Catch-All Anything Thread

Texsox

Be careful with online logo design places. They may give you something that looks great, but be a b**** to print. I own a printshop and have to deal with a wide range of things brought in to me from the extreme beginner designing a full color lettehead in Powerpoint, to the 'professiona' online design houses. I am doing one now from an online place. They designed the lady a 2-color, 2 sided business card, using 2 non-standard colors, bleeds on all 4 sides, flood printing on the back and used 6pt type on the front. Gonna cost her over $200 for 1000 cards! And then letterhead and envelopes, oh man.

For the one Tex mentioned, just beware of thier starter package. It says 'unlimited colors', so alot of people go for the gusto and add lots of color. But remember, color costs more to print. Business cards can be had cheaply, but letterhead and envelopes in color are pricy. If you have an idea of what you want, I can get you a one or two color logo designed for about $100. And I take into consideration the fact that you need to PAY to print things with it. If you are not that sure what you want, show me what you like, and what you don't like, and we could go from there. Oh, and good luck with the company!

:gosox1:

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Sep 30, 2005 -> 10:04 PM)
I need to tell my husband to be how to tell me something that is potentially earth shattering for him.  It's not when you are flying out the door to go to work lol.

Apparently the reason his truck has been here isn't because they need to keep him from driving, he and the second mrs are no longer.  No idea what happened when, but there are now 16 people who said they are going to our wedding in 29 days that are no longer invited.  I really liked her and her family.  Well, I wonder what the heck else will happened before Brain and I say our "I do's."

I can usually follow the ramblings of anyone, but huh??

QUOTE(EvilMonkey @ Sep 30, 2005 -> 10:14 PM)
Be careful with online logo design places.  They may give you something that looks great, but be a b**** to print.  I own a printshop and have to deal with a wide range of things brought in to me from the extreme beginner designing a full color lettehead in Powerpoint, to the 'professiona' online design houses.  I am doing one now from an online place.  They designed the lady a 2-color, 2 sided business card, using 2 non-standard colors, bleeds on all 4 sides, flood printing on the back and used 6pt type on the front.  Gonna cost her over $200 for 1000 cards!  And then letterhead and envelopes, oh man. 

For the one Tex mentioned, just beware of thier starter package.  It says 'unlimited colors', so alot of people go for the gusto and add lots of color.  But remember, color costs more to print.  Business cards can be had cheaply, but letterhead and envelopes in color are pricy.  If you have an idea of what you want, I can get you a one or two color logo designed for about $100.  And I take into consideration the fact that you need to PAY to print things with it.  If you are not that sure what you want, show me what you like, and what you don't like, and we could go from there.  Oh, and good luck with the company!

:gosox1:

Correct all the way and thank you for elaborating.

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Sep 30, 2005 -> 10:21 PM)
I was typing so fast I forgot an important word - boiling it all down, his dad just got out of the hospital a week ago and now he and his wife have split up.

OMG, I'm so sorry. And if I was you, I would (beside being much better looking) be really pissed that didn't wait until after the wedding.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 30, 2005 -> 10:26 PM)
OMG, I'm so sorry. And if I was you, I would (beside being much better looking) be really pissed that didn't wait until after the wedding.

I honestly don't know what happened. Brian was trying to get me to go talk to his dad which means Brian doesn't know what happened either, just that somehow her sister came between dad and c. I hope my mom is right and that maybe this wilk blow over - they made a sweet couple.

Death sucks.... a friend of mine from HS comitted suicide, so now I'm trying to make it back for the funeral. f*** f*** f***. I can tell its messing with me cause last night I had a dream that my mother died. This stuff sucks.

I just checked out one of the almanac sites to see what the weather could potentially be on the 29th and. . . SNOW was mentioned. The only outdoor pics I was thinking of were the flower garden at the Church and our porch so the only effect will be on our "limo." It is rear-wheel drive - snow and rear wheel drive don't always go together lol.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Oct 1, 2005 -> 03:13 PM)
How would I go about taking a song from my iPod/iTunes and making it my ringtone

It will depend on your phone and the format the phone needs. Check the manufacturers web site for more details.

QP, LOL a little about the weather, I went to the Bahamas during hurricane season. A brilliant idea.

so i definitely didn't get my spanish conflict exam.

so this means

1) i won't be able to go to game 2 on wednesday

AND

2) the exam is at 7, the game starts at 6, so i'll be missing a good portion of it

awesome.

QUOTE(SnB @ Oct 4, 2005 -> 01:04 AM)
so i definitely didn't get my spanish conflict exam.

so this means

1) i won't be able to go to game 2 on wednesday

AND

2) the exam is at 7, the game starts at 6, so i'll be missing a good portion of it

awesome.

Spanish Conflict?

Screw all you guys, I am going to be rich!!!

Reply-To: [email protected]

Date: Oct 2, 2005 7:56 AM

Subject: From Charles (Urgent)

Reply | Reply to all | Forward | Print | Add sender to Contacts list | Trash this message | Report phishing | Show original | Message text garbled?

MR. CHARLES ALLEN, ESQ

CHARLES ALLEN LAW CHAMBERS

LEGAL SOLICITORS/PRIVATE LAWYERS

THROGMORTON STREET, LONDON, EC2.

My name is Charles Allen, Principal Partner in Charles Allen law Chambers, London, UK.

I used to be a personal attorney to Mr. Johnson Warlick who was the chairman of Algosaibi

Diving and Marine Services in died in the Cathrina Hurricane.

Johnson Warlick Philanthropist, before he died, made a will in my law firm stating

that $25M (Twenty five million U.S. dollars only) should be donated to any charity home/beneficiary

of our choice overseas as his last contribution to humanity when it became obvious that he will not

be alive. Hence we have decided to donate this money to any organisation or person who will use

it to help the victims of the Cathrina tragedy. The true situation at the moment is that the said amount

of money was deposited with a security company only to be paid out to any foreign beneficiary.

The foreign beneficiary would have to be picked by my law office. This implies that you will stand as

the beneficiary to this Will so that the funds could be processed and transferred to your account if you

are ready and in a position to assist me. All you need do is to declare your interest and show seriousness.

The paper works to present you as the beneficiary will be done by me.

I am particularly interested in securing this money from the Security company because they have issued

a notice instructing us to produce the beneficiary of this funds  as soon as possible, else the account

would be made dormant. If you are interested in assisting me, I will give you 80% of the entire funds after

paying taxes due to your government and expenses during the course of this deal withdrawn from it.

The balance will be mine although I intend to send some of it to a charity organization.

I urge you to contact me immediately for further details if you are satisfied with my proposition and feel

you are in a position to assist me. Bearing in mind the confidential nature of this transaction, I will prefer

you respond through mail.

Respectfully summated.

Yours faithfully,

Mr.Charles Allen Esq.

For: Charles Allen Law Chambers.

Not sure how many other people care about this, but there was an episode of Num3ers being filmed right outside my building when I arrived at 8:30 a.m. this morning. Saw a couple of the show's normal cast walking around after they cut, and actually got to meet/shake hands with Peter Macnicol, who I'll always remember for speaking the classic "Why am I dripping with goo?" at the end of Ghostbusters II.

Aye Aye Cap'n!

Assuming "cruisin'" means the cruise ship industry, won't that take a big hit from the oil price shocks. Must take mucho gallons per mile to run one of those behemoths. Whatever - good success to you.