Mike Ditka, Mongo McMichael, Otis Wilson, Dennis McKinnon, and a couple playboy playmates.... :headbang

I also purchased my fair share (a lot) of White Sox cards and memorabilia.

Went to the drive-in last night. Saw Fantastic 4 and Charlie And The Chocolate Factory. At the end of the movies I felt that I enjoyed F4 the most. This morning I awake, finding myself really disappointed in retrospect about F4, and thinking I may have really enjoyed Charlie And The Chocolate Factory. Heck, Depp was much more enjoyable in that movie than I was expecting him to be. Granted, the guy is one of my faves, but he seemed so damned annoying in the commercials. But I actually really liked his character.

F4, I just have no idea what that was all about.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 08:21 AM)
I had some really spicy panang curry from a great Thai place last night.

This morning I am reminded that often the most challenging aspects of Thai cuisine don't hit you until the next day.

I'm going to a Thai place for lunch this afternoon. Let's just hope it doesn't hit me at work.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 03:10 PM)
Which one of the granddaughters is that hanging over the edge puking and holding a bottle of Jack?

man...another stupid post I need to edit. I need to get some help on this s***. :headshake

I think it's nice when George Sr. taked his mom for a boat ride

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 09:01 AM)
We ordered our wedding rings last night.  Inspite of the fact that I have 2 diamonds and 2 emeralds on mine, his is $100 more than mine lol. :banghead

The extra $100 is for the new built-in men's wedding ring dynamic Ever-Stuck® technology that makes the ring extra tight and impossible to slip off in the vicinity of strip clubs and singles bars. :D

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 09:05 AM)
The extra $100 is for the new built-in men's wedding ring dynamic Ever-Stuck® technology that makes the ring extra tight and impossible to slip off in the vicinity of strip clubs and singles bars.  :D

LOL! Funny part (or sad part depending on how you look at it) is he'd only be wearing it on weekends or special occasions (not a good idea to wear one and run a press or work on an engine lol).

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 09:40 AM)
So random.

Can anyone recommend a good electric shaver? One that's fast, doesn't nick your skin and shaves as close as a blade. I think that's impossible, but I haven't had one in like 20 years.  I imagine maybe there are some really good ones out there now. :huh

I bought Jim a Braun.. he swears the thing is better than a razor. It does leave his face really smooth (I feel no stubble). It's the one with the self cleaning thing on it, and it has a digital battery thing on it. I think it was $179 or something like that at Sears at Christimas time. The did have one that was the exact same but without the digital thing that was closer to $100. He had his previous one for over 10 years so I guess they are worth the $$.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 09:40 AM)
So random.

Can anyone recommend a good electric shaver? One that's fast, doesn't nick your skin and shaves as close as a blade. I think that's impossible, but I haven't had one in like 20 years.  I imagine maybe there are some really good ones out there now. :huh

I also think the "close as a blade" claims made by some companies is also bunk, but I've been a convert to electric shavers for the last 3+ years. They are a lot better than they used to be.

I really like the Norelco Advantage shaver I have. It's one of the units that takes the cartridge of Nivea skin lotion so when you press a button it pumps a little lotion to stand your beard up and lubricate the blades as theu cut. Pretty pricey at $80 or so I think, and you have to replace the blades every 6 months or so, but I've had the same one since Christmas 2001.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 2, 2005 -> 12:41 AM)
The Great wall of China is neither continuous, visible from space, nor built within one dynasty... discuss.

Am I the only from SoxTalk who's actually been up to the Great Wall (and climbed up about 1200-1500 steps to get to it)? :o

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 09:43 AM)
I bought Jim a Braun.. he swears the thing is better than a razor. It does leave his face really smooth (I feel no stubble). It's the one with the self cleaning thing on it, and it has a digital battery thing on it. I think it was $179 or something like that at Sears at Christimas time. The did have one that was the exact same but without the digital thing that was closer to $100. He had his previous one for over 10 years so I guess they are worth the $$.

Thx, I'll check it out.

I think I had a Braun once, but one of the early, primitive ones that didn't shave well and would get really hot. My face had stubble patches and burns all over it...quite sexxay.

QUOTE(winodj @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 09:48 AM)
I have a friend who is so broke that he told me yesterday he didn't have any money to eat for the next two weeks and had no food.

Ouch..

Is there a local shelter he can get in contact with..? And if his situation is long term.. maybe he can apply for assistance (food stamps)?