Catch-All Anything Thread

Texsox

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 10:12 PM)
Well, my foot fit into my dansko's today so I got to wear those to the Opera with my little ankle brace instead of air cast.

What Opera did you see? What group?

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Oct 19, 2005 -> 12:12 AM)
Verdi's MacBeth, I think the was by the Verdi Europa group. It was good.

I soooo miss being near a decent size city. And btw, I'm glad your ankle is feeling better.

I can't think about anything but the world series. Honestly, I cannot think about anything else. And I have this stupid big grin on my face all the time. I have to give a presentation to my seminar on neural adaptation tomorrow, and I cannot focus on it at all. I can't believe I let myself schedule anything for so close to the world series. DAMN!

Okay, trying to focus on something else. . .

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Oct 20, 2005 -> 01:23 PM)
I can't think about anything but the world series. Honestly, I cannot think about anything else. And I have this stupid big grin on my face all the time.  I have to give a presentation to my seminar on neural adaptation tomorrow, and I cannot focus on it at all. I can't believe I let myself schedule anything for so close to the world series. DAMN!

Okay, trying to focus on something else. . .

Soxy, do you have a BA or BS? Did it make a difference in getting into graduate school?

My advisor is telling me no, that he never even really looks. But that is one person, on one committee.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 20, 2005 -> 02:32 PM)
Soxy, do you have a BA or BS? Did it make a difference in getting into graduate school?

My advisor is telling me no, that he never even really looks. But that is one person, on one committee.

BA. Psych Major, Neuro minor/concentration thinger

I think it was mostly my research experience and good grades that got me in (obviously it wasn't my GRE math). . .Actually, I think it was about 73% my research experience, 23% grades and 4% dumb luck.

Most of my friends here have BA's, even the ones in the Neuro program. And I think that those in the clinical program are also mostly BA's. I don't think it matters as long as the scholarship is there. . .

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 10:22 AM)
I have a friend who drunk calls Jeremy Piven - even though he doesn't know the actor.

He gave me the phone number.

Guess who drunk calls Jeremy Piven in two more wins?

Who's Jeremy Piven?

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 09:22 AM)
I have a friend who drunk calls Jeremy Piven - even though he doesn't know the actor.

Sounds like me and Jeremy Piven have something in common :P

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 09:18 AM)
Mock away, but you missed one heck of a talk on sensory habituation and sensitization.  :D

I think that this is going to be a very good week.

Sorry, not mocking, just think a huge clap would be a bit overstated for a University setting. :cheers

BTW, How will this help you later when your husband comes home and you are :sweep:

Gee, I hate to make a value judgement on something so trivial ....but that's pathetic.