Catch-All Anything Thread

Texsox

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jan 27, 2005 -> 01:45 PM)
I would like to thank my parents who allowed me the freedom to listen to all kinds of music. The inventor of the 8-track player who allowed me to listen to 2 1/2 song per track endlessly looping until a lever was hit, and most of all to google.com for finding me the answer.

Dang, I pegged you as one of the few here that might also own a copy of that on good old vinyl.

Cheater. :D

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jan 27, 2005 -> 03:18 PM)
Dang, I pegged you as one of the few here that might also own a copy of that on good old vinyl.

Cheater.  :D

I knew it was a Pink Floyd at least. It just took me a while to search out the exact title.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jan 27, 2005 -> 04:43 PM)
Are cigarettes really called f**s in Britain?

I heard that in school today and I was shocked, that's insane.

Yes. I got asked if I had any more than a few times at clubs and pubs out there. The first time I was a little pissed (read british for drunk) and was so confused.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 28, 2005 -> 02:42 AM)
Because the people that do that are getting pissed and smoking f**s in Britain.

:lolhitting

For what it's worth, the best microwave butter popcorn I have ever had is Trails End extreme butter. Every last kernal pops and the butter actually comes close to tasting like butter.

Available from a Boy Scout near you.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jan 28, 2005 -> 09:04 AM)

For what it's worth, the best microwave butter popcorn I have ever had is Trails End extreme butter. Every last kernal pops and the butter actually comes close to tasting like butter.

For what like $20, damn Boy Scouts trying to steal my hard earned money.

Trails_End.GIF

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jan 28, 2005 -> 09:04 AM)

We purchased two boxes of this from Brian's nephew and it's great! I sprinkle Tastefully Simple's Seasoned Salt on it and it tastes even better.

They also have a caramel and chocolate covered popcorn :D The $7 version of Cracker Jack is very good also. I forgot about 6 tins I had in my garage for almost a year. I opened one and passed it around a meeting and thought, these damn kids will eat anything. Then I saw one of the adults chowing down. A year later, it still tasted fresh.

Damn that scared the crap out of me. What kind of preservatives do you need to keep sealed popcorn fresh for over a year :huh:

It was good, I ate almost a tin by myself :lolhitting

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jan 28, 2005 -> 10:58 AM)
I don't doubt it one bit.

Ahh, but that's the beauty of the set up, Trails End is not part of BSA. Although I would be willing to bet a lot of the shareholders own a Scout uniform or two [geek speak] with gold epaulets. [/geek]

QUOTE(winodj @ Jan 31, 2005 -> 12:56 PM)
I heard something about some controversy the other day regarding the Boy Scouts padding numbers to get more cash from charities like the United Way. Anyone else hear anything like this?

This is the second time it has come up. I honestly cannot tell if it is sloppy record keeping by volunteers at the unit level or sinister fraud higher up, or an unavoidable reporting situation.

For example, I currently have over 40 boys on the membership list. About 10-15 have not been active for months. When school starts some are playing football, basketball, band, etc. They will stay on my roster until my annual recharter date. Sometimes they return, sometimes they don't. They paid for the year, so they stay on the roster. If an auditor asked me to "pull them out of the backroom" so to speak, I couldn't. Bottom line I have 45 paid Scouts, and 30 "active". Which number should be reported?

QUOTE(winodj @ Jan 31, 2005 -> 03:01 PM)
If they paid, they are active.

Apparently, this time around they are talking about hundreds of kids on the rolls named "Doe, John"

That would take some explaining.