Catch-All Anything Thread

Texsox

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have been stressing about Brian's new job for about 2 weeks now (he had received a counter offer and didn't know whether to stay or go). Well, he decided to stay. Loads of stress gone this morning.

So I pull into work this morning and my electrical system has a hissy fit. I tested the battery with the DMM I have at work and either the altenator or the battery is going bad. I took it NTB just to make sure I could at least get home. Well, they said it was the altenator (which from what I reported to FI, he was guessing as well). Then he mentioned something about the tow on the car being out. I just had this f***ing thing into the shop Saturday for maintanence. Do those f***ers just stand there, scratch their balls and say it's okay, I mean do they really do the tests?!

Okay, so I have put in an email to the service department letting them know what is going on and now I am scrambling trying to find out what the warranty I have covers. I know damn well they said altenator when I got it, but we all know how things fall off of warranties after some time goes by.

If it isn't covered, it's gonna be between $500-600 that I had earmarked for something else. It's been a week from hell I tell ya.

Random note of the day topic: Movies

Just watched "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly" again and it never fails to get me interested. Top 3 movie of All-Time IMO. Awesome -- AWESOME movie. Then, I proceeded to watch Jackass the Movie and laughed my ass off.

Surprisingly enough, I have never seen The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly from start to finish. It is in my DVD collection though, and will probably be watching it this week.

Today is my 11 year anniversary. :D

How do the wife and I choose to celebrate it?

It two hours we leave with my 2 year old son, and a neighbors two year old daughter, and we go to the All-State Arena to see The Wiggles Live! LOL!!!

Yesterday night was a night I do not want to repeat. My alt died right before I got on the expressway and managed to will my car into a parking lot out of harms way. I called AAA for a tow at about 5:45 and they said an hr. I looked at my passenger front and found a nail in the tire - wunderbar :rolly An hr passed and said it would be another hr and a half. Turns out they gave the driver the wrong suburb and the tow didn't get there until 9ish. Get to the dealership at 10:30 or so and the f***ing gates were closed so I called the Orland police to let them know I am leaving a car at the gates so it wouldn't get towed.

My sister used my dad's car to take me to the ortho and then to stop at the dealership to see what the diagnosis was. The f***ers hadn't even put it on the lift. Whining about there was a line when they got there that morning :rolly . Well f***er, my car was there at 10PM yesterday well the f*** before any of these other f***ing POSs were in line. So my sister says I am better off to go home and wait to hear something so I am not wasting my day in the waiting room there. It's been over an hr and still no call (they said they would have it diagnosed within the hr). I had my f***ing car there a week ago - I realize that alts don't always give hints that they are dying, but it bothers me just the same.

My newly promoted English Premier League Soccer Team starts off the season winning 3-1. Wearing the club jersey (cost me $8 in Malaysia), it's good to see at least one of my fav sports team won today (considering the Sox and my footy team (by 1 point) both lost today). :crying

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Aug 13, 2005 -> 05:13 PM)
Wow.

The Wiggles = One of the greatest live acts in the entire world. I'm stunned by how much fun that friggin' show was!!!

You sure the brownies they were serving in the lobby weren't laced with something, Kid? :D

That Dorothy the Dinosaur might give Godzilla a run for his/her money, though... :D

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Aug 14, 2005 -> 01:26 PM)
You sure the brownies they were serving in the lobby weren't laced with something, Kid?  :D

That Dorothy the Dinosaur might give Godzilla a run for his/her money, though... :D

One of the cooler things I've seen at K-Mart, a Dorothy the Dinosaur Tail. Just strap the velcro around your waist, and you've got yourself an authentic Dinosaur Tail.

vs14164-thum42.gif

But yeah they're huge in the States now, we hardly actually see them much down here anymore quite frankly.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Aug 13, 2005 -> 10:15 AM)
Surprisingly enough, I have never seen The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly from start to finish. It is in my DVD collection though, and will probably be watching it this week.

Today is my 11 year anniversary.  :D

How do the wife and I choose to celebrate it?

It two hours we leave with my 2 year old son, and a neighbors two year old daughter, and we go to the All-State Arena to see The Wiggles Live! LOL!!!

All I can say is that if you like a mix of cowboys, action, and adventure with a little comedy mixed in, yoo'll love this movie. Eastwood is the biggest pimp EVER in this movie...

Edited by SoxFan1

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Aug 13, 2005 -> 09:26 PM)
You sure the brownies they were serving in the lobby weren't laced with something, Kid?  :D

Naw man, I'm not really a fan at all of their stuff, and was somewhat dreading the length the show would go at. I mean, 90-120 minutes of the stuff??? But at the end, I was surprised it went so fast, and I was actually bummed because I was having so much fun. If you ever see them, there is no wonder how they got so damn big. You can just tell how much they enjoy themselves on stage, and how much they love doing what they do. They really are probably the greatest thing in kids entertainment, and Australia should be VERY proud to say they hail from their land. They also seem to love Australia quite a bit, as the flag was flying for much of the show.

I'm sure I will love The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly, just due to my love of Eastwood's spaghetti western days. Not sure why I never saw this one, as I have seen every other one of his westerns. :huh

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Aug 14, 2005 -> 04:27 PM)
Naw man, I'm not really a fan at all of their stuff, and was somewhat dreading the length the show would go at. I mean, 90-120 minutes of the stuff??? But at the end, I was surprised it went so fast, and I was actually bummed because I was having so much fun. If you ever see them, there is no wonder how they got so damn big. You can just tell how much they enjoy themselves on stage, and how much they love doing what they do. They really are probably the greatest thing in kids entertainment, and Australia should be VERY proud to say they hail from their land. They also seem to love Australia quite a bit, as the flag was flying for much of the show.

I'm sure I will love The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly, just due to my love of Eastwood's spaghetti western days. Not sure why I never saw this one, as I have seen every other one of his westerns.  :huh

IMBD rates it as the 10th best movie of all-time...

My day is making me nervous - it has been so quiet in the office (people and phonewise). I am waiting for the barrage of calls to start any time now.

I could use a day like this tomorrow when I will be getting here 1.5 hrs late and likely leaving early.

So anyways I'm in that period of a cold flu at the moment, where I've used so many tissues my upper part of my lip is starting to go well how do I say it, red and numb. Not the best feeling in the world let me tell you.

And since it's been about my 3rd flu of the winter in 50 degree weather, it's probably a sign saying that if I move to the States in the future, it probably won't be to a cold weather place in the winter.