Catch-All Anything Thread

Texsox

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 02:02 AM)
My sister won't go within 10m of me, and no-one else is really enthuiastic to get me near me either. No-one's ever had it in our family before, so I can see why.

But it's plenty of bed rest and lotion for the next week.

Um....I'm not sure what the real name of the stuff is, but take an oatmeal bath. It's super relaxing and helps with some of the itchiness....I got the pox really bad....I drooled for a couple of days because sores formed on my lips [obligitory STD joke here] and I couldn't close my mouth normally.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 09:07 AM)
Um....I'm not sure what the real name of the stuff is, but take an oatmeal bath. It's super relaxing and helps with some of the itchiness....I got the pox really bad....I drooled for a couple of days because sores formed on my lips [obligitory STD joke  here] and I couldn't close my mouth normally.

Since we're giving out antcedotal medicinal advice ( :P )--put some tea tree oil/water on thsoe sores. Seriously, that stuff is better than Lourdes water.

Thanks for the advice guys. I will be taking quite a few baths this week, put in some calomine lotion I think so hopefully that will help, and some cream on the spots so hopefully they don't get too itchy. But they are spreading very quickly unfortunately.

I'm 35 and I have never had the measles, mumps, or chicken pox and I have never been vaccinated. My Mom used to take me to kids with the stuff to try and get me sick, but I never got them. My Dad, in his 60's now, also has never had them. I guess I have a natural immunity.

Poison Ivy also doesn't effect me at all. :D

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 10:16 AM)
Poison Ivy also doesn't effect me at all.  :D

I rolled in that stuff one time at Boy Scout camp because I wanted to go home. Nothin. Not one little bump, red mark, or itch. -- And yes, it was poison ivy. My friend who took the roll with me was on his way home by the time the sun set.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 07:35 PM)
I rolled in that stuff one time at Boy Scout camp because I wanted to go home. Nothin. Not one little bump, red mark, or itch. -- And yes, it was poison ivy. My friend who took the roll with me was on his way home by the time the sun set.

Homesick?

QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 10:13 PM)
Homesick?

Politics more than anything. There was a Troop split over infighting. I wasn't involved at all, so when the other troop formed, I saw no reason to switch.

At camp that year, I had only service hours left before reaching Life, so I was actually already planning my Eagle project and making sure I had those requirements. One of which was a merit badge I don't remember what it's called, but part of it was that you had to do like these day long observations of nature/environment and document them -- write a paper. Well on day one I watched the Scout Master help his son write the entire paper then sign off on everything for him. From that point on, I didn't really see what the point of doing the work when he didn't have to. -- Maybe I would have stuck it out if Scouts was my only deal, but I was also a very good competitive swimmer. I wasn't getting anything out of scouts anymore; I was from swimming.

For the rest of the week, when I was supposed to be going to do whatever merit badge that was, I went to visit the other troop that had split off, learned how to water ski, played basketball, and just generally tried to have fun. I don't think I looked at a single merit badge guide book the rest of the week.

After I got back from camp, I never went to another meeting. No animosity towards scouts or even the parties involved. I just came to a swift decision that I was done with scouting. -- I still played an integral part in 3 or 4 Eagle Scout projects of friends after I left.

Environmental Science was the MB. My current Troop started because of a similar Scoutmaster moment. He basically handed his son an Eagle medal. The dad was literally an all-world Scouter. International Scouting, author of merit badge books, a very decent guy, but he had a son that had "issues", hated Scouting, and was so openly defiant it defies description. I don't think dad could handle it.

We started this Troop in 2000 and have fluctuated between 15 and 35 Scouts. We just spun off a Venturing Crew, which is a BSA program for young men and ladies 14-21. Very cool dynamics and I'm enjoying challenging this age group. Great group of kids. They all asked me why I was at the meeting last night instead of in front of the TV watching the White Sox. That included Astros, Red Sox, and Yankee fans.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Oct 30, 2005 -> 12:27 PM)
*stupid ass computer question*

How do I put stuff on a blank CD-RW

When I try and open the CD through 'My Computer' it says to put a disc in.

How do I format it or whatever you have to do.

Isn't it best to use a burning program like Nero for stuff like that?

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Oct 29, 2005 -> 09:27 PM)
*stupid ass computer question*

How do I put stuff on a blank CD-RW

When I try and open the CD through 'My Computer' it says to put a disc in.

How do I format it or whatever you have to do.

What are you trying to put on there? If it is music/video and you want to be able to play it on a CD-player etc. that gets burned one way, and a stand alone program like Roxio, iTunes, etc. works nicely. If you are archiving etc. that's a little different.

If this has been floating around out there I hadn't run into it until I saw it on a friend's White Sox blog.  Brilliant!! 

The Chicago White Sox have tied Bobby Brown's record by beating Houston four times in one week.

Yeah, there’s just nothing like a good wife-beating joke to put a smile on my face. :)

QUOTE(Mercy! @ Oct 31, 2005 -> 01:29 PM)
Yeah, there’s just nothing like a good wife-beating joke to put a smile on my face. :)

Yup. I'm sure the main reason I don't believe in Hell is because if I did then I'd also have to accept that there's a seat on the express train with my name on it. :D

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Oct 31, 2005 -> 12:33 PM)
Yup.  I'm sure the main reason I don't believe in Hell is because if I did then I'd also have to accept that there's a seat on the express train with my name on it.  :D

I think there is a railroad car with Soxtalk's name on it, and we're the conductors :cheers At least we'll be spending eternity together . . .

I don't see how NBC can run radio spots promoting the show "Earl" with the main hook being; "if you watch Earl you'll get to see Jaime Presely in a bikini!" when a majority of the population has already seen her naked numerous times.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Nov 1, 2005 -> 05:22 PM)
I don't see how NBC can run radio spots promoting the show "Earl" with the main hook being; "if you watch Earl you'll get to see Jaime Presely in a bikini!" when a majority of the population has already seen her naked numerous times.

Stop looking through my bedroom window, dammit!

:) :)

I just wanted to show off my amazing predicting abilities, from the preseason thread. ENJOY:

AL East - Spanks

AL Cent - Twinks

AL West - LAAofAofCofUSAofNAofWHofPEofSS

AL WC - Red Cubs

NL East - Bravos

NL Cent - Redbirds

NL West - Pads

NL WC - Phils

AL Champ - Halos

NL Champ - Birds

World Series StL over Anaheim

The ONLY two teams I don't have in the postseason?

The two who made the World Series!!!

:bang :bang :lol: :lol:

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Nov 1, 2005 -> 04:41 PM)
Stop looking through my bedroom window, dammit!

:)  :)

FlaSoxxJim, I served with Jaime Presely. I knew Jaime Presely. Jaime Presely was a

friend of mine. FlaSoxxJim, you're no Jaime Presely.