Catch-All Anything Thread

Texsox

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Sep 29, 2005 -> 12:53 PM)
Migraines suck.

I know this sounds kooky, but this sometimes makes mine slightly better. Go to the bathroom and soak your hands in hot water. It helps for a bit.

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Sep 29, 2005 -> 10:56 AM)
I know this sounds kooky, but this sometimes makes mine slightly better. Go to the bathroom and soak your hands in hot water. It helps for a bit.

I read awhile ago that the nerves in your hands control migranes and when you get them, massage your hands to help. I never get em so can't say for sure.

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Sep 29, 2005 -> 11:56 AM)

It does - I do this occasionally when they start getting unbearable. If the stupid nausea would go away, I could deal with the slight throbbing (it is starting to go away - thankfully this one is only a 24 hr one).

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Sep 29, 2005 -> 01:44 PM)
It does - I do this occasionally when they start getting unbearable.  If the stupid nausea would go away, I could deal with the slight throbbing (it is starting to go away - thankfully this one is only a 24 hr one).

I take Indural for my migraines--it's a very low dose of a blood pressure medication and it really worked wonders. It doesn't have all the side effects like Topomax and stuff, so I would definitely encourage you to ask about it. Mine have gotten about a million times better since I started taking that.

I usually shortened it to dj in my mind. I wonder how many shortened it to wino?

My brain seems to like to try to unify things, so I usually saw it as one foreign-sounding word, like wy-notch. Were it WinoDJ instead of winodj, that would be a different input. Sadly, that’s all moot now. Rex Kickass is much more jarring, but I guess that’s the point?

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Sep 29, 2005 -> 05:59 PM)
I did not change my name. My name changed on me.

I also did not land on Plymouth Rock. Plymouth Rock landed on me.

I've heard of Rock Hudson, who is Plymouth Rock?

QUOTE(BDavisFutureHOF @ Sep 30, 2005 -> 04:53 PM)
Anyone know where I can get a cheap rental car -- preferably a suv? I already looked at the big guys but they are pretty expensive

If you don't need it today, hotwire it (the website, don't steal it :lol: ), or priceline.com it.

So I think this is safe to say without causing any major jinxes now...

My fiance finally managed to find what I think could be a stable job...she's been out of work/doing odd 1 month long jobs for the last 2 years, and on Wednesday she started at a place that writes resumes for lawyers. It looks like something aroudn a $20k-$30 k a year job with health benefits, which is a dramatic increase from the 0 she was making beforehand.

So let's see...this week, my fiance found a job, the Sox wrapped up the AL Central, and I just sent along what I think is the final version of the key graph I need for my first "1st author is me" paper.

You could shoot me right now and I'd still be in a good mood.

Congrats on the woman finding a stable job!

:cheers

On a completely different topic -- I am in the process of starting my own company and am in desperate need of a logo for the website/letterhead/business cards. A friend told me that I could go to www.sitepoint.com and set up a contest for around $60 bucks and get a pretty decent logo -- evidently he had better luck than I did. Seriously -- all I got was stuff that looked like a 10 year old had used some clip art with sans-sariff text -- they were horrible. Anyway, my main question to you guys is if anyone knows if there are any other site like this and, if so, how much something decent would run me.

Thanks!

BD

QUOTE(BDavisFutureHOF @ Sep 30, 2005 -> 03:42 PM)
Congrats on the woman finding a stable job!

:cheers

On a completely different topic -- I am in the process of starting my own company and am in desperate need of a logo for the website/letterhead/business cards. A friend told me that I could go to www.sitepoint.com and set up a contest for around $60 bucks and get a pretty decent logo -- evidently he had better luck than I did. Seriously -- all I got was stuff that looked like a 10 year old had used some clip art with sans-sariff text  -- they were horrible.  Anyway, my main question to you guys is if anyone knows if there are any other site like this and, if so, how much something decent would run me.

Thanks!

BD

There are quite a few sites that will make "logo kits" for under $100. LogoLoft is one such company. Check out a few, see how many revisions, choices you will be allowed.

You may also go to the "How does this work" forum here, we have some excellent graphics guys here who could probably get you something good for a fair price.

When it is time to order cards, etc, I've been using Vista Print and love the work and the prices are nice. After you are a customer, their specials cannot be beat.

I need to tell my husband to be how to tell me something that is potentially earth shattering for him. It's not when you are flying out the door to go to work lol.

Apparently the reason his dad's truck has been here isn't because they need to keep him from driving, he and the second mrs are no longer. No idea what happened when, but there are now 16 people who said they are going to our wedding in 29 days that are no longer invited. I really liked her and her family. Well, I wonder what the heck else will happened before Brain and I say our "I do's."

Edited by Queen Prawn