Catch-All Anything Thread

Texsox

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 11:18 PM)
Where did you pick up Add Class forms for your school? Was there a general form you given, or did you have to ask the specific department (of the class you registered) for permission? I'm guessing these policies are same across campuses.

I just go to my specific school's admin/counseling office. They hand you a form where you can add/drop a class with just the signature of a professor. The add/drop form is the same no matter what you are studying, but you just return it to your specific admin office so they can put you in the class and update you files and such.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Steff @ Nov 15, 2005 -> 11:09 AM)
Accounting manager made a $235K "mistake"...  :headshake

LMAO.. and it gets better... not only did she not make the transfer.. when she finally did it.. she sent the $$ to the wrong account... at the wrong bank. :stick

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Nov 15, 2005 -> 10:22 AM)
I come back to my job six months after I left it... and at work, I was still logged in to Soxtalk.

Damn, because I really like the person who was posting in your place . . .

QUOTE(Soxy @ Nov 15, 2005 -> 07:44 PM)
Can you put music from musicmatch onto an ipod? Or do you have to go through iTunes?

I ripped some songs off CDs onto MusicMatch for my wife, exported the files into a folder on my PC and designated that folder as an acquisition folder for iTunes. Worked like a charm.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Nov 15, 2005 -> 09:09 PM)
Shoveling, what is that?  :bang

I had to take a marine ecology class out in the field this weekend, and I got a sunburn.  :)

:rolly

Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy

Sunshine in my eyes can make me cry

Sunshine on the water looks so lovely

Sunshine almost always makes me high

If I had a day that I could give you

I’d give to you a day just like today

If I had a song that I could sing for you

I’d sing a song to make you feel this way

If I had a tale that I could tell you

I’d tell a tale sure to make you smile

If I had a wish that I could wish for you

I’d make a wish for sunshine all the while

Sunshine almost all the time makes me high

Sunshine almost always

QUOTE(SnB @ Nov 16, 2005 -> 12:42 AM)
I've stumbled across this little gem of a program.

http://www.3m.com/market/office/postit/com...otes/index.html

there's a free basic version somewhere in there.  With the right customization (not having it displayed in your toolbar) it's a nice little program if you're like me and always have to make notes of random things.

Macs used to have these back in the day. (I assume they still do, but I haven't used one in 8 years or so)

Stickies. I used to leave all sorts of "naughty" notes on my friends' dad's computer. I loved getting him in trouble.

OUR CHURCH was looking for a new minister, and the selection committee finally recommended a young man just out of the seminary. Many older church members protested that a more experienced man would have been preferable. Committee members retaliated with the argument that a younger minister might breathe fresh life into the congregation. At the end of the meeting, I commented to an older man that this marked the beginning of better things for our church. "Yes," he said with a wry smile. "Moving on to greener pastors."

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Nov 16, 2005 -> 02:48 AM)
Macs used to have these back in the day. (I assume they still do, but I haven't used one in 8 years or so)

Stickies. I used to leave all sorts of "naughty" notes on my friends' dad's computer. I loved getting him in trouble.

Mac has actually eleveted Stickies to be one of the included dashboard Widgets on Tiger OS.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Nov 16, 2005 -> 08:45 AM)
The two most hated words in the English language

Wind Chill

:ph34r: :rolly

Somewhere the forecast is:

Partly cloudy skies. High 71F. Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph.

You know, just sayin', somewhere :P

QUOTE(Texsox @ Nov 16, 2005 -> 08:55 AM)
:ph34r:  :rolly

Somewhere the forecast is:

You know, just sayin', somewhere  :P

...where the only cold things are the hearts of those who would rub that in.....

ICKBICK!

( the phonetic pronunciation of FLX's I Kid Because I Care acronym )

Today

Cloudy in the morning then becoming partly sunny. Areas of blowing snow in the morning. Scattered flurries in the morning. Windy...colder. High in the mid 20s. Northwest wind 25 to 30 mph. Gusts up to 45 mph in the morning.

I gotta deal with this s***. ^

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Nov 16, 2005 -> 09:58 AM)
Interesting Fact of the day:

More than 2/3 of the world's households obtain their water from outside the house.

Wow.  Staggering Number.

I would be amazed if more than 20% of Americans could take some muddy water and make it potable, or find water and know the safest sources.

That also means 2/3 of the world's households do not dispose of body waste in a toilet in their homes.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Nov 16, 2005 -> 10:58 AM)
Interesting Fact of the day:

More than 2/3 of the world's households obtain their water from outside the house.

Wow.  Staggering Number.

And the remaining 1/3 apparently have private lakes or aquifers inside their house from which they draw their water. . . :P