Catch-All Anything Thread

Texsox

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Brian @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 01:29 PM)
Went to GameStop to get Socom 3 cuz they said they would have it by noon. Nope, now they won't have it til 2pm.

b****es.

I went to gamestop on 10/3 for the next installment of Brothers in Arms and was told it was coming out on 10/4. I stop in on 10/4 and then it wouldn't be out until 10/18. Apparently the makers set the day back (on the official site) which is weird because Brian went to the gamestop around the corner on 10/1 and they had one on display he tried buying and they said it was a mistake and not supposed to be released until 10/3. :huh:

QUOTE(iWiN4PreP @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 07:41 PM)
i had psat's today.

they were boring.

i christmas tree'd them

since htey dont count as a grade -- just as a college thing.

They also are what puts you in consideration for National Merit Scholar. . .

Oh, and my kitten is getting "fixed" tomorrow. I'm kinda nervous. But we had her blessed a week and a half ago at the blessing of the animals thing. (Although, now I'm more nervous about the Sox). But send some good vibes to Little s***.

The Baseball Playoffs are On!

ChiSoxyGirl telephones Rabbi Levy.

She says, "Rabbi, I know tonight is Yom Kippur, but tonight the White Sox are in the playoffs. Rabbi, I'm a life-long White Sox fan. I've got to watch the White Sox game on TV."Rabbi Levy replies, "Soxy, that's what video recorders are for."

Soxy is surprised. "You mean I can tape Yom Kippur?"

pokerjunkie05: hi

Me: who's this

pokerjunkie05: : I am looking for a backer over at pokerstars......I've won almost 2k in home games w/ buddies, is there any chance u can back me some cash man?

Me: ROTFL.. Thanks for the new away message

I got this around 4 PM on Sunday.

QUOTE(BDavisFutureHOF @ Oct 14, 2005 -> 11:30 AM)
I suppose this is true but I haven't been burned as of yet -- knock on wood.  How effective do you find the ratings?

The rating are easily manipulated. The usual scam is to sell a bunch of cheap stuff to friends, then scam on expensive stuff. I have over 200 transactions both as a buyer and seller on ebay, have never lost a dime. Had two deals that didn't go smooth. One resulted in mutual negative feedback given. I wish I had the opportunity to take it back.

In fairness, many of those have been Boy Scout memorabilia, and presumably I am dealing with fellow Scouters who presumably would be honest.

Brian deals mostly in car parts. Most of those guys are fairly cool, but we have had a few issues, one where the guy obviously dropped the part when he unpacked it (we took it back, repaired it and gave it to a friend for a few bucks) and the other was when he won the auction on a Thursday with the intentions of paying Saturday (we use my paypal account) and the assmunch calls us Saturday ranting about not paying him and such.

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Oct 14, 2005 -> 02:23 PM)
Brian deals mostly in car parts.  Most of those guys are fairly cool, but we have had a few issues, one where the guy obviously dropped the part when he unpacked it (we took it back, repaired it and gave it to a friend for a few bucks) and the other was when he won the auction on a Thursday with the intentions of paying Saturday (we use my paypal account) and the assmunch calls us Saturday ranting about not paying him and such.

Taking 10 days is within eBay's rules.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 14, 2005 -> 11:02 PM)
Taking 10 days is within eBay's rules.

The sad part was it was barely 36 hrs past the win when we got that call. If I remember correctly, the part was only $15 or $20 as well, so it wasn't a high priced item or anything even close.

I have bought alot on Ebay (and sold some as well). The worst are the 'professional' sellers on Ebay. I had bought something once from one of those Powersellers with a gazillion feedback. After 3 weeks of it not showing up, I emailed them asking for a status, and I get a nasty reply back saying that since I didn't pay extra for tracking, he didn't have to give me a status update. Not even an 'I sent it, the PO must have lost it', just a basic f*** off. Then, he had the nerve to neg me about being a bad buyer and such. Also have had numeroous instances like Queen, where 3 days after an auction ends, people are emailing wondering where their money is. Well, dickhead, if I send a check, and the auction closed on a Saturday, you will probably not have your money on Monday.

One problem I had was a guy that shipped me the wrong item and wanted me to pay freight back to him before he would ship me the correct item. He kept trying to compare himself to a major retailer.

It’s pretty cool that Marcia and Ken Powers just became the first to complete the 4900-mile transcontinental American Discovery Trail in one continuous hike. But what really impressed me is that he’s 60 and she’s in her 50’s.

http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=83655

http://www.suntimes.com/output/outdoors/cst-nws-hike16.html

QUOTE(Mercy! @ Oct 16, 2005 -> 06:09 AM)
It’s pretty cool that Marcia and Ken Powers just became the first to complete the 4900-mile transcontinental American Discovery Trail in one continuous hike.  But what really impressed me is that he’s 60 and she’s in her 50’s.

http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=83655

http://www.suntimes.com/output/outdoors/cst-nws-hike16.html

Not all that surprising. If you look at some of the stats on our nation's long trails, Continental Divide, Pacific Coast, Appalachian, etc. many older people complete the trip. They are typically the ones with the time and money to give themselves the best chance for success.

I've backpacked with many people, and of all my hiking partners, if I was to tackle a long trail, it would be a female friend of mine that I think would be the best partner for the trek.